The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil Graphics - Anyone else ever look...burnt?

curlyqloub14_ESO
curlyqloub14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
So, here's how my character normally looks (note the colors of my armor - red and brownish) :
5TQU4AHl.png

I've noticed occasionally after time spent in Cyrodiil, my character starts to look different. The best way I can describe it is blackened or burnt - like she's been grilling on the barbecue. It does seem to happen after I've been hit with fire (but not died) and healed, so I'm not sure if it's an intentional thing (looking singed after being through fire kinda makes sense), or if it's a bug.
KPYCCO7l.png
oYKabQKl.png
z1gyXG0l.png

Note how my armor also is darkened - the brown parts are now black. In the last image you can see the mane of my horse - the graphics are very degraded, which is typical after any length of time spent in Cyrodiil - all the more reason why I'm not sure if this is a graphics problem, or purposeful.

It's kinda cool in a way - sorta looks like camouflage, but I'm just curious if anyone else ever experiences this on your own character, or if you see it on others. I'm not sure if anyone I'm playing with can see this or if it's just me.
Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on September 30, 2014 8:40PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire toons take more damage from fire and sometime that damage 'stays' even after healed.

Reloadui or zoning will fix this

It also happens from other elemental damage
    Edited by Natjur on September 30, 2014 9:31PM
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the same thing on my dark elf - not a vampire either. Catches me a little by surprise since the face looks to bulge a bit too.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Last time I had this effect, I had repentance listed under my statuses. It's a templar skill that uses corpses to power 0 magicka heals, morph of restoring aura. Since you can only use each corpse once, that was possibly the reason for the lingering status. My guess is the visual burns may be part of that. No idea how long the status should last, but it should be removed once you revive. I think it might be a bug.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Last time I had this effect, I had repentance listed under my statuses. It's a templar skill that uses corpses to power 0 magicka heals, morph of restoring aura. Since you can only use each corpse once, that was possibly the reason for the lingering status. My guess is the visual burns may be part of that. No idea how long the status should last, but it should be removed once you revive. I think it might be a bug.
    agree.gif

Every time i start looking burnt, i have 'repentance' in the list of active effects.
    :)
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes turning others Vamp or WW will also make them look burned (or even bloody --- I've seen this happen as well). Also a vamp feeding on others in Cyrodiil can make them look either of these. I am not sure what's up with it, but it's quite funny imo... I say leave it be ZOS!! :grinning:
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not really complaining, was moreso just curious if it's a bug or an intended effect. Sounds like bug, but with an entertaining result.
  • timbuck.3b16_ESO
    Happend to me long ago, after an afternoon in Cyrodill.
    Brule.jpg
    "Que le cul pèle à nos ennemis, et qu'ils aient les bras trop courts pour se gratter"
    Timbuck TheThird On arrival in front of Molag Bal,the first Loredas of Last Seed - 2E 582.
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭
    It has happened to me many times. If I do an emote it goes away.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can also confirm this has happened to my imperial nightblade (not a vampire) character in cyrodiil. Also like others have stated above, I have repentance under active status. No clue what it means or does.

I never thought of it as looking burnt. to me it looked like some military camo face paint.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on October 3, 2014 6:49PM
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    happens in pve as well.
    one of my group members used repentance WHILE I WAS DEAD and when I rez'd I was looking burnt.
    if he uses repentance while I'm alive_ nothing. it doesn't burn me up.

relog always removes the effect (at least for me)
    #teamEmeric
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is does look like camouflage. I've been lucky to only have it happen on my two stealth characters.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Repentance is a morph of Restoring Aura, an ability in the Templar's Restoring Light skill line. It "consumes the essence of corpses" to restore health and stamina from defeated enemies within it's range when activated. This burnt effect is then applied to the corpses to show that they can no longer be consumed again. When the effect is applied to players, the effect does not always get removed when you resurrect.

To clear it, force a texture remap. Doing an emote works, I believe adding and removing a costume does but have not tried it. Reloadui does not work for me. Once I logged out and was still burnt in the character selection screen and when I logged back in.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Well, got burnt tonight and none of the usual clears would work. Had to log to the character selection screen and back in.
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hehe, I love that everyone is getting "burnt" now. Thumbs up. If repentance is what does it, I might start requesting it - kinda' digging the commando look, especially for Cyrodiil.
    Edited by curlyqloub14_ESO on October 4, 2014 5:18AM
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    At long last fix this silly bug. I am tired of looking like a racoon in pvp.