The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Level Cap Increases Are Cheap

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game isn't an MMO RPG anymore, it's an OG RTS (Online Group).
    Anyone who likes RPG style games mite aswell just leave now, it's only gonna get worse. This is going to go as far from Elder Scrolls games as they can push it....and it's stretched already.

No, I give up on this game for now. I may be back when the real guilds are released but for now I can't sit here and condone the destruction of the Elder Scrolls name with this...whatever it is.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    People using words like compete etc really need to realise that a co-op rpg is not about competing.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Anyone who likes RPG style games mite aswell just leave now, it's only gonna get worse. This is going to go as far from Elder Scrolls games as they can push it....and it's stretched already.

No, I give up on this game for now. I may be back when the real guilds are released but for now I can't sit here and condone the destruction of the Elder Scrolls name with this...whatever it is.

You know what the word MULTIPLAYER means in the Genre of MMORPGs? It means, play with others together or against them and not, that you play all alone.

That's, why this game is named Elder Scrolls Online, and not Elder Scrolls: Rise of Molag Bal...

Edited by Kego on October 1, 2014 11:54AM
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »

You know what the word MULTIPLAYER means in the Genre of MMORPGs? It means, play with others together or against them and not, that you play all alone.

That's, why this game is named Elder Scrolls Online, and not Elder Scrolls: Rise of Molag Bal...

Actually you'll find that the term 'Multiplayer' just means there is more than one player. Nothing to do with group, guilds, partys ect. Just means there are lots of players on the same game as you.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    And doing absolutely everything, is just silly. Playing that way makes exploring silly, ESO turned into a quest grind starting with VR1. go to this map, do every quest, dolmen, dungeon, WB, than move to next zone rinse and repeat.

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree, as those things you just listed as silly are exactly why I play this game, to do everything. To me content releases without level cap increases are just silly.

Yeah don't get me wrong all that stuff is fun...from 1 to 50. As you're not forced to do absolutely everything. VR levels that's not the case

You are forced to play the game in a specific order, or you lose loot and exp.

Within; Without.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day that we have real raids in this game is the day things might actually improve for a lot of us interested in end game play. As is, Trials are honestly just a snooze fest, sadly, as is a lot of the questing in Craglorn. Level cap increases mean absolutely zip in this game, given the itemization issues from the get go. IF (big IF...) the "champion system" actually changes any of that, then those of us who actually do want to compete may have something more substantial to look into... remains to be seen.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a vacuum, there's nothing wrong with the VR level increases.

There's plenty wrong with the fact that after VR10 and completing Cadwell's Gold there's no solo content beyond Cyrodiil and that's really a PVP zone.

The group content in Craglorn isn't really robust enough to be more than an annoyance, anyway.

There's no point in questing in Craglorn below VR14 because the grind groups are so much more efficient, time wise, get better gear, and the quest rewards suck.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Once again, you wouldn't be competing. If you don't even have time to reach level cap, you def don't have time to compete.

People that are competing and actually clearing things (many are competing but never managing to achieve anything) have 30 - 50 and more played days on their main characters, they spent hours, days learning how to play perfectly, looking for mats, leveling alts for the hirelings, getting all their gear to legendary and so on. They where VR10 less than 2-3 weeks after the game came out (for some it took a couple of days) and VR12 or VR14 the same day the level cap was increased.

If you enjoy leveling slowly, you shouldn't worry about level cap. If you really want to compete, time to grind to VR14 and get invested in the game :).

Wrong buddy! haha you dont have to play 8 hours a day to know how to play your character.
    I spent 7 years in wow at level cap playing only a few hours a week in endgame raids only. When you have only a few hours to play per week it be nice to be able to cap those levels and start logging in for raids! L2P your character has nothing to do with hours you spent logged in.
    ZOS needs to be more creative than toss another 2 levels every three months. If you cant think of other ways to give end game players something to do I wont bother writing them out for you but will state that there is quit a bit MORE horizontal progression that could be added!

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R1ckyDaMan wrote: »
    People using words like compete etc really need to realise that a co-op rpg is not about competing.

Go play a co-op RPG then and let people play the MMORPG :)
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, dunno, but from what I hear the content they keep adding now has very little in common with questing through to Cadwell's Gold. That's kind of what I dread: that trying to keep up with PvP will force me into a type of content I don't care about.

As it stands, it looks as if I'll be around V11 when I finish Cadwell's Gold. Then what? I've skipped most of the group content up to this point and for a reason. I much prefer to play PvP but that levels really slowly. If Zeni keep adding dungeon run-like group content while raising the level Cap then I'm going to keep falling behind.
    Edited by Muizer on October 2, 2014 9:35AM
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voodoo wrote: »
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Once again, you wouldn't be competing. If you don't even have time to reach level cap, you def don't have time to compete.

People that are competing and actually clearing things (many are competing but never managing to achieve anything) have 30 - 50 and more played days on their main characters, they spent hours, days learning how to play perfectly, looking for mats, leveling alts for the hirelings, getting all their gear to legendary and so on. They where VR10 less than 2-3 weeks after the game came out (for some it took a couple of days) and VR12 or VR14 the same day the level cap was increased.

If you enjoy leveling slowly, you shouldn't worry about level cap. If you really want to compete, time to grind to VR14 and get invested in the game :).

Wrong buddy! haha you dont have to play 8 hours a day to know how to play your character.
    I spent 7 years in wow at level cap playing only a few hours a week in endgame raids only. When you have only a few hours to play per week it be nice to be able to cap those levels and start logging in for raids! L2P your character has nothing to do with hours you spent logged in.
    ZOS needs to be more creative than toss another 2 levels every three months. If you cant think of other ways to give end game players something to do I wont bother writing them out for you but will state that there is quit a bit MORE horizontal progression that could be added!

Can't agree with everything m8 :/

Looking at the awfull gear that drops in most end game instances and the fact that the hardest instances (Hard Modes) don't drop special loot or even good loot, I'd say the vertical progression utterly sucks in the game. At the very least we have the level cap increase...

Horizontal progression? It usually means more kinds of gear(not more op, just that allow more combinations), new skills (new combinations), more crafting, new trade systems, new zones to explore... So new Gear: 1.3 <= they added some interesting sets and nerfed the good ones. New Skills <= Introduced with Arena, legendary rewards (items that modify your skills, but the problem is they are uterlly useless, and you have to grind Arena to get them. Maybe the resto staff with stamina could be useful but MEH, why would we spend time and effort theorycrafting stam builds that work in groups with healers equipped with that staff to give them back stamina when Magicka is working perfectly and it would mean the loss of one healer? Stamina builds DPS should be insane to justify all that effort which isn't the case). Crafting <= New trait and soon 9 traits armor. Trade systems<= The world merchants? People are making 500k gold a week from their trading guilds and people buying cheap and selling are also making a lot of dough. Zones to explore <= New ones almost in every version with a lot of story added.

In a PVE POV, this game in fact has had more Horizontal than Vertical progression being added to it since launch. The only vertical progression we got where 4 lousy levels you can get in 4 hours, 1 good Armor in AA (Aether) and a couple of good armor sets pieces in Arena (mostly healer). Raider/hard core guilds are quitting/have quit because of the lack of real vertical progression (ZOS has asked most of the PVE competitive guilds for feedback, the first thing I've seen most of us think about is rewards and itemization) and obviously, people are not satisfied with Horizontal progression since you can't even realize most of the content has been released to that end and people still complain they can't compete when the only difference between VR10 and VR14 is 4 hours of grind, slightly better stats and access to instances that give bad loot and no reward for the time invested (go clear HM Arena, 4h of instance, 250 pots to get a blue item: GG).

Regarding the time played => Skill => competitive raiding: Practice does make better if you're unskilled. If you are skilled then yeah I agree with you, you don't require 15h a day to be good (especially not in TESO) but still it takes time to find what the correct builds/armors/skills are, it takes time to learn how to use them, it takes time to find skilled people to raid with, get into a good raiding guild that doesn't have a core group of very good players, time to prove you belong to the guild and deserve a spot in their core group. Time well spent at least but still time.

So as I said, If you aren't even VR10 after 6 months of the game, it means raiding and end game is prolly not your aim in the game and you still have access to most of the horizontal progression that has been added to the game, so level cap increase is: meaningless.
    Edited by TehMagnus on October 2, 2014 9:59AM
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »

Same argument could be made the game is not called Elder Scrolls Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The words MMO and athlete don't belong together. Unless used to describe an antithetical relationship.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    The words MMO and athlete don't belong together. Unless used to describe an antithetical relationship.

Or if they create a Athletics MMO, World of Olympics perhaps :dizzy_face:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you hit the cap you would be bored trust me there is nothing to do.
  • Ragefist
    Ragefist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where those people keep coming from?

VRs are going away

We will be stuck at same level with gear treadmills

You won

Stop panicking and relax
  • rainith2000nub18_ESO
    Yeah don't get me wrong all that stuff is fun...from 1 to 50. As you're not forced to do absolutely everything. VR levels that's not the case

Got it, I have not been having fun for the last 9+ VRs that I have played through. I'll keep that in mind as I'm enjoying the game this weekend.

Here, if it makes you feel any better, have a cookie. :cookie:
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get to the cap with even one character, much less the main and two other alts that I want to play because you keep raising it before I get there.

Isn't that a GOOD thing?
    Achievements Suck
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    You aren't a Professional MMO athlete looking to stay at max level doing group-only content at an advanced level for military strategists on teamspeak?

Then you aren't the audience, bye.

Wait...a "professional MMO athlete"...did I really just read that... :trollface:
    Edited by babylon on October 4, 2014 12:39AM