The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Missing sound effects, and can't mount

Avath
Avath
Since today's patch on the EU Server I've had no sound effects from my Destruction Staff skills (and regular attacks), or my Sword & Shield attacks.

It seems various other sounds are missing too (portalling was a curiously quiet experience as well).

In addition I discovered that after jumping to the Riften wayshire I couldn't mount anywhere in town (didn't try it outside of town, I was only jumping on for a couple of mins).

All of which somewhat damages the emersion aspect of things.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Avath,

Can you try a repair on your client and let us know if that helps? To do this, close the game and open the launcher, then select Game Options above the news section. From that drop down, select Repair and allow it to run. Once it finishes, hop back in to the game and let us know if it alleviates the sound issues.

We headed over to the Rift and hopped on a pony and we were able to ride around without any issues, so the repair can help with that as well. If you experience the same issue, let us know the error message you receive in the top-right corner while mounted and we'll be happy to look into this further for you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    THe mounted issue is especially bad in Cyrodiil...and usually prefaces a severe crash to desktop for me within 5 minutes. THe message is almost always "You cannot mount in this location" no matter where I am
  • Avath
    Avath
    Thanks!

I'm running the repair now, but it's my work Mac so I'll find out tomorrow if it worked. But I'll check my home Mac once I'm there and let you know if it's a consistent issue.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I keep losing the soudns for weapon attacks and hoof/footsteps in game. I repair and it works for a bit then i lose them again at some point. I almost lose them 100% if i fast travel around cyrodil even after the patch fixed this issue yesterday.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there folks,

We've sent this feedback along to the appropriate department. Once more information becomes available about the sound issue, we'll be sure to keep you updated.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update to this? I still keep having issues with missing sounds like horse galloping sounds, whistling to call horse and certain combat effects. Relogging usually fixes it but it's getting pretty annoying having to quit the game to fix this.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @EQBallzz,

We've updated a few other threads on the sound issue, and we're continuing to work on the issue until a full resolution is reached. Here's the information that was posted in the other threads:
    This is a known issue that was partly addressed in patch 1.4.5 on September 20, 2014. However, the hotfix we deployed was only targeted at the locations players teleport into in Cyrodiil (specifically when doing so via the UI, and only this method of entering the zone) and cannot account for character swapping. As such, it is still possible for this error to occur in other locations. Future updates to help address this issue are planned.

To work around this on your affected character, enter a nearby "indoor area" (buildings or cave entrances that cause a load screen to happen) or quit and restart the client.

We thank you for your patience while a solution is reached!
    Staff Post