Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] Item Durability Lost

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
Playing an alt today in Davons Watch and every time I use my weapon I keep getting the "item durability lost" pop up and I haven't died. Happens when I use my restoration staff or as a Templar using Puncturing Strikes. My staff is fully charged and I don't have damage on my armor. :/
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Seravi,

Item durability is lost during normal combat even if you don't die, but it is a bit strange that this tooltip is popping up when your armor has suffered no damage. When looking at your armor, it has bars that are similar to the weapon charge bars to indicate loss of durability. In the early stages, stats won't be affected, but the bar will decrease. Then the item's value will fall, followed by the armor value.

Check that bar and let us know if you see any damage to any of your armor. You may also turn off the tutorials under Settings > Gameplay > Tutorials. Thanks for your patience, and let us know what you find!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My armor was at 100% going into the crypt. When I finished the crypt I checked my armor and I had lost one point to the chest and two to the pants, that's it. I took a lot of damage in Bal Foyen and didn't see this pop up one time. It only happens in Davons Watch. Yeah I can turn it off. Just bugs me it only pops up in Davons Watch. Maybe they like their warriors to be more informed of arrows to the knee, who knows. :) Thanks.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the vendors have conspired to have that notification appear in town in order to get more gold. They're sneaky ;).

We'll still send this feedback along to see why that notification is popping up. It seems pretty specific to dying, but your gear was "damaged" so it at least makes sense. Thanks for your patience and for sending this our way!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have also noticed this, while exclusively using my firestaff to attack and without receiving any damage (checked combat log) I also lost armor durability slowly in all pieces.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested this again and I was outside of Davons Watch at the beach near the Harborage and took damage, no notification. I took some damage inside Davons Watch by jumping off a wall in the city and it pops up so it is only happening to me in the city area by the crypts and crafting tables. I think the merchants may be in on this, LOL! :)
    Edited by Seravi on September 30, 2014 2:37PM