The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO is not responding after clicking play button in launcher

09deadpoolrwb17_ESO
09deadpoolrwb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Good day,

I have read through all the posts and fixes regarding the black screen after launching the game. I have tried everything and nothing fixes the infinite loading black screen.

I have made the changes mentioned by the posters. I have used their usersettings.txt file.

I have even deleted the usersettings.txt file but nothing happens. The game does not recreate it once I have deleted it.

It is almost as if it does not even start. It just freezes immediately. I have also added an exception to the firewall and disabled the anti virus.

I have even restarted my computer just to be safe.

I bought the game on steam. I have also tried downloading it from the ESO website and running it. Still the same problem.

I played the Beta without any problems.

A resolution to this problem will be greatly appreciated. I have not activated my product key yet as I want the game to work before I start using my free 30 days.

Thank you.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • 09deadpoolrwb17_ESO
    09deadpoolrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    FIX:

The problem was that there was nothing in the liveeu folder in my documents. So for anyone having this problem on the EU server make sure you put the usersettings.txt file that can be found in the forums not in the normal live folder that all the forums say you must. That is most likely the fix for the NA server.

Hope this helps someone else
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @09deadpoolrwb17_ESO,

We went ahead and created a support ticket for you, then noticed you had responded to this just a few minutes later with a solution. We have subsequently requested that this ticket gets closed :P.

We're glad that you were able to find a solution, and thank you so much for posting it for others that may be experiencing the same issue! If you require any additional assistance, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • vergelli
    vergelli
    Soul Shriven
    @09deadpoolrwb17_ESO‌ I was searching on my folders and i see that, i haven't that folder... "liveeu" should be bad?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @vergelli,

The liveeu folder is only present for folks playing on the EU server. If you're playing on NA, it will just be "Live"

If you are playing on the EU server and you don't have a liveeu folder in My Documents\Elder Scrolls Online, that would indeed cause some issues. If that's the case, please run a repair on the client and let us know if it restores that folder. To do this, close the game and open the launcher and click Game Options above the news articles. Select Repair from the drop down and let the operation run.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post