The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

[BUG] The "E" Bug Is Back

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
I've only been playing my new alt since today's patch but I am having the old E key issues. I tried to use E for a quest to use a whistle for Rex, didn't work. I had to run around in circles pushing E and finally hit a spot it would work. The quest marker/text popped up to use the E key yet nothing happened and I heard an error type sound in the game every time I pushed E. Also there was text in the top right of the game saying I wasn't allowed to use that here when I should have been allowed.

I kill enemies and clearly have goodies to take from their bodies and push E and get nothing like the E key isn't working. They lay there glowing yellow and won't let me have my treasure. I've moved around them and still can't get anything. It isn't an issue of dead stacked on top of each other. They are single laying on the ground, NPC's and animals. Checked my keybinds as I run the game default and nothing is wrong there. This is all on Bleakrock.
Edited by Seravi on September 29, 2014 5:24PM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this bug on and off since launch. I don't think it was ever fixed, it was just hiding somewhere.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Our group sees this all the time when taking on mobs. Usually there is at least 3 or 4 after doing a group dungeon that although is glowing yellow, nobody can collect the loot. About the only thing you can do is just move on and forget about it. I know this bug has been around for sometime and doesn't seem to be high on the ZOS priority list.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was bad really bad last night.....before patch.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    It might be be because you were still in combat. If you use the FTC addon, you can see that interactability only returns when your character leaves combat.

Sometimes your character gets stuck in combat longer than usual but i found a workaround that's been working quite reliably for me, simply toggle mouse cursor and back. I have that bound to my mouse wheel so i can switch back and forth easily with just my mouse
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I tried hitting ESC, tabbing out and I could get on my horse so the game didn't consider me in combat. I don't use any addons.
    Edited by Seravi on September 30, 2014 12:42AM
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This particular bug has nothing to do with being stuck in combat. One mob can be lootable, while another one right next to it is not.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have been noticing this every now and then. Last night it was especially bad after the patch. My thoughts were that it's just because of lag. Also happened trying to mount or unmount horse.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although I agree this bug has been around for ages, it is affecting me particularly badly atm especially since the last patch......

Oh just incase it's relevant I'm on the EU server :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on the NA server and it has been bad since the patch Monday for me. It is happening on all of my characters and I have one in EP, DC and AD. There are quests that require you to use E to apply patches to wounded or potions, etc and you can't. The message, "You can't do that here" comes up and you have to run around the NPC until it activates. From what I am seeing the activation area is off. I have been through the dog whistle quest a few times with alts and the place I could finally activate it was well to the right of where it was showing to activate it and the E was not even active on the screen text yet it worked. I had an NPC I had to use E on for a potion and the same thing happened. When I moved away from the NPC, the E went dark like it should not activate in the area and it worked. I will try to get a screen shot of this and send it in a /bug report in game.
  • Alliel
    Alliel
    ✭✭
    I have been experiencing this bug since launch, and i already lost hope it will ever be fixed. It is very annoying, but i don't see any other option than just get used to it. If they haven't fixed it by now i doubt they will ever fix it.
  • hushia
    hushia
    ✭✭
    Since the latest patch I have this bug on one of my characters. Pressing E sometimes stops working. It seems to be random and a /reloadui fixes it immediately. I had this when I was trying to look at the skill tree of a weapon. I couldn't open the bow skills. I could open the other weapon skill trees though.

Some other thing I've noticed is that occasionally a problem with the clickable area pops up. When I'm selecting a wayshrine on the map and try to click on the E, it doesn't work, I have to aim to the left of the E and a bit to the bottom before it responds. Again /reloadui solves it.

It is different from when you stay in combat too long and have to wait to be able to interact with something in the environment (i.e. looting, mining ore).
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's not just the "E" key, I have also remapped to the R mouse button. And I also have the prob that I can't fire anything (I can move alright), can't use any abilites, and baddies just pound me while I am helpless to do anything but run away. After a minute it fixes itself. Have been having this prob ever since Beta, but:

Satellite Internet (Wildblue) 400KB/sec (KBytes) measured download speed, 3Mbps (Mbits) officially, upload speed is 1/4 download speed. Ping times are around 1000ms to anywhere, 800-900 if lucky. It takes time for the radio signals to get to/from the Satellite (at the speed of light). Could be latency issues, lots of latency in Satellite Internet.