The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Abilities and weapon draw

demonlkojipub19_ESO
demonlkojipub19_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Various abilities force you to draw your weapon when there is no need for it. Abilities like rapid maneuvers and Dragon blood for a few examples make you draw your weapon to use them. It's annoying for rapid maneuvers because you run slower with your weapon drawn and end up having to resheath it every cast.

Probably other classes have their buff-type abilities that shouldn't force weapon draw when used as well. But please look at skills that you don't really need to pull out your weapon to use and make it so they dont do it.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Won't help you beat our time of 10:31 in AA on the EU server :p

But seriously though. It would be easier to shave off some time on the trial speed runs if they remove this. And I guess that is the reason you want this skills to change. But from that perspective I think it's more important to have it in as it makes is a little bit harder to gain 0:01 sec faster run in the trials.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like rapid manuver skill to not force me to draw my weapon also, and i have never been in a trail run nor any type of pve event so my request has nothing to do with trial runs, it has to do with pvp,
    rapid manuver should not take me out of stealth, and it should also not make me draw my weapons. in addition it should also last 3x as long as it does and use only half the amount of stamina it does. since you devs do not want us to have speeds with vampire and armor stacking then please give us the speed buffs as something we can cast.
    please
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Other then it might be fun and will be more immersive as a vampire... I have spent my fair share time in PvP there too but can't see any tactical justifications to have faster seed stealth speed then there is now. Now I almost only play in groups of 10-12 players in Cyrodiil and have not spend more then maybe only 100 hours in total of solo "ninja" style PvP in Cyrodiil just to 'chillax' once in a blue moon. But I never felt that I needed faster stealth speed to be successful. So what is this need for speed coming from?
    Edited by Sunrock on September 28, 2014 4:56AM
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not a need for speed. Its just annoying for some abilities that aren't attacks to force you to draw your weapon. Not limited to rapid maneuvers, its just one example. Its mostly when it comes to class skills.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on September 28, 2014 9:42AM