The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow Cloak is still not fixed!

Spangla
Spangla
✭✭✭✭
It must allow you to re-stealth otherwise its pointless!

If I hit someone and dont kill them I can never return to stealth its ridiculous. If I fail to kill some1 from stealth and cant return to stealth after using an entire bar of magika on cloak then this skill is useless!

Its not like even with 5-6 or cloak uses I can be far enough away to get out of trouble only sorc's can do that ofc
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    give up frankly

they have no idea how to fix it just except it!
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloak has never worked like that nor was it intended to work like that. Its a skill granting short duration invisibility.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on September 26, 2014 1:31PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    stealth in this game needs tons of work. If it frustrates you this much, just give up on the ability. swap it for aspect of fear or something.
    Edited by Cody on September 27, 2014 9:08PM
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea ok I should just be quiet and just let dk and sorc own everything without a fuss - er no
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnk15Wf6xMU

the only true assassin will kill every time 1st strike!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes the stealth is broken, yes it needs improved and fixed. we nightblades need more survivability and more damage output, this is a known fact.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to agree with you.
    Sneak - is not invisibilty. Its just the ability to creep upto people undetected. Once detected you should never be able to sneak until you leave combat or kill the enemies that detected you.
    Invisibility - is totally different. You simply vanish and cant be locked onto or followed to even maintain combat. So detection should be removed and the ability to instantly sneak restored.

I think ZOS simpley treat sneaking and invisibilty the same. This should not be the case. Same reason projectiles should miss. Theres nothing there to hit. Theres nothing there to fight,
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    Yea ok I should just be quiet and just let dk and sorc own everything without a fuss - er no

never said that, I just said you should stop using the ability if it frustrates you this much.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

never said that, I just said you should stop using the ability if it frustrates you this much.

errrr, or ZOS should just fix the *** ability.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    I would have to agree with you.
    Sneak - is not invisibilty. Its just the ability to creep upto people undetected. Once detected you should never be able to sneak until you leave combat or kill the enemies that detected you.
    Invisibility - is totally different. You simply vanish and cant be locked onto or followed to even maintain combat. So detection should be removed and the ability to instantly sneak restored.

i disagree, man. i dont think detection should be removed and the ability to instantly sneak restored. you vanish and cant be locked onto or folowed, but when effect is over i think its fair we (im a nb) cant restealth so easily. go to hide behind a tree or a rock (true stealth) and wait to left combat. its fair. if you kill the target you will restealth, no matter how many enemies are looking to you.

now some prejectiles and gap closers still breaking shadow cloak. this is sad
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    You know when u tab someone and they go in stealth.... it follows them as.well.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HEY! ZENIMAX! Would you just [snip] fix Cloak already!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on October 7, 2014 2:31AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

errrr, or ZOS should just fix the *** ability.

I agree that the ability needs to be fixed. its been broken since launch.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is buggy, and the entire sneak/hidden system is lousy in my opinion. But, it's not in the terrible class breaking status it was just a few weeks ago. I think it's lame as hell that a mundane object (detect pots) beats cloak, but it doesn't equate to being crushed in combat... Since the Magelight fox, I have been killed in pvp maaaaybe 3 times... And I've killed lots of people and escaped more than a few deadly situations. Cloak is still being worked on and we'll be substantially more powerful when it gets all the kinks worked out.

Also, I feel that after engaging in combat, we shouldn't get to pop cloak and achieve stealth again... It would make NBs retardly overpowered. I get 1.2k concealed weapon hits and I'm not even front loaded into a glass cannon. You have to be reasonable with these requests. I'm totally on board with fixing our bugged skills. The class is inching towards balance. As far as I'm concerned, the only things that annoy me in pvp are fighting styles (shield stacking and block spam attackers)... Not class skills.
    Edited by Jacques Berge on October 6, 2014 8:57AM
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • Nihil
    Nihil
    ✭✭✭
    It must allow you to re-stealth otherwise its pointless!

If I hit someone and dont kill them I can never return to stealth its ridiculous. If I fail to kill some1 from stealth and cant return to stealth after using an entire bar of magika on cloak then this skill is useless!

Its not like even with 5-6 or cloak uses I can be far enough away to get out of trouble only sorc's can do that ofc

Invisability is a risky thing to make to strong, in all other games I have played that has made this a core mechanic of a class it literally makes the class extremely strong.

NB's do have some bugs that need to be worked out, but not being able to re enter stealth just because you used cloak is not one of them.
    Edited by Nihil on October 6, 2014 10:17AM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course it was fixed.

EVrDllZ.gif
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mriguy1981 wrote: »

This really is effing unforgivable at this point. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to cloak up and continue to be targeted at range with shield charge, long shots, snipe as if I was marked target.

They really need to get off their asses and fix this skill. The NB community has been long suffering enough IMO. Time to allow them to play their way rather than be forced to a non-cloaky build.

And cloak should break combat IMO. That is why when entering cloak you get the stealth crit bonus. The NB can make the choice during the active cloak to either attack or try to leave. To be fair their active detection ring should be a little larger for a few seconds after cloak ends. That way they actually have to be putting some distance between them and the combat. As it is now they need to run about a half mile away from combat before going back into stealth which is pretty ridiculous IMO.
    Edited by Vizier on October 6, 2014 7:47PM
  • Nihil
    Nihil
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    mriguy1981 wrote: »

This really is effing unforgivable at this point. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to cloak up and continue to be targeted at range with shield charge, long shots, snipe as if I was marked target.

They really need to get off their asses and fix this skill. The NB community has been long suffering enough IMO. Time to allow them to play their way rather than be forced to a non-cloaky build.

And cloak should break combat IMO. That is why when entering cloak you get the stealth crit bonus. The NB can make the choice during the active cloak to either attack or try to leave. To be fair their active detection ring should be a little larger for a few seconds after cloak ends. That way they actually have to be putting some distance between them and the combat. As it is now they need to run about a half mile away from combat before going back into stealth which is pretty ridiculous IMO.

You do not get the crit bonus by entering cloak O_o you have night blade passive that add 10% spell damage or spell power when you are stealth OR invisible. You can spec for a invis morph that gives you increase crit chance. But you do not get the bonuses you get from stealth.

They do need to fix bugs/not allow the tab targeting to stay on the target. But this claim that you need to be able to restealth is just not what needs fixing. This is no way a "play your way" issue, this is game balance issue and the imbalance to allow a class to re enter stealth at will.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still buggy, yes... Still dangerous, yes http://youtu.be/zQC7a4nBoyI
    "Shadow hide you"

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still buggy, yes... Still dangerous, yes http://youtu.be/zQC7a4nBoyI

wow, you are so good, please teach me.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarcasm??^^
    "Shadow hide you"

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarcasm??^^

I dunno if he is or not but it's a great video, but I don't think it can really be argued that either of those players were any good. For example, you marked one and the guy tried to sneak and just stood there, he deserved to die.

THAT said, it really is a great video and I'm keen to know what your running to get your stamina and magic at those levels. If I had to guess I'd say, all magic glyphs and health/magic blue food and all your points in stamina?
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... Those guys have a bad habit ganging up on lower level players. I find that behavior very... "Unsportsman" like. I've killed those guys probably a dozen times combined.... I know what the NB was doing... He was slotting his detect pot. He knew who was coming to eat his lunch.

Haha :-) you're way off... My stats are 21m 7h 21s. I'm a Breton, I have head shoulders gloves magic... Chest belt hp... Legs boots Stam. 5 piece warlock, including jewelry... 5 piece song of Lamar... Torugs pact daggers.... 2 siphon skills on the bow bar.... 3 shadow skills on the dagger bar.et me know if you have any more questions. You should not sure if you can see the other few vids I have on my channel but this isn't the only one.
    "Shadow hide you"

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and I use purple food... Cause I'm cool like that lol
    "Shadow hide you"

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting you'd post your vid because I'd been playing with my magic build some, I'd put everything into magic and managed to sit around 2700 magic with 2400 health (but this was with the Emperor buff to health). It worked way better than I though it would but I was wondering how well I'd do with do with 2500 magic and around 1700 stamina for more rolls and breaks.

I'm currently running Torugs Pact Swords (prefer the +5% damage than the crit in my magic build as I use Shadowy Disguise) as well as a good use of siphon and shadow skills for the health and magic boost passives.

I'm off topic though, I'll give more stamina a try and see how it goes.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like to maintain a lot of mobility and be super aggressive with flurry once it gets going. I like to run the full gambit of the skills I have slotted while I fight. I'd like to think of myself as really adaptive when I fight and that its my key strength.
    "Shadow hide you"

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Shadow hide you"

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is invisibility supposed to work whenever you want? Meaning, if you attack someone from the cloak, and then cloak again, how is your opponent supposed to counter that? Wouldn't that make NBs OP?
    I apologize If I am missing the point.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are actually a lot of easy, common counters to the cloak and attack fighting style... Blocking and aoes can easily run out a NB cloak if they are just spamming cloak to attack.... This thread is to post the current functionality issues with the skill... Take for instance, the effect of some direct target attacks that launch when cloak is used. The move misses, like its supposed to... But it often breaks the cloak, which it's not supposed to.
    "Shadow hide you"

• Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Use dodge roll then cloack :) with bow and haste retreat it saved my ass alot