The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Weekly Trials rewards are crazy?

Marthenil
Marthenil
✭✭✭
So, the weekly rewards just rolled in for AA and HR.
Holy Sheogorath they are VR14 Legendaries.

Did you lose your mind ZOS? :neutral_face:
If that's intended, it's one of the stupidest moves like, ever.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    About time that crafters no longer have a monopoly on legendaries
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fully agree with OP.
    It looks like everybody in the leaderboards got legendaries, not just the first 5 or 10 groups as I expected :(
    Edited by Gyudan on September 22, 2014 2:39PM
    Wololo.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭

On that much I agree. But really, for AA and Hel-RA normal mode? I know it's the weekly, but still. They might as well just hand them to you when you enter the instance.
    Instead, you hhave arena which is like 10 times harder only giving you VR13 rewards and VERY rarely 14. Nvm the quality...

Not to mention this is the slap on the face of every Hard Mode raider.
    Edited by Marthenil on September 22, 2014 2:41PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marthenil wrote: »

On that much I agree. But really, for AA and Hel-RA normal mode? I know it's the weekly, but still. They might as well just hand them to you when you enter the instance.
    Instead, you hhave arena which is like 10 times harder only giving you VR13 rewards and VERY rarely 14. Nvm the quality...

Crafting V14 legendary is not a complicated ordeal and you can even cherry pick which trait you want. I don't see why picking one up needs to be a complicated ordeal.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 22, 2014 2:46PM

• Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭

Crafting V14 legendary is not a complicated ordeal and you can even cherry pick which trait you want. I don't see why picking one up needs to be a complicated ordeal.

So you're telling me, a *** easy speed run should have the same rewards as the hard modes or the Arena (yes I know the arena is 4man but it's vastly harder than normal AA/Hel-Ra).
    Edited by Marthenil on September 22, 2014 3:01PM
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except... the reward is completely random and has more of a chance of being deconstructed, or sold to a vendor, than actually being used.

You could theoretically run trials every week until the end of time, and never get a usable piece for your build due to RNG (and BoP).

I do not agree with the premise of this thread.
    I think the weekly legendary rewards is a step in the right direction in upgrading the overall rewards system in this game, which is terrible in it's current state.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So you're telling me, a *** easy speed run should have the same rewards as the hard modes or the Arena (yes I know the arena is 4man but it's vastly harder than normal AA/Hel-Ra).

Sure if it is a once weekly reward. It would take months to construct a set of gear from weekly rewards given the RNG factor.

IMO, get over your ego trip. Lobby for better hard mode rewards, like a separate weekly with more gear, rather than trying to diminish normal mode rewards.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 22, 2014 3:25PM

• Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭

Sure if it is a once weekly reward. It would take months to construct a set of gear from weekly rewards given the RNG factor.

IMO, get over your ego trip. Lobby for better hard mode rewards, like a separate weekly with more gear, rather than trying to diminish normal mode rewards.

You know what, maybe you are right. But as it is right now, Hard modes are just harder. Nothing else to it. They drop VR13 Epics.
    Big deal.
    But still I disagree on the concept of "free" legendaries, no matter how useful they are.
    There's just no reason to compete for speed runs right now.
    If it was, say, the first 5 spots that get it, then I'd have no issue, as it would also increase competition. But now, pretty much anyone who completes a deathless run is bound to get the same reward as someone sweating their brows for that first place.
    Edited by Marthenil on September 22, 2014 3:43PM
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    Except... the reward is completely random and has more of a chance of being deconstructed, or sold to a vendor, than actually being used.

You could theoretically run trials every week until the end of time, and never get a usable piece for your build due to RNG (and BoP).

I do not agree with the premise of this thread.
    I think the weekly legendary rewards is a step in the right direction in upgrading the overall rewards system in this game, which is terrible in it's current state.

Yes and No.

I think upping the weekly rewards is a good idea, but the point of this thread is that the rewards for normal mode AA/Hel-Ra are now the same as Hardmode, and much better than the much harder Arena. This makes doing normal mode trials the only thing worth doing if you're just going for loot.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your S

You know what, maybe you are right. But as it is right now, Hard modes are just harder. Nothing else to it. They drop VR13 Epics.
    Big deal.
    But still I disagree on the concept of "free" legendaries, no matter how useful they are.
    There's just no reason to compete for speed runs right now.
    If it was, say, the first 5 spots that get it, then I'd have no issue, as it would also increase competition. But now, pretty much anyone who completes a deathless run is bound to get the same reward as someone sweating their brows for that first place.

Your so focused on making sure the peasants in normal mode don't get the same gear as you, that you are missing the bigger picture. I am fine with increasing Vet Arena rewards and HM trials rewards. I just dont see a need to reduce normal mode rewards given the rng item and rng trait. You would need tremendous luck to get what you want out of weekly rewards inside of 6 months.

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am fine with increasing Vet Arena rewards and HM trials rewards.
    Woohoo, let's just add a new gear level (Super Duper Legendary) requiring 16 materials for improvement, extremely rare tempers and items dropping from vet arena and Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode.

... or maybe nerf the weekly drops a tiny bit.
    Edited by Gyudan on September 22, 2014 5:03PM
    Wololo.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Woohoo, let's just add a new gear level (Super Duper Legendary) requiring 16 materials for improvement, extremely rare tempers and items dropping from vet arena and Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode.

I was referring to reward quantity not a new gear type.

• Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭

So everyone in the end has the same gear. Yay! Rum-err-epics for everyone!
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭

Your so focused on making sure the peasants in normal mode don't get the same gear as you, that you are missing the bigger picture.

Maybe. But see, the need to feel special is one of the major motivational forces when it comes to hardcore raiding. Take that away and then noone bothers.
    I'm not talking about myself, but guilds, other people, etc...
    Edited by Marthenil on September 22, 2014 5:46PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So everyone in the end has the same gear. Yay! Rum-err-epics for everyone!

Unlikely given that the level cap is changing every 3 months and combined with the rng factor.

Your so focused on making sure the peasants in normal mode don't get the same gear as you, that you are missing the bigger picture.

Maybe. But see, the need to feel special is one of the major motivational forces when it comes to hardcore raiding. Take that away and then noone bothers.
    I'm not talking about myself, but guilds, other people, etc...

Im sure hardcore raiders will have their optimal sets quicker than someone relying on weeklies.

Though I now understand your point of view. You don't want them having access to the same gear as you at all. Not a single piece.

• dakhon
    dakhon
    The problem as i see it,is not that you get a legendary each week,but that everyone that is on the leaderboard,even if he has a 200 min time gets one.
    It takes away the whole point of time contest.I am not sure if it works the same in pvp,does the guy with 2 million AP gets the same end reward as the guy with 100k?
    Also,i agree that loot tables need change,you have no motive to run hard modes.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    dakhon wrote: »
    The problem as i see it,is not that you get a legendary each week,but that everyone that is on the leaderboard,even if he has a 200 min time gets one.
    It takes away the whole point of time contest.I am not sure if it works the same in pvp,does the guy with 2 million AP gets the same end reward as the guy with 100k?

Until the trials are less about class stacking and broken AoE mechanics and more about actual talent then they have 0 justification for doing otherwise.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    dakhon wrote: »

Until the trials are less about class stacking and broken AoE mechanics and more about actual talent then they have 0 justification for doing otherwise.

That's just plain bovine feces.
    Even more so for the new trial.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I understand where you're coming from with this, OP. And it's pretty logical. In a timed instance, there should be some sort of system that rewards better loot for better times. Make it percentage based, make it top 10, whatever it may be, just incentivize it a bit more.

I also agree that the HM trials and the DSA loot is a joke. To drop v13 gear makes next to no sense. Esp because the groups that get to higher level rounds in DSA and those able to clear HM's are working their asses off to do so. V13 purp gear is a slap in the face to those groups, who then look at that 200 min AA time and that legendary coffer.

The gear drops should match the feat. The better you do on any of these platforms, the better the gear drop should be. It shouldn't just be blanketed yellows for all of AA clears and purps for HM/DSA. But again, keep in mind that you're asking quite a lot from a game that STILL has no HM leaderboards.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with OP. It's about time the rewards are actually worth using - assuming you even get something your class can use. None of us have yet, so we all have V14 legendary jewelry and set pieces, all bound on pickup that we won't use and can't sell. Considering this chance, I don't see how it's too much.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well you get gold items in pvp as well, if you end up in the top 2% I think it is.

for me this is ok, but in pve gold should be crafters
  • Eucken
    Eucken
    ✭✭✭
    I think the changes are great. Don't forget there will also be weekly for serpent trial, at least I would think so.

And furthermore have you seen the interest that reward sparked for the trials?

In the past you were right you only needed a 200 min. + time for the weekly, but now you need something of around 40 min. and below, which does not make it that easy to obtain.

I don't think it devalues the hard core raiding at all but brings the Trial raiding to a much broader community at least once a week

Edited by Eucken on September 29, 2014 10:09AM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eucken wrote: »
    I think the changes are great. Don't forget there will also be weekly for serpent trial, at least I would think so.

And furthermore have you seen the interest that reward sparked for the trials?

In the past you were right you only needed a 200 min. + time for the weekly, but now you need something of around 40 min. and below, which does not make it that easy to obtain.

I don't think it devalues the hard core raiding at all but brings the Trial raiding to a much broader community at least once a week

I agree wholeheartedly with this, the thing is before today I would have seen it differently - last week when no one knew what the rewards were there were leaderboard times at like 130 minutes. Last I checked now it was ~40 something which means it's still a proper challenge and no random PUG with bad players can just walk in and get legendaries.

Very nice job on itemization for once, and clearly it sparked more interest for trials as I literally get bombarded when asking for DDs in /zone lol.
  • rashkosh127ub17_ESO
    Some people seem to be under the impression that just because you have to obtain a few mats and put three points into the crafting skill line in order to upgrade your gear, that it is actually crafting. Everyone (and I mean just about everyone) upgrades their own gear, so who cares if it drops legendary already and saves some people the trouble of spending money on something that deserves legendary quality to begin with.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    Some people seem to be under the impression that just because you have to obtain a few mats and put three points into the crafting skill line in order to upgrade your gear, that it is actually crafting. Everyone (and I mean just about everyone) upgrades their own gear, so who cares if it drops legendary already and saves some people the trouble of spending money on something that deserves legendary quality to begin with.

The issue is this: You bust your proverbial rear to do Hel-Ra hardmode.
    Well, suck it up, crappy loot.

You do Hel-Ra normal while it's weekly in a non sucky time, it starts raining loot.

What the heck.

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The issue is this: You bust your proverbial rear to do Hel-Ra hardmode.
    Well, suck it up, crappy loot.

Don't forget, crapy loot AND no achievement. We are still waiting for an answer from ZOS on that subject after most of our party submitted a ticket.
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you two want others to get less to feel superior to them? There is a word for this kind of attitude...

nice signature you got there: "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. - Tyler Durden" maybe think about it, dont just use it
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    G0ku wrote: »
    So you two want others to get less to feel superior to them? There is a word for this kind of attitude...

nice signature you got there: "You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. - Tyler Durden" maybe think about it, dont just use it

This has nothing to do with others and everything to do with inconsistent difficulty VS reward
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let the AA weekly keep their legendary coffers. I don't really see a problem with that when the weeklys have been fairly high. Probably 30 min and faster since the leaderboard resets. Just match hard modes to the same. And DSA should probably be a scaling thing so people can't just go in and farm yellows from first wave.

JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If not yellows- atleast v14 purples come onnnn now