Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Huge Spoilers) something to ask bout mannimarco

Pees_In_Your_Mead
so you kill mannimarco in the story and he go's to coldharbor forever how did he get out? he is the final boss of the mages guild in oblivion so how is he there 900 years later? Did he get out did he make a new deal with molag bal im kinda confused.
Edited by Pees_In_Your_Mead on September 22, 2014 1:04PM
Pees-In-Your-Mead awesome lizard better stealth fighter
Proud owner of every pet in eso
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭
    Because I let him go... :neutral_face: Felt bad for the little guy.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I let him go too. So my bad
  • Pees_In_Your_Mead

XD
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's never explained how he gets out (that I recall anyway). But to be fair... while Coldharbor is reputed to be secure, a large number of people seem to be able to come and go as they please.
  • Pees_In_Your_Mead
    True True most of the story we jump in and out and it seems easy.
  • Mondo
    Mondo
    ✭✭✭✭
    He only did what Molag Bal would do... he tried to betray him and become stronger.

2 Options:
    1. Molag hase use for him again well aware what will happen
    2. Some other Deadra has use for him and help him out
    3. Cheese for everyone
    Im not the Hero you need, im the Troll you deserve!
    - Survived the WoW Pre LK Rogue Forum "Come at me Bro" -

L2P = Accept that DK is OP and stop complaining
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there some information in this game about the blue liquid that is rampant in Coldharbor? Something about how people/daedra don't ever die in Coldharbor, they just perish, then slowly reform out of the blue liquid. As such, Mannimarco could reform over time, and be available to be killed over and over again in the future.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he just did what everybody else does... he just walked up to a wayshrine and >poof!<
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he also appears as one of the main players in Daggerfall's main story line where, depending on the player's choices, he may or may not ascend to god-hood. Divine or not, by the time of Daggerfall he has become a lich. There has been speculation that the Mannimarco you face in Oblivion is not the 'real' Mannimarco, but just a necromancer looking to increase his power and influence by assuming his name.

At any rate, I would assume that even if the player character in ESO doesn't choose to free Mannimarco at the end of the main quest (I didn't), he manages to escape Coldharbour after Molag Bal is defeated, and his power severely weakened, at the end of ESO's main quest.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has been speculation that the Mannimarco you face in Oblivion is not the 'real' Mannimarco, but just a necromancer looking to increase his power and influence by assuming his name.

Someone said to me that the events in Daggerfall meant he both ascended and didn't ascend into godhood (I'm guessing it involves timetravel). Meaning he is both a god and the Lich you vanquish in Oblivion.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Pees_In_Your_Mead
    so ether he is a god not the real mannimarco a lich got out some how or cheese for everyone hmmm
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    The infamous Dragon Break. Yes, Bethesda invented the Dragon Break after Daggerfall to explain away the wildly different outcomes possible at the end of Daggerfall's main quest. Essentially they decided that no matter what the individual player chose at the end of Daggerfall, all of the possible outcomes came to pass.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been speculation that the Mannimarco you face in Oblivion is not the 'real' Mannimarco, but just a necromancer looking to increase his power and influence by assuming his name.
    Certainly an argument to be made in favor of this thesis.

Others have attempted to "correct" the Mannimarco in Oblivion by modding him to look like a lich as he should be. (http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/14200/?)
  • Pees_In_Your_Mead
    holy crap that looks awesome too bad I only got oblivion on xbox
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so you kill mannimarco in the story and he go's to coldharbor forever how did he get out? he is the final boss of the mages guild in oblivion so how is he there 900 years later?

You don't kill him in Sancre Tor. In fact, later on you can let him go free if you want.

Edited by Nestor on September 22, 2014 2:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FreedomDude
    FreedomDude
    ✭✭✭

I let him go so I could kill him again, but he teleported away... Then I was like f**k it, free everyone... Or kill them, matters not to me.
    Edited by FreedomDude on September 22, 2014 3:39PM