Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Error 500 on Account Page

bjenkins2429_ESO
bjenkins2429_ESO
Soul Shriven
I can't seem to get onto my Account page on account.elderscrollsonline.com/. Every time I try it gives me an Error 500. I played in the beta so I have accessed this page before. I have also tried every workaround I could find regarding this error with no success.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bjenkins2429_ESO,

The "500 Internal Service Error" normally occurs when either the web site or the internet provider's server has a non-specific issue.

As you said, you should have already tried the following methods to correct the 500 error:
    • Reload the web page either by clicking refresh/reload button, pressing F5, or trying the URL again from the address bar.
    • Use a different browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
    • Temporarily turn off your anti-virus, ad/pop-up blockers, and firewalls. Make sure to turn them back on after the process.
    • Clear web browser’s cache, cookies, history, temporary files, form data, and active filters.

Once complete restart your browser and try again.

If the above steps do not resolve the error, we recommend contacting our dedicated Customer Support team.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • bjenkins2429_ESO
    bjenkins2429_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hello @bjenkins2429_ESO,

The "500 Internal Service Error" normally occurs when either the web site or the internet provider's server has a non-specific issue.

As you said, you should have already tried the following methods to correct the 500 error:
    • Reload the web page either by clicking refresh/reload button, pressing F5, or trying the URL again from the address bar.
    • Use a different browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
    • Temporarily turn off your anti-virus, ad/pop-up blockers, and firewalls. Make sure to turn them back on after the process.
    • Clear web browser’s cache, cookies, history, temporary files, form data, and active filters.

Once complete restart your browser and try again.

If the above steps do not resolve the error, we recommend contacting our dedicated Customer Support team.

I have already tried these things as I stated in my post. I just created a new account on an alternate email and was able to log in fine, so the issue is specifically with my main account. I have also been waiting 5 hours for a call from customer support and have not been contacted yet. Any help in the meantime would be appreciated.
  • Synesi
    Synesi
    ✭✭
    Hey, this probably doesn't help at all but I am in the exact same boat as you. I really think it has to do with accounts from beta having some new issue. I tried their laundry list of stuff with my old beta account (and my wife's old beta account) and none of it works, but creating new accounts work fine. I even tried using my cellphone without wifi (so 3G only) to do it but got the same error 500. It's so weird because I logged in like a week ago to see if I could download the client and it worked, but as soon as I get my boxed copy in the mail it just kicks the bucket.
    I submitted a ticket for a phone call from customer support about 13 hours ago and haven't gotten anything. However, I did (after waiting a few hours and realizing I wasn't getting a phone call) submit an email ticket, and they responded to me fairly fast, and the person actually read my email which was nice. So I'd try that. My person offered to enter my cd keys for me but I'd like to try to troubleshoot the problem first because if my account page doesn't work, I'm a little worried about how the game will work with that account. But I want my freakin pet monkey! B)
    Anyways good luck!
  • Synesi
    Synesi
    ✭✭
    Yet another reason why I think our accounts have been broken:
    Looks like they did some service on the account pages on Sept. 18th. (https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320) I was able to log in a few days before then, no problems.
  • Synesi
    Synesi
    ✭✭
    Woo! It's fixed!
    Yesterday afternoon I got the call back from my phone support ticket. At first we went through the whole "maybe it's this, maybe it's that, maybe try port forwarding" stuff. Then the person put me on hold and talked to someone else, and apparently the issue is easily resolved by having someone in customer support enter your keys, and then suddenly your account page starts working. It sounded dicey but I decided to go with it and as soon as he entered my game key, I was able to log into my account page (and add my explorer's pack!). And then I played all night. So yeah, submit a phone ticket, be patient, be prepared to run down your list of reasons why it's definitely not something on your end, and you'll get it fixed. Good luck!