The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

How does testing work?

reften
reften
✭✭✭✭✭
ok, help me understand something.

We have a PTS. Lots of players play updates/patches whatever before those patches go live.

The Nightblade stealth thing is unbearable. It is by far the worst I have ever seen. Dark Cloak does absolutely nothing unless you're already stealthed and want to remain stealthed.

Did nobody notice this on PTS? Or...was it noticed, reported...and Zos pushed it live anyway?

Man, I rarely complain, love ESO, but , I actually took the damn skill off my active bar now it's so useless where before it was a critical skill...

Edited by reften on September 20, 2014 2:35AM
Reften
Bosmer (Wood Elf)
Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    It didnt seem to appear on the pts from what I saw. But yes lots of bugs that get reported here still make it into live.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They didn´t put 1.4.3 on the PTS.. so no testing possible for the guys who playing there.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Testing is usually conducted in a manner that is exactly the opposite of what we have seen lately.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    They didn´t put 1.4.3 on the PTS.. so no testing possible for the guys who playing there.

I read somewhere on the forums that they didn't test the patch that actually went live. They had us test a different version and inexplicably pushed the current, untested, version through. Total incompetence.

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've done this before, don't know why they keep opting for this course of action when it only introduces more issues that they have to backtrack and fix. x.x
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »

I read somewhere on the forums that they didn't test the patch that actually went live. They had us test a different version and inexplicably pushed the current, untested, version through. Total incompetence.

No facts to support this.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 1.4.4 is live but not on PTS, why ?

@ZOS, why do we need the PTS currently? to test on older builds?

o57k9l4i37b.jpg
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Prokonto
    Prokonto
    ✭✭✭
    Update 1.4.4 is live but not on PTS, why ?

@ZOS, why do we need the PTS currently? to test on older builds?

o57k9l4i37b.jpg

this^^
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    They don't have QA team.
    Edited by Crowzer on September 23, 2014 11:42AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowzer wrote: »
    They don't have QA team.

They do have a QA team. If you want their names, at least at the time of launch, you can check the credits.

I know you did not mean what you said literally. You were making a statement on the effectiveness of the QA team. However, it provided me an opportunity to bring up the credits as proof that they do exist.

Edited by Elsonso on September 23, 2014 12:12PM
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

What do you mean "No facts to support this"? How about the fact that PTS was updated to the same build as the live servers TODAY? How about the fact that 1.4.2 was the last build update four was tested as on PTS, and then launched as update 1.4.3 on live with several changes not included in 1.4.2 such as the attempted Nightblade fixes that went over so well? Compare the patch notes for 1.4.2 PTS and 1.4.3 and see that there is quite a difference. There are several changes that are in 1.4.3 that are in NONE of the 1.4.X PTS builds. Update 3 went the same way.

nerfed.gg/eso

I LOVE ESO, and want to see it succeed. But having blind loyalty to ZOS dose them and the game no favors.
    Edited by sean.plackerb14_ESO on September 23, 2014 5:35PM
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean "No facts to support this"? How about the fact that PTS was updated to the same build as the live servers TODAY? How about the fact that 1.4.2 was the last build update four was tested as on PTS, and then launched as update 1.4.3 on live with several changes not included in 1.4.2 such as the attempted Nightblade fixes that went over so well? Compare the patch notes for 1.4.2 PTS and 1.4.3 and see that there is quite a difference. There are several changes that are in 1.4.3 that are in NONE of the 1.4.X PTS builds. Update 3 went the same way.

I LOVE ESO, and want to see it succeed. But having blind loyalty to ZOS dose them and the game no favors.

What I mean is that there are no facts to support the idea that they released 1.4.3 without testing it.

They did not put 1.4.3 on PTS, and that much is true, but that is a far different thing than saying "they didn't test the patch that actually went live". PTS is for play testing, not Quality Assurance.

They have a QA department and I am sure they used it to test 1.4.3 before it went live. I am sure they used it to test 1.4.4 before it went live, too. They would have to be fools to do otherwise, and I do not think they are fools.

No blind loyalty here. There are some specific things that I believe that they should be doing differently. I am not their project manager and I am not in charge of their quality. I have contributed a few ideas from time to time, but they are ultimately responsible for finding a quality process that works, not me.

That does not mean that I will always sit by and let people say things that I think are blatantly false.

• glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Copy/install a damage meter addon and stats addon. Do a quick round of regression testing with what you normally play as on Live & PTS and use the addons to check the numbers.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/133272/9-23-14-pts-maintenance

Current version on PTS is 1.4.4.1055250 at the time this was edited.
    Edited by glak on September 24, 2014 11:00PM