Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Thornblade NA = Dead

russb7b14_ESO
russb7b14_ESO
✭✭
**I am not blaming anyone below. Play how you like, when you like! Just stating the obvious.**

Stick a fork in it already! Who from North American time zone is going to want to play here anymore with the overwhelming late night and daytime presence of AD?

Locked pop vs 1 bar is demoralizing and will lead to more and more people quitting or moving to a different campaign.

I wish there were only 2 campaigns, 1 non-vet, 1 vet or some type of population balance for current servers.

The best times for me in pvp have been when Wabbajack was always triple pop locked and the scores were all close. The first half of Thornblade 1.0 was also much like this, but it was a handful of guilds that played almost around the clock that kept it close for the non-ad factions.

Vokundein
Vada - Oathsworn of Vokundein
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have to make the population cap dynamic or its going to die. If DC has 1 bar AD should lock at 2 tops. Its that or make a campaign that locks from such and such time which I know nobody wants.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in this morning to 20+ AD camping the EP south gate. AD owns everything (except Warden I think).

Looking forward to the AD folks bragging on their great victory. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's what we're all saying. Lots of reds on thorn came to chill where they've been doing the exact same thing. Nothing to be done about it unless oceanic/daytime players get their own server (not going to happen) or actually decide to play one another.

rip decibel
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Between EP and DC, we successfully pushed 11 keeps last night against AD.

We only lost three of them by the time I went to bed, even locked population against 2 Bars EP/1 Bar DC.

When I wake up this morning and check, it's completely gone. All the work down the tubes and complete reset to yellow. They even took Dragonclaw. Why? Because screw us, that's why.

And the yellow guilds smugly proclaim their awesomeness and farm away as we just try to achieve home keep bonus once again.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WE DID IT
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this our Congrats Thornblade AD Victory thread already? Everyone moved servers is all except for some of the AD that didn't want to.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I am a bit more forgiving and understanding of the overnight AD crew who convert the entire map to yellow. They are paying customers and they have every right to play the game as intended and as expected - take keeps and scrolls while securing the Ruby Throne.

That being said, it is incredibly bad sportsmanship to camp an enemy's base camp gate to prevent them from even entering the game.

I honestly don't know what the solution to this problem is but ZOS needs to implement one and quick. Maybe they need to implement some sort of population locks. Maybe they need to radically boost (like 5x or even a 10x boost) the AP and gold rewards for factions that confront a solid enemy map and massive population imbalances. Maybe they need to reduce the number of guards and the strength of walls of keeps due to a "spread too thin" philosophy.

If the AD crew doesn't want to fix the problem by moving some of their players to other factions, then ZOS will need to do something (and not tinker with the campaign scoring system like they just did with Haderus on the PTS).
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of those 12 hour a day pvp'ers. I log in at 8am and join PUGs till my guild's events happen in the evening. With that said, I see a lot of what's going on in Thornblade.

I wanted to try and stay with Thorn. I really did. I had a lot of hope, but it's dwindling fast. My players can't even get through gates anymore without being ambushed and morale is very low. To have the only 30day campaign ruled over like this is getting tiring.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what is so fun about PvDooring. Get a large zerg. Attack an empty keep. Fight off a few NPCs. Kill 0 players. Take keep. Get 500 AP. Repeat for all other keeps on map while rest of the population sleeps.

The most fun times in PvP are when all three populations are locked. There are usually 3 massive battles underway with pugs, and a few guilds strategically sneak behind enemy lines and try to disrupt the balance. This is PVP. This is fun.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see what is so fun about PvDooring. Get a large zerg. Attack an empty keep. Fight off a few NPCs. Kill 0 players. Take keep. Get 500 AP. Repeat for all other keeps on map while rest of the population sleeps.

The most fun times in PvP are when all three populations are locked. There are usually 3 massive battles underway with pugs, and a few guilds strategically sneak behind enemy lines and try to disrupt the balance. This is PVP. This is fun.

500 AP? That's only if you have the quest. More like 120 for an empty keep.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know why a lot of people left Thornblade. It was the top server when it opened then half way through a bunch of EP left, then DC then Ad took over. chillrend is now the top server and I do not know why.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know why a lot of people left Thornblade. It was the top server when it opened then half way through a bunch of EP left, then DC then Ad took over. chillrend is now the top server and I do not know why.

because reasons
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead? I've been playing there for a little over a week now and it's been full with people anytime from 8PM - 2AM EST.... like... major battles happening.

My only concern is WTF is wrong with EP... everytime I check all 3 sides are full, but seems like we always got outnumbered... There are 2 full raids of red last night defending keeps over keeps yet we kept getting steamrolled by the bazillion yellows keep after keeps... :neutral_face:
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was on til 5 am Pacific time with just a handful of other EP and AD had a full zerg going. Two bars on AD to one each for EP and DC. We tried defending against them at Kings, but they would just come back with larger groups when we wiped them til we couldn't hold them back anymore.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some people are saying a lot of aussies/oceania players are on AD....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    The only way this will ever be fixed is if they can somehow make sure there are fair numbers from all sides at all times. If EP or DC had a massive oceanic presence, they would be doing the same thing at night.

From an EP point of view however, I logged in last night, saw the map and switched my home campaign, as it seemed there was no point any longer in even trying to PvP in Thornblade.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not waiting 30 days for a new campaign
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to use the campaign to grab easy ecouting mission from then return to your normal campaign and so on easy ap and good way to past time between fights elsewhere.

Edit: This is more a suggestion for people needing an easy if not a bit slow way to change campaigns and lack ap, it beats waiting 30 days and takes about an 1 hour to an hour and a half.

Edited by RedTalon on September 4, 2014 8:47PM
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just put in a dynamic cap on population. If a realm have 20% more online on a server than any of the others the server get blocked for more to enter.

And then they should stop this home server / guest server nonsense. All servers should be open to anyone at any time just as long as any single realm cannot pass that 20% cap over the others.

The result would be that late nighters and ausies will have to go to servers with other people who play at their hours to be able to enter Cyrodiil.

And if all servers are locked they will have to make characters in another realm and thus over time population will balance out.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Be sure to use the campaign to grab easy ecouting mission from then return to your normal campaign and so on easy ap and good way to past time between fights elsewhere.

You know no one does that anymore right?

It is literally one of the slowest AP generators out there.

Even though ive seen you post about it before, youre on this campaign to point out the people who did it five months ago... its dead jim.
    Edited by Rylana on September 4, 2014 7:55PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    [...]

You wouldn't happen to be bothered to explain how exactly did "AD guilds" ruin thornblade?

[Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 9, 2014 7:11PM
  • purgation
    purgation
    ✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to be bothered to explain how exactly did "AD guilds" ruin thornblade?

I probably shouldn't speak for someone else, but the decision of all of APAC to join one faction and pile on one server makes it unfun (technically, not a guild per se)

Having the server reset to all yellow every night while I sleep is neither competitive nor fun. EP and DC "were" competitive in NA prime-time, but it made no difference, so everyone left.

/shrug.

• Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    purgation wrote: »
    EP and DC "were" competitive in NA prime-time, but it made no difference, so everyone left.

No quite everyone. Vokundein stuck it out as the other EP guilds went to Chillrend. But, toward the last half of the campaign we seemed to be the only organized EP group running most nights we raided.

It's now gotten to the point that I'm finding it hard to convince our members that staying on Thornblade makes sense.

That's too bad, but the overnight (and now primetime) population imbalance makes it tough - especially for the PvE folks who rely on the buffs to run competitive "end game" content.

:(
    Edited by Talcyndl on September 4, 2014 11:03PM
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    12 hr daily campaign's there open 12 hrs then closed if you have all day to play good for you
    then join a second 12hr daily campaign

simple
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm leaving Thornblade and heading to Chillrend.

You guys can take back the map now.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how one apple thinks they're the whole orchard.;)
    Edited by Tintinabula on September 5, 2014 1:50AM
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A buddy of mine who homes on TB tells me EP's pounding the bananas into pudding....so...action?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thornblade NA?...no,,theres a small time window where we hit two bar pop and we mow through them but generally they own everything.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EP crowned an Emperor on Thornblade a few minutes ago.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow...lets see how long it lasts. I have a theory on an AD run campaign. They will treat the map the way they treat arrius mine when they camp it.