Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

Should I buy ESO?

• Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    Badh0rse wrote: »
    Tricky question. I bought the 100 dollar version of the game and was pleased at first. The core of the game is amazing but there is just so much bad that it eventually out weighs the good. PvP runs about as well as a cold dog turd and in order to be the best at the role you choose you are forced into stupid builds. ie: As a tank you need light armor and a staff to be on top ... STUPID! There are no raids only trials and I couldn't even level up running dungeons .. you only got the reward once. I was forced to do hundreds of quests ... it was terrible.
    I finally got to vet rank and could start doing vet dungeons ... was so so happy. Then I did the handful that were there and realized I was sooo bored. I would be happy doing PvP all the time waiting for more content but it is so broken I can't .. I just gave up and eventually unsubbed.

Here is the thing though ... I am not upset I bought the game. Maybe in a year this game will be amazing and I'll be all set to roll out in the new improved ESO. Based on there decisions so far I am guessing that it will fail though. So if you like to gamble def buy it! I am holding on to the tiniest hope that they pull their head out their butt and fix this game.

Guessing by this questing is a thing you dislike? Please do not take this a bad way but why did you buy this MMO if you dislike questing? I actually found questing in ESO refreshing, compared to other titles I have played. What has gotten to me so far is many of the quality of life issues you mentioned. Including as example the thing you said about tank builds. Another issue, for me is this darn virus infected website ZOS uses. I have to go full security to not be plagued by add pop ups and having my virus app yelling at me every second, which detriments the site, makes it so I cant use the options at the top of a comment creation. [the stuff under "Leave a comment"] and is generally a nuisance. Why does ZOS or whoever is running this site, not sort that out?

Yes, I dislike questing. No, that does not mean I should not play an MMO. There are many things to do in a MMO other than quests, this game just forces you into it. Granted it is the best questing experience I have had in any mmo I have played but it is still just questing. I am a dungeon/raid/pvp kinda guy and if a mmo can't satisfy someone who likes those things then why make an MMO? Just make another single player TES instead of this half way in between mess. I would have rather played that! Quests and dialogue are great in single player .... I play my mmo to ... I don't know ... GROUP up and play content with others. As is if you take away the sub fee and barely working group mechanics then you have a D list single player game.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a personal choice, for me it was a no brainer, I enjoy the single player Elder Scrolls games and I have played mmo's for more than 10 years, the combination of the the two for me was a win win.

The game is not perfect, but it is still a noob game on the market, it is going though growing pains, balance pains, all the things every other mmo has gone through.

For me ESO brings a lot to the table and offers depth to my game play that other cookie cutter theme's parks have not had for a long time, ESO breaks that cookie mold a bit and gives us something a bit different without being completely alien to the player.
    But again depends on what you are looking for in a game.
    Options
  • vlaskov1tz
    vlaskov1tz
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    I believe TESO is currently the best MMO on the market, bugs and all. It is definitely worth the price of the box + one month sub. After that, you will be able to form own opinion.

Wrong. WoW is the current KING of MMOs, nothing changed here. But ESO is decent, worth every cent. And there are loads of exciting changes coming.
    Options
  • Mousmoula
    Mousmoula
    I'd say buy the game and immediately stop visiting the forum. Trust me.
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, just got a new PC today, so I am now able to run stuff like ESO really good etc.

Question is, what do you guys, the community think about ESO?
    Is it worth the purchase? If so, why.

If not, why.

Let me know!
    I've been looking a bit up and seen so much hate against this game, because of bugs, exploits etc, so I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice about purchasing this game.

Thanks!

Well, we wouldn't be here if we didn't like it enough to keep spending $15/month on it, now would we? So what do you think our answer is going to be?
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is a great game that is only going to get better.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2300+
    Options
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you can see there are quite few moaning bout everything regarding this game but you should really give it a try, it is far from polished state and devs are shaping it up all the time but already majority of us absolutely love it and having a ball here.
    It depends if you prefer arcade type of MMO with race to max level with simple generic quests like 'go and kill 20 boars' or you're fond of immersive with deep lore taking your time by listening to dialogs, admiring absolutely beautiful graphics which are light years ahead of rest MMO'S and discovering innovative approach to growing your character.
    If you feel like belonging to latter you will feel like home here :)
    Options
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Drakoleon wrote: »
    You wouldn't be able to post here if didn't own the game therefor correct the title pls.......

People who had a beta account can post here without having bought the game.

I have beta account too Last month i didnt renew my sub and i couldnt post in forum...
    Options