The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner: Dragonknight Reaver"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for "Battlemaster's Corner: Dragonknight Reaver." Check out this formidable Dragonknight build, submitted by Xsorus. If you'd like to be featured in a future Battlemaster's Corner, submit your own build to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me likey. Bow and S/S are my favourite weapons.
    Btw, not tried either morph yet, but I'd have thought Absorb Magic would be preferable to Defensive Stance's reflect+stun. Free heal? Yes please. I can see the validity of both though. And regardless, the lack of the huge winged 'tell' is a definite bonus, on top of the passives.
    Edited by MorHawk on September 2, 2014 5:48PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »
    Me likey. Bow and S/S are my favourite weapons.
    Btw, not tried either morph yet, but I'd have thought Absorb Magic would be preferable to Defensive Stance's reflect+stun. Free heal? Yes please. I can see the validity of both though. And regardless, the lack of the huge winged 'tell' is a definite bonus, on top of the passives.

I've tried Absorb Magic, and there is benefits for both. Defensive Stance reflect and Stun though can open up Flame lashes exploit which means you Extra Damage from the Reflect/a Stun which stops damage to you usually/and More damage from Flame Lashes exploit + its heal which is about half of Absorb Magic Heal.

Also if you're running away, spamming defensive stance will save you a lot of times because its stunning the people chasing ya.

Also i should note, I've switched over to Shifting Standard over Standard of Might.

I'm finding it to be incredibly useful because most of the time people just move out of my SoM at the start of the fight anyway, and being able to drop it again for extra damage is pretty nice.
    Edited by Xsorus on September 2, 2014 6:23PM
  • Dorn1976
    Dorn1976
    Soul Shriven
    Looks like we got a BAMF over here nice build!
  • joetpelusob14_ESO
    Stam builds ftw! He sure owned FS and I in the intro. Man I just can't get over how good this build is. I'm pretty sure you just changed meta in ESO. Way to Go!!!

Oh yea...1.2.6 where this guy would knock you into 4FPS or under the world with 1 bow shot....nvm

-Permared (NA)

• sbanned_530978
    sbanned_530978
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its the best idea showcasing player builds back from patch 1.2.6, july? (more current would held the game) Well showing more people stamina/duel builds helps the farm I guess ^.^
    Edited by sbanned_530978 on September 3, 2014 12:13AM
  • MarRyb
    MarRyb
    ✭✭
    There are no viable stamina builds anyway.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam builds ftw! He sure owned FS and I in the intro. Man I just can't get over how good this build is. I'm pretty sure you just changed meta in ESO. Way to Go!!!

Oh yea...1.2.6 where this guy would knock you into 4FPS or under the world with 1 bow shot....nvm

-Permared (NA)

lol... first like 4 fights are like 1.2.6 then its 1.3.3 after that..

also 4fps or under the world? Did my Bow shots really do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQwXfOsKec

That's my 5th video.
    Edited by Xsorus on September 3, 2014 1:34AM
  • Pantherin
    Pantherin
    ✭✭✭
    Now someone show me a NB that is just as effective as that...O wait you can't.

That is right, there is a serious balance issue, give a person the right tools and they will be unkillable.

I will not deny, that he / she demonstrated skills...but when you give him or her all the tools to be unstoppable; that is what they will be.

Serious balance issues.

They are playing on the system they are given, I can't blame them,

I blame the developers and their slow, lackadaisical methods of correcting what they themselves admitted was broken.
    Legends of Tamriel

US Army Retired - (1990-2017)
    Combat Veteran
    Martial Artist - (1990-Present)
  • Ruebs
    Ruebs
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly, NICE build, and great vid! You tare new a##holes! =)

I noticed however you weren't hitting very hard with your bow... Have you stacked Weapon Damage? I also saw no mention of the Molten Weapons skill in your load-out, (but did see you use it in the video). OP skill.

I use the Hunding's Rage x5, Twin Sisters x3 and Two Fanged Snake sets, along with Igneous Wep's for 211 Bow Weapon Damage. Also, I'd advise slotting Flawless Dawnbreaker for the %13 damage increase.

@ 211 Wpn Dmg- 2100 Stamina with The Shadow Boon, I hit:
    Light attacks- 600* crits
    Venom Arrow- 550* crits
    Lethal Arrow- Anywhere between 1400-2000* crits (from stealth)
    [Rough Averages]

=)
    Edited by Ruebs on September 3, 2014 5:01AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruebs wrote: »
    Firstly, NICE build, and great vid! You tare new a##holes! =)

I noticed however you weren't hitting very hard with your bow... Have you stacked Weapon Damage? I also saw no mention of the Molten Weapons skill in your load-out, (but did see you use it in the video). OP skill.

I use the Hunding's Rage x5, Twin Sisters x3 and Two Fanged Snake sets, along with Igneous Wep's for 211 Bow Weapon Damage. Also, I'd advise slotting Flawless Dawnbreaker for the %13 damage increase.

@ 211 Wpn Dmg- 2100 Stamina with The Shadow Boon, I hit:
    Light attacks- 600* crits
    Venom Arrow- 550* crits
    Lethal Arrow- Anywhere between 1400-2000* crits (from stealth)
    [Rough Averages]

=)

Igneous Weapons is sometimes taking the slot of certain skills. Weapon damage usually I just leave at around softcap, and I do run Flawless Dawnbreaker on my bow bar.

1400ish is about what I hit for on most people with Lethal Arrow. I've never hit for 2000ish.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pantherin wrote: »

That is right, there is a serious balance issue, give a person the right tools and they will be unkillable.

I will not deny, that he / she demonstrated skills...but when you give him or her all the tools to be unstoppable; that is what they will be.

Serious balance issues.

I blame the developers and their slow, lackadaisical methods of correcting what they themselves admitted was broken.

Nightblades are actually probably a bit better with my setup then i am on the DK to be honest. Esp in a group..... You don't know how useful an incredibly cheap healing debuff is it to use on the enemy. In fact i'm actually working on a new build right now that abuses the Disease Mechanic in this game. Its 2 handed Axe Magicka DK (Still trying to figure out the second weapon) using a specific set to basically apply massive Healing Debuffs.

• Pantherin
    Pantherin
    ✭✭✭

Serious balance issues.

Nightblades are actually probably a bit better with my setup then i am on the DK to be honest. Esp in a group..... You don't know how useful an incredibly cheap healing debuff is it to use on the enemy. In fact i'm actually working on a new build right now that abuses the Disease Mechanic in this game. Its 2 handed Axe Magicka DK (Still trying to figure out the second weapon) using a specific set to basically apply massive Healing Debuffs.

I never said they were not effective...but they are certainly not equal by any means.

I have yet to see a NB wreck people like I have seen certain classes wreak multiple people...and even with multiple people on him/her.

Replace your class and mechanics with a NB, and I guarantee the results would not be the same.

I play a NB as my main, and I sit in stealth picking people off with my bow...so I know what synergy they bring to the battle.

I also know that it is practically impossible to drop certain people up close or at a distance...I have seen it, and experienced it myself...there has to be be a balance...there clearly is not.

If anyone...out there can show me any different, I will stop talking and go LTP...I have yet to see it.

Once again, I do not blame you, it is a design flaw in the combat and class systems....

You continue to do what you do...
    Legends of Tamriel

US Army Retired - (1990-2017)
    Combat Veteran
    Martial Artist - (1990-Present)
  • Tairen
    Tairen
    Soul Shriven
    Would you please tell me which addon you are using that displays "Stunned", "Confused", etc?
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭

Serious balance issues.

I never said they were not effective...but they are certainly not equal by any means.

I have yet to see a NB wreck people like I have seen certain classes wreak multiple people...and even with multiple people on him/her.

Replace your class and mechanics with a NB, and I guarantee the results would not be the same.

I play a NB as my main, and I sit in stealth picking people off with my bow...so I know what synergy they bring to the battle.

I also know that it is practically impossible to drop certain people up close or at a distance...I have seen it, and experienced it myself...there has to be be a balance...there clearly is not.

If anyone...out there can show me any different, I will stop talking and go LTP...I have yet to see it.

Once again, I do not blame you, it is a design flaw in the combat and class systems....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB9npsyq0dg&list=UUdXnxYWeey2qbQ2K8Y8Lt6A&index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtHeCswmSA8&list=UUdXnxYWeey2qbQ2K8Y8Lt6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_iEu46bMyw&list=UUdXnxYWeey2qbQ2K8Y8Lt6A&index=8
    Edited by Brizz on September 3, 2014 1:49PM
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is literally the first Battle-Master's Corner that displayed an honest and truly functional set up that wasn't a blatant lie or a favored devs class.

Color me impressed for now.

About them Templars though.....
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • james_vestbergb16_ESO
    I love that you included the fact that both Def.posture and Ref.scales "drain" magicka :)

That was a reference to the current bug right? If so I wonder if they would have let you state that it was a bug or if they would have edited it.

Even so, the fact they still post what you said baffles me. Are they really just ignoring the bug? Still not even a: " We are aware", Lovely costumer service....
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tairen wrote: »
    Would you please tell me which addon you are using that displays "Stunned", "Confused", etc?

Combat Cloud
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that you included the fact that both Def.posture and Ref.scales "drain" magicka :)

That was a reference to the current bug right? If so I wonder if they would have let you state that it was a bug or if they would have edited it.

Even so, the fact they still post what you said baffles me. Are they really just ignoring the bug? Still not even a: " We are aware", Lovely costumer service....

They probably know about it... its probably on their list of things they have to fix as well, However I'm of the opinion things like Reflective Scale might be a bit overpowered if they fixed that bug. I wouldn't mind it being fixed on Defensive Posture though.
  • jaebdub
    jaebdub
    ✭✭✭

Serious balance issues.

I promise you that Nightblades are more effective than you make them out to be. Not only in 1v1, 1vX circumstances either. They bring incredible support to a group. Sap essence heals everyone in group and deals damage, veil provides great dps and damage reduction. Siphoning Attacking lets you keep going when all the others have used their resources up. Do not underestimate a Nightblade. You will hate it so much if they buff us. Azoi on DC is a great example of how powerful and disruptive NBs can be. Krim on AD is another.

Jagermeister - v14 NB
    Alacrity
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a ton for the Camouflaged Hunter tip. Can't wait to try it on my Bow/Dual Wield Templar. :smiley:
  • Shaloran
    Shaloran
    ✭✭
    It's good to see when people don't follow the Meta of staves and robes. Great build, it shows that mellee/bows can also be viable. Remember guys ESO offers limitless character builds and further updates will allow you to customize your character even further! Don't be afraid to try new things and experiment while the devs work out the balancing issue.
  • james_vestbergb16_ESO

They probably know about it... its probably on their list of things they have to fix as well, However I'm of the opinion things like Reflective Scale might be a bit overpowered if they fixed that bug. I wouldn't mind it being fixed on Defensive Posture though.

May I ask why you feel it might be overpowered? I seem to recall that you didnt always feel that way, or am I wrong?

Personally I don't see it. There's so many ways to go around it, seeing as it is highly visible, costs a fair amount and only lasts 4 sec. Melee, change target, non projectile spell. I mean when templars drop Blazing shield I don't expect them to lose resources If I start attacking them, I usually just switch target for the duration. in a 1on1, use a different spell, attack, surely one does not have solely projectile attacks on 2 bars?

However I understand ppl complaining about the spell reflecting attacks it should not reflect, obviously this is part of the skill beeing bugged and shouldn't really be included in ones assesment of the spell at all. If the skill were to be fixed I would expect these things to be fixed aswell making the skill definately only reflect projectile spells.

What's your thoughts?
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

May I ask why you feel it might be overpowered? I seem to recall that you didnt always feel that way, or am I wrong?

Personally I don't see it. There's so many ways to go around it, seeing as it is highly visible, costs a fair amount and only lasts 4 sec. Melee, change target, non projectile spell. I mean when templars drop Blazing shield I don't expect them to lose resources If I start attacking them, I usually just switch target for the duration. in a 1on1, use a different spell, attack, surely one does not have solely projectile attacks on 2 bars?

However I understand ppl complaining about the spell reflecting attacks it should not reflect, obviously this is part of the skill beeing bugged and shouldn't really be included in ones assesment of the spell at all. If the skill were to be fixed I would expect these things to be fixed aswell making the skill definately only reflect projectile spells.

What's your thoughts?

If you're stamina build, its not that overpowered...Mainly cause you don't have enough magicka or magicka return to just spam it over and over again.

However I've done magicka builds that basically give me unlimited mana for all intents and purposes and I can spam it all day...The only thing that is stopping me from doing it at that point is Reflective Scale bug just ripping my stamina/magicka to shreds.

Now granted, a lot of that has to do with Harness Magicka being broken and stacking with other shields.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question: Where is "absorb" coming from in the video?

I must have missed it, but I don't recall an ability from your listed build that let's you absorb damage yet the add-on you were using kept saying "Absorbed". At first I thought it maybe you were spamming Absorb Magic but you are using Defensive Stance. I checked and absorbing attacks isn't an equipment set feature from your listed gear either. Just curious.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The top numbers are damage numbers, if its a bottom number, it could of Brawler from 2 hander line if I had 2 hander out, or I could of been running Absorb Magic in some of the fights (though I don't think I was at the time, I respecced back out of it cause I didn't like it)

Or it could of been Vesir throwing Healing Ward on me.

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's at the mid-bottom area in yellow, and shows up frequently even when you seem to be alone. Not a big deal, just seemed like it was helping a good bit.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its on the health bar, its Defensive Stance...i think....I see it every now and again...I believe after I use Defensive Stance it does it.

• kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for "Battlemaster's Corner: Dragonknight Reaver." Check out this formidable Dragonknight build, submitted by Xsorus. If you'd like to be featured in a future Battlemaster's Corner, submit your own build to us at community@elderscrollsonline.com!

I LOLED so hard when I saw 5 pc medium armor LOL.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    good build
    idk why you call this build reaver here the definition of blood Reaver
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Reaver_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)
    or http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Reaver_(Origins)

for me reaver are the necromancer warrior

can you explaine me why you call your build reaver ? thankyou /bow
    Edited by charley222 on September 17, 2014 1:36PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »
    good build
    idk why you call this build reaver here the definition of blood Reaver
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blood_Reaver_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)
    or http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Reaver_(Origins)

for me reaver are the necromancer warrior

can you explaine me why you call your build reaver ? thankyou /bow

Dark age of Camelot