The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What all the pro bow users are doing in pvp now.

• butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    It is not animation cancelling, it is called light attack weaving.

My point exactly. These attacks are designed to have the animation be played. Its the limiter to how often you use them. Weaving (canceling them) is an exploit. Every other player in Cyrodil (pve people need not worry about the monsters 'weaving' on them, but you can do it TO them) are using this. With my posts, I am using a 2 pronged attack to inform the ones that don't know (so they can use it) and report it as bug abuse.

Yes, I make regular bug reports on it. I even report the people using it. Its funny like that.

• butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    5 months into the game with weapon and melee/stamina builds being sorely under powered and at the first hint of improvement people start cryin'?

Seriously?

Cheating is cheating. Weaving is animation canceling is cheating. No matter how you look at it, Zos did not intend for you to get extra attacks. Reporting and revealing this technique is crying to you. To me it is getting things fixed.

It needs fixed. Every other character in Cyrodil is doing this now. There are probably billions of little noob characters being created every second to join in on this spam fest.

• TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reflective scales => Dragon blood => Laugh like a maniac => look at the prey => Invasion => talons => Unstable flame => Whip, whip => /dishonor.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    How many threads do you need to make on the same topic?

42 ...The answer is always... 42
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    How many threads do you need to make on the same topic?

Just one more...

Oh yeah, and "Free Beer Tomorrow."
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oooooh myyyy goodness
    I could never get the hand of animation cancelling. didn't know how to do it. I though it was like using snipe and cancel the attack with light attack so snipe took shorter to cast.

but i have been shooting rooting tooting all my life with spamming light attack and venom attack since beta. With high stamina regenarion i can shoot forever it seems and it looks like i have been animation cancelling all my TESO life without knowing it. I just assumed light attack was so fast i was legolassing in Cyyrodill. I was even trying to bunny hop with it which actually looks pretty funny.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 months into the game with weapon and melee/stamina builds being sorely under powered and at the first hint of improvement people start cryin'?

Seriously?

Cheating is cheating. Weaving is animation canceling is cheating. No matter how you look at it, Zos did not intend for you to get extra attacks. Reporting and revealing this technique is crying to you. To me it is getting things fixed.

It needs fixed. Every other character in Cyrodil is doing this now. There are probably billions of little noob characters being created every second to join in on this spam fest.

nope ZOS has stated that while it was not intended, it is not an exploit or cheating. It's an unintended feature.

Stop making stuff up.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thorspark wrote: »
    Animation Cancelling is quite mandatory in PvE but you gotta be kidding if you think it's OP in PvP.

I LOVE people who use AC instead of blocking, you can do so much damage and stuns to them and they're not even able to do anything back.
    In PvP, the rule is simple, block or die.

Nope, holding block is one of the biggest mistake u can do.
    Play against a good NB and hold block.. U will run out of Stam and then u get a nice fear in ur face. Psssht.. u can't block it btw

Same against caltrops (nice against blocking Dks)
    U only need to block against shards, shield charge, that templer *** and maybe other strong skills, but u can do this with animation canceling.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what the OP post is trying to explain is the huuuuge influx of macro players.

You open with snipe, then follow up with a heavy attack which connects almost at the same time as snipe, and then you press your macro button for the sequenced instant light + venom arrow attacks = insta-dead target.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need a macro for this...
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

erm, like it or hate it ZOS stated that it's not cheating. It's unexpected but not an exploit.

This thread reads like the hate /tells I get from people I kill with the bow, I get messages from people on my faction claiming my 1.4k snipe isn't powerful enough and I get messages from the enemy that I don't even use snipe on moaning that bow is OP because I killed them 1v1.

That's before you get to the forums and the freak out you get the moment you say that bow's a pretty solid weapon.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

Aside from the fact ZOS specifically said it was not cheating I'll take your word for it.

It really is all about weapon damage that is why you see more DK's and Sorcs using bow than NBs.
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    @Soulac‌ :
    When I see those "good" NBs, I have my immovable slotted to avoid fear. And blocking when attacking (melee weapon) prevents you from getting CCed, Stunned from behind while you finish you target (the one that can't move because he wasn't blocking when you charged him and was put to the ground).
    And a target on the ground is a dead target.

And yeah, charges do pass over caltrops too.
    DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erm, like it or hate it ZOS stated that it's not cheating. It's unexpected but not an exploit.
    That's before you get to the forums and the freak out you get the moment you say that bow's a pretty solid weapon.

That quote's really been stretched. She said it isn't an exploit, but that's far from an endorsement. There's a difference between "right" and "not wrong".

And, as ever, your blinkeredness on bows, just because they work in a PVP setting, is facepalm-worthy. Kinda makes me think of a guy running a clothing store that only sells his size, and wondering why people are upset.
    Edited by MorHawk on September 2, 2014 2:07PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rock: Nerf paper, scissors is fine.
    Scissors: Nerf rock, paper is fine.
    Paper: Nerf Scissors, rock is fine.
    Is there any need to copy/paste this sentence 900,000,000,000 billion times?
    It stopped sounding smart after the first billion people copying it.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorHawk wrote: »

That quote's really been stretched. She said it isn't an exploit, but that's far from an endorsement. There's a difference between "right" and "not wrong".

And, as ever, your blinkeredness on bows, just because they work in a PVP setting, is facepalm-worthy. Kinda makes me think of a guy running a clothing store that only sells his size, and wondering why people are upset.

The game has been out 5 months. Pretty much every video and strategy guide have all mentioned it. It has been posted about hundreds of times on this forum and every ESO forum and reddit time and time again. ESO acknowledged that they know it is happening and is not an exploit. It is pretty much impossible to make the argument that ZOS doesn't know exactly how much it is used. Yet they have never put in anything to change it, have never mentioned any intent to change it and have never said anything negative about the use of it. How much more do you really need to know that ZOS knows it is used and doesn't care?
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    The game has been out 5 months. Pretty much every video and strategy guide have all mentioned it. It has been posted about hundreds of times on this forum and every ESO forum and reddit time and time again. ESO acknowledged that they know it is happening and is not an exploit. It is pretty much impossible to make the argument that ZOS doesn't know exactly how much it is used. Yet they have never put in anything to change it, have never mentioned any intent to change it and have never said anything negative about the use of it. How much more do you really need to know that ZOS knows it is used and doesn't care?

Strawman. I'm not saying that they're not aware of it. There are a whole load of issues that have been extant for the lifetime of this game that haven't been fixed yet. Champion System, Werewolves, stamina vs magicka balance, class balance... forgive them if they've got a lot on their plate to chew through. Sorting out animation cancelling is going to require a huge rewrite. I know I wouldn't go near it until I had a handle on the rest first. Given that, would you think it wise to even say "we're working on it"? They're already getting screamed at over the loyalty system promised in September, and we're only two days in.
    Edited by MorHawk on September 2, 2014 2:29PM
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Strawman. I'm not saying that they're not aware of it. There are a whole load of issues that have been extant for the lifetime of this game that haven't been fixed yet. Champion System, Werewolves, stamina vs magicka balance, class balance... forgive them if they've got a lot on their plate to chew through. Sorting out animation cancelling is going to require a huge rewrite. I know I wouldn't go near it until I had a handle on the rest first.

Look up the definition of straw man, that is not what a straw man is. In fact your rebuttal is much closer to a straw man argument. I pointed out that the game developers are aware of the situation and have not ever said it was a problem, that they intend to change any aspect of it and have gone as far as to say it isn't an exploit. Your rebuttal is to point out a completely different argument about totally separate topics almost all of which they have acknowledged that there is a problem with and said they are working on fixes for. It is your assumption they are "sorting out animation canceling" and your conclusion is based on them working on unrelated topics as a premise and you never cited anywhere they said they were going to change it.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up the definition of straw man, that is not what a straw man is. In fact your rebuttal is much closer to a straw man argument. I pointed out that the game developers are aware of the situation and have not ever said it was a problem, that they intend to change any aspect of it and have gone as far as to say it isn't an exploit. Your rebuttal is to point out a completely different argument about totally separate topics almost all of which they have acknowledged that there is a problem with and said they are working on fixes for. It is your assumption they are "sorting out animation canceling" and your conclusion is based on them working on unrelated topics as a premise and you never cited anywhere they said they were going to change it.

Frig, I'm getting tired of debating logical fallacies on here.

Me: There's a difference between "right" and "not wrong".
    You: It is pretty much impossible to make the argument that ZOS doesn't know exactly how much it is used.
    Me: I didn't make any claim that ZOS was ignorant of it.

If you don't see it, I'm done trying to spell it out. Enjoy your fantasy world.
    Edited by MorHawk on September 2, 2014 2:45PM
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frig, I'm getting tired of debating logical fallacies on here.
    Me: There's a difference between "right" and "not wrong".
    You: It is pretty much impossible to make the argument that ZOS doesn't know exactly how much it is used.
    Me: I didn't make any claim that ZOS was ignorant of it.

If you don't see it, I'm done trying to spell it out. Enjoy your fantasy world.

Then learn more about logical fallacies and quit using them in rebuttals.

You: A is wrong because I know it is
    Me: The only statements ZOS has made said A wasn't wrong, please provide some evidence to back up your premise
    You: No it is wrong because of X, Y, Z unrelated topics
    Me: Those have nothing to do with topic A
    You: I'm tired of arguing logical fallacies.
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just keep healing while somebodoy try to jiggle me with that poison arrows...
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    This OP is whiner, I had enourmuous count of NB encounter and they all got killed or run away from me, I'm a DK and this is not a template for others, they key is just knowing how to counter idiots with bows.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This OP is whiner, I had enourmuous count of NB encounter and they all got killed or run away from me, I'm a DK and this is not a template for others, they key is just knowing how to counter idiots with bows.

DK counter = Green Dragon blood, hold block can't be killed by physical damage. Not Rocket Surgery.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

Good thing that the noobs are learning to animation cancel. That means they are learning to play the game effectively.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not animation cancelling, it is called light attack weaving.

Its not murder, its rapid life expectancy reduction.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK counter = Green Dragon blood, hold block can't be killed by physical damage. Not Rocket Surgery.

Until they run out of stamina, then blocking does nothing. DW flurry's combined with NB ability Dark Shades will drain a blocking DKs stamina pretty fast. If a DK is spending all his magika on heals he is not doing any damage to you or will have anything left to hurt you with. Basically with DKs you just have to empty their resource pools to beat them but it is much easier than you would think.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until they run out of stamina, then blocking does nothing. DW flurry's combined with NB ability Dark Shades will drain a blocking DKs stamina pretty fast. If a DK is spending all his magika on heals he is not doing any damage to you or will have anything left to hurt you with. Basically with DKs you just have to empty their resource pools to beat them but it is much easier than you would think.

Interesting point there. What determines how much stamina is consumed when blocking? If, as above, rapid small attacks drain stamina fastest, that would imply that there is a material fixed quantity involved. I'm curious to crunch the numbers now.
    I can count to potato.
    WWJLHD?
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As sniper spec bow NB I open with this.

Snipe, as I release the shot I start to charge heavy attack and release it slightly after Snipe hits, When you release the heavy attack you can also instantly do a poison arrow and follow it with a very fast light shot. So yes you can land all this in about 1 second if you time it right.

I do not use Mark the Target because it would ruin my burst chain if used after snipe. If you open with it most people see it and hide or block.

I use the Haste Morph Incapacitate, because i really like the heavy attack damage bonus as well as every 7th attack immobolizing the target.

My sustained damage chain is heavy attack, followed by an instant poison arrow and instant light attack.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It actually takes quite a long time to run them out of stamina. Also Green Dragon Blood buffs stamina regen by 30%. By this point in the game most PvPers are eating the purple food that buffs all three stats. Even with no points in Stamina, no gear and no glyphs in it I hit over 1500 stam. Not to mention DK's have passives that restore stamina and they can get a ton back by using the cheapest ultimate in the game.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All while standing in their face as well.
    The combo is better than melee even without the snipe opener.