The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What all the pro bow users are doing in pvp now.

butterfly442
butterfly442
✭✭✭
First, throw all your gear away and get only gear that will increase your weapon damage. Hundings... Molag... and the pro gold Glyphs that give 13 weapon damage for all 3 jewelry pieces. Even as a vamp ignore fire resist. Who cares about that noob stuff if you can machine gun down everything standing anyway.

Collect every and all skill passives that give extra weapon damage. Grab the haste buff and prebuff it while in stealth. (Or don't, does not really matter.)

Toss on marked target if you are a Nightblade. (This part is not necessary. But its funny.)

Open with Snipe. Big damage if they dont get their shield up. (Or all 6 of their shields.)

Fire light attack.

Cancel its animation with Venom arrow.

Light attack

Venom arrow.

Continue on this track until target dead.

Or Zenimax could fix all this animation canceling and let people play the way they want to.
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just bow users who do this.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hooold on, you mean people who use weapons stack all the weapon dmg they can find! :o
    Edited by TheBull on August 31, 2014 10:42PM
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats all this about animation cancelling?
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many threads do you need to make on the same topic?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • grimjim398
    grimjim398
    ✭✭✭
    Just hold on, brave soldier. Maybe ZOS will win this fight for you by changing the way the game works to suit what you want. I mean, animation canceling is so unfair because, you know, everybody can use it... Wait a minute...
    Edited by grimjim398 on August 31, 2014 10:50PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Edited by Sarenia on August 31, 2014 10:52PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »

You notice all the other people trying to make light of the situation.

Lots of information on the boards about it. Just search.

Don't want to keep rewriting it and [snip] all the morons off because it is being talked about.

They want to hide it so they can keep being pro in pvp.

But now that everyone is finding out about it, they will on par. Then it will only come down to ping. Or Zenimax can fix the issue. Make all these noobs have to actually play.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on September 1, 2014 6:55AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to do with weapon cancelling.

I don't even play a nightblade, or use bow, OR PVP, and even I know this is just another thread trying to get what they want by making generalizing assumptions about a playstyle they recently got killed by.

Rock: Nerf paper, scissors is fine.
    Scissors: Nerf rock, paper is fine.
    Paper: Nerf Scissors, rock is fine.

I am so sick of this crap, but mostly because ZOS more than any other gaming company in my 20 years of gaming seems to bend over backwards to cater to it, which just encourages more uninformed assumption threads like this. No offense OP.

A staff and light armor player could just as easily stack spell damage and magicka (more easily, actually), and hold block while spamming an instant cast ability after putting 3 or 4 shields on themselves.

"OMG! We should take away all instant cast abilities! Or give you a 3 second cooldown on being able to block after using an instant cast ability."

More amazing to me than the ridiculousness of this post is that ANY stamina user has managed to find ANY build that is even REMOTELY competitive in ANYTHING.

The balance between magicka and stamina users is sickeningly bad to the point of being a deal breaker in this game, for me, personally. Your mileage may vary.

Nothing is stopping you from light attacking before any ability you use. Why don't YOU learn to play instead of crying for ZOS to change the way the game is built because you don't like how everyone ELSE is playing?

Just a thought.
    Edited by Phinix1 on August 31, 2014 11:48PM
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pew Pew!

You can do it with any skill, so whats your problem?

And everyone who gets hooked on Canceling soon figures out that they are always out of mana and burn potions at a very unnatural and expensive rate. And the reason people don't talk about it, is because the only people who really care are the vocal minority who complain about it.

There are good arguments against it (It allows turbo DPS) but the arguments are often skewed (The DPS burst doesn't last). You can kill trash mobs faster, but in real situations you have to monitor your resources. Best to learn how to do it, and identify others doing it (by their speed-casting) in PVP so you can kill them when they run dry.

Within; Without.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got yer butt kicked, eh.

Well, it happens. Not sure that the particulars you cite are limited to bow users and/or PvP.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elyna wrote: »

The recovery animation of attacks (after the hit) can be canceled by skills.

If that skill is an instant skill, it will fire immediately and you can cancel that skill's recovery animation by blocking, bashing, or another attack.

Some skills that have lengthy firing animations are still technically instant. By blocking, bashing, or attacking immediately after firing the skill, you'll see them animate much quicker (again, because they're instant).

Some folks consider this cheating. Coming from fighting games, we'd call those people scrubs.

P.S. there's a link in my signature if you want to weigh-on on the topic.
    Edited by Circuitous on September 1, 2014 12:04AM
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    Pew Pew!

You can do it with any skill, so whats your problem?

And everyone who gets hooked on Canceling soon figures out that they are always out of mana and burn potions at a very unnatural and expensive rate. And the reason people don't talk about it, is because the only people who really care are the vocal minority who complain about it.

There are good arguments against it (It allows turbo DPS) but the arguments are often skewed (The DPS burst doesn't last). You can kill trash mobs faster, but in real situations you have to monitor your resources. Best to learn how to do it, and identify others doing it (by their speed-casting) in PVP so you can kill them when they run dry.

Animation canceling and light/heavy attacks are central to many endgame builds for trials, not for burst but for sustain as well. The top endgame NB DPS build I'm aware of out there right now relies heavily on animation canceling and attack weaving to do competitive DPS(1k+ sustained) in trials.
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can easily stack spell damage enchants, light attack crushing shock/funnel/etc get sets that stack my spell damage/crit and do the EXACT same thing.

This isn't something only bow users are doing, it's something that's been going on for a while now.

/thread
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • dmarkle70b14_ESO
    OP Determined to change the name of Cyrodiil to CRYodiil..one post at a time
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a pro bow user (I prefer the term "archer," but suit yourself).

I'm not doing this.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will venture a wild guess and assume the op has a vampire character wearing 7/7 light armour, with batswarm and impulse on his bar and hasn't deemed getting over 3k health important at all.

I might be wrong of course.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use bow and sort of do this, but also use my build for melee as well.

Anyhoo. I get killed this way, and I kill people this way. The problem is....
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭
    This is fine and dandy until you meet a DK and all your attacks are useless.
    Scissors, meet rock.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not animation cancelling, it is called light attack weaving.
  • Reiterpallasch
    Reiterpallasch
    ✭✭✭
    That's a strange way of writing "Switch to light armor and staff".
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or pick up a shield and lol @ lethal arrow. On about the 4-5th venom arrow start cc spamming. Their stam should be low at that point.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 1, 2014 3:54AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Shennynerd
    Shennynerd
    ✭✭✭
    What's all this about Haste working with bows?
    Rose - AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    Modest Argonian Maid - EP - Argonian Sorceror
    Man Shen - AD - Altmer Templar
    Largesse - DC - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Which-Way-To-The-Beach - AD - Argonian Sorceror
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So bows are actually useful for once and can do what you can pretty much do with spell damage and spamming certain skills and now it suddenly needs to be "fixed".... riight.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on September 1, 2014 5:50AM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the old "cry until my character/build automatically wins every fight" mentality.

Right up there with "balance by nerf."
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 1, 2014 5:36AM
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 months into the game with weapon and melee/stamina builds being sorely under powered and at the first hint of improvement people start cryin'?

Seriously?
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    Animation Cancelling is quite mandatory in PvE but you gotta be kidding if you think it's OP in PvP.

I LOVE people who use AC instead of blocking, you can do so much damage and stuns to them and they're not even able to do anything back.
    In PvP, the rule is simple, block or die.
    DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shennynerd wrote: »
    What's all this about Haste working with bows?

Haste is irrelevant because animation canceling allows you to attack much faster than the haste bonus and without using up a skill slot.

I use animation canceling too but a different rotation than the one you see here and it gives me an effective dps around 1400-1500 with a bow.

The only thing haste can do is to increase heavy attack damage but if you have time to fire a heavy attack you are usually better off using lethal arrow in that situation.
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭

I don't even play a nightblade, or use bow, OR PVP, and even I know this is just another thread trying to get what they want by making generalizing assumptions about a playstyle they recently got killed by.

I am so sick of this crap, but mostly because ZOS more than any other gaming company in my 20 years of gaming seems to bend over backwards to cater to it, which just encourages more uninformed assumption threads like this. No offense OP.

A staff and light armor player could just as easily stack spell damage and magicka (more easily, actually), and hold block while spamming an instant cast ability after putting 3 or 4 shields on themselves.

"OMG! We should take away all instant cast abilities! Or give you a 3 second cooldown on being able to block after using an instant cast ability."

More amazing to me than the ridiculousness of this post is that ANY stamina user has managed to find ANY build that is even REMOTELY competitive in ANYTHING.

The balance between magicka and stamina users is sickeningly bad to the point of being a deal breaker in this game, for me, personally. Your mileage may vary.

Nothing is stopping you from light attacking before any ability you use. Why don't YOU learn to play instead of crying for ZOS to change the way the game is built because you don't like how everyone ELSE is playing?

Just a thought.

Try it. Venom arrow then light attack. Mash both buttons for all you are worth. Set up a macro and tear something up before it can move.

NOT WORKING AS INTENDED.

(Also, many other combinations this works with.)

But you did point out the main point for me. You don't play these classes. You don't pvp.

And remember, the light attack cancels out the animation for the venom arrow. The venom arrow cancels the animation for the light attack. L2P.
  • Marthenil
    Marthenil
    ✭✭✭

Just a thought.

Try it. Venom arrow then light attack. Mash both buttons for all you are worth. Set up a macro and tear something up before it can move.

NOT WORKING AS INTENDED.

(Also, many other combinations this works with.)

But you did point out the main point for me. You don't play these classes. You don't pvp.

And remember, the light attack cancels out the animation for the venom arrow. The venom arrow cancels the animation for the light attack. L2P.

As a nightblade, with that haste morph for heavy attacks, I found heavy attacks and poison arrow works better than simple light attacks :p
  • butterfly442
    butterfly442
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    I will venture a wild guess and assume the op has a vampire character wearing 7/7 light armour, with batswarm and impulse on his bar and hasn't deemed getting over 3k health important at all.

I might be wrong of course.

Nightblade.

5/7 light armor. 2/7 heavy.

My impulse it at level 1. Never used it.

Never used batswarm. Shooting star is better for how I play.

Hpts are 3300.

Glad you can toss all that out there assuming you know what you are talking about.

Make up more stuff to suit your argument.

Oh, you don't even have an argument. You just made up a bunch of lies to suit.... nothing.

And, yes, you are wrong.