The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please Remove Veteran Ranks Entirely

tordr86b16_ESO
tordr86b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
and remove the entire quest line for cadwell! My proposal? Expand the main quest line further after killing Molag Bal. Perhaps the new quest could be another threat or something as simple as resurrecting *SPOILER* whichever heroe you chose to sacrifice.

I really want to see major improvements to the leveling experience because grinding exp in the veteran zones was incredibly boring. The removal of veteran zones and veteran levels would further the idea of people rolling new alts on other factions (achievements etc).

There only negative with the removal of both veteran ranks and zones is the loss of skill points gained from skyshards and delve challenges. Obviously you would have to find a way to compensate us with extra skill points, perhaps increase the amount of skill points gained each level would suffice.
Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on August 31, 2014 4:53PM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very much enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to reroll yet another character (and I'm an altaholic, but I usually don't enjoy other factions once I pick one) in order to experience the other zones.

I would, however, agree that a continuing storyline, where the player has something conducive to do, *should* be added. Added. Don't remove one feature in order to make another valuable. Add the new quests, and let players choose how they want to go about leveling their characters.

There are far more skill points than most know what to do with, anyway, especially taking in PvP and dungeons, etc.

As far as veteran ranks, that's another point entirely.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...They are. The new Champion System coming within the next few major updates will completely replace Veteran Ranks. It's coming, be patient.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as you beat the game, join another new faction. Don't recycle one of the original three, that's my suggestion. There are only three of them and I've done them all!
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap i also quite like how it works currently.

I agree that they should remove the VR so people dont feel forced to do them , but i dont think they remove the option that each char got of doing all quests by itself.

Eitherway , it is unlikely they would even consider , there are tons of achivs on each char that come exactly from doing stuff on all zones and so on.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blkadr wrote: »
    Eitherway , it is unlikely they would even consider , there are tons of achivs on each char that come exactly from doing stuff on all zones and so on.

The achievements should be done with a new toon, not the other way.

Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on August 31, 2014 6:35PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emeraldbay wrote: »
    ...They are. The new Champion System coming within the next few major updates will completely replace Veteran Ranks. It's coming, be patient.

This. Honestly, do people read anymore?

And OP: they aren't going to get rid of Cadwell's quests when that happens, nor are they going to close off other alliances. That would be a monumentally stupid decision, given the amount of achievements and titles associated with clearing all that content.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The achivs are not universal , they are char locked , only thing that passes is the dyes.

Even if they did change so that it would check which faction you joined and then set which achivs you can have on that char, this would cut the max number of achiv a LOT and i mean a LOT.

They would need to redo where you get most of the dyes and so on.

Ah and ofc , they would get the players that did hunt those achivs that they are removing from the game REALLY pissed , some one those achivs take a LOT of hours to get :P. Just removing them will not go without people noticing.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on August 31, 2014 6:41PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Champion system. Enough said. Plans are in motion to change things
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the whole experience every faction on 1 character? Yea that's not going away anytime soon. If anything, I can see them releasing new Main Story content to be accessed after Cadwell's Gold.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The achivs are not universal , they are char locked , only thing that passes is the dyes.

Even if they did change so that it would check which faction you joined and then set which achivs you can have on that char, this would cut the max number of achiv a LOT and i mean a LOT.

They would need to redo where you get most of the dyes and so on.

Ah and ofc , they would get the players that did hunt those achivs that they are removing from the game REALLY pissed , some one those achivs take a LOT of hours to get :P. Just removing them will not go without people noticing.

If achivments were account bound this would not be an issue, everyone has access.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what we know of the Champion System, they are NOT getting rid of veteran ranks, just veteran points, which are an alternate form of exp you get after 50/VR1.

Until we know more, it's safer to assume that VR levels are staying, and the champion system will add to what we currently have.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what we know of the Champion System, they are NOT getting rid of veteran ranks, just veteran points, which are an alternate form of exp you get after 50/VR1.

Until we know more, it's safer to assume that VR levels are staying, and the champion system will add to what we currently have.

Untrue. Stage 3 of the champion system completely removes veteran ranks, it has been confirmed by the devs. They have not yet said what they are doing with the current vet content. The highest level will be 50.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

Untrue. Stage 3 of the champion system completely removes veteran ranks, it has been confirmed by the devs. They have not yet said what they are doing with the current vet content. The highest level will be 50.

can you show me the link where they said this?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hadria wrote: »
    Guppet wrote: »

can you show me the link where they said this?

Same. I've not seen any reference yet of the removal of Veteran Ranks, except one mistake post by Gina. Otherwise, it's very clear they are saying 'Veteran Points'. The development tracker seems pretty lean on the subject, too.

XBOX NA

• Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the interview where they talk about the champion system starting at the 42 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYbl5B8R9-E

At no point during that time do they say they are removing the vet level only the vet points so please people stop spreading misinformation
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    and remove the entire quest line for cadwell! My proposal? Expand the main quest line further after killing Molag Bal. Perhaps the new quest could be another threat or something as simple as resurrecting *SPOILER* whichever heroe you chose to sacrifice.

I really want to see major improvements to the leveling experience because grinding exp in the veteran zones was incredibly boring. The removal of veteran zones and veteran levels would further the idea of people rolling new alts on other factions (achievements etc).

There only negative with the removal of both veteran ranks and zones is the loss of skill points gained from skyshards and delve challenges. Obviously you would have to find a way to compensate us with extra skill points, perhaps increase the amount of skill points gained each level would suffice.

Good suggestions tordr IF Zeni were to literally change the whole vet content zones. There have indeed been a good amount of requests for such and ideas put forward by other players as well.

However this part of your post: "The removal of veteran zones and veteran levels would further the idea of people rolling new alts on other factions (achievements etc)." - its basically diametrically opposed to what the original dev vision was which is to experience the whole of what Tamriel has to offer on one single main character. Of course it was never said you could NOT create or use alts, but that was a side consideration for the unique playability on one main which intersects a lot of other parts of the overall MMO design for TESO.
    Edited by Anastasia on August 31, 2014 8:37PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, 1. I like playing one character throughout. I don't mind having alts, but don't want to be required to have them to experience all content. and 2. Vet Ranks are going away and changing to champ system as some have pointed out.

But, I do wish they had done something better story wise. Maybe some sort of extended truce from the Molag Bal finale, where they continue only fighting in Cyrodiil b/c of the continuing daedric influence because they each think they can do a better job at stopping it, but keep the war contained and the hero is sent out to the other alliances to stop rebels and such (instead of fighting people from your own army sometimes).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »
    However this part of your post: "The removal of veteran zones and veteran levels would further the idea of people rolling new alts on other factions (achievements etc)." - its basically diametrically opposed to what the original dev vision was which is to experience the whole of what Tamriel has to offer on one single main character.

I'm pretty sure the original dev vision was that the character would only ever adventure in their own factions' area and Cyrodiil. Lots of us, myself included, wanted them to open up the other areas as we felt not being able to do so went against the series' concept of exploration.

VR zones were the solution ZOS shoe-horned in, talk about being careful what you wish for.

People do read and are still not entirely sure what the plan is exactly.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the interview where they talk about the champion system starting at the 42 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYbl5B8R9-E

At no point during that time do they say they are removing the vet level only the vet points so please people stop spreading misinformation

They didn't say it clearly at QC, but Pual confirmed it in an interview with ESO OTR.
    Here's the link:
    http://dulfy.net/2014/07/12/eso-paul-sage-the-road-ahead-qa-transcript/
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    However this part of your post: "The removal of veteran zones and veteran levels would further the idea of people rolling new alts on other factions (achievements etc)." - its basically diametrically opposed to what the original dev vision was which is to experience the whole of what Tamriel has to offer on one single main character.

I'm pretty sure the original dev vision was that the character would only ever adventure in their own factions' area and Cyrodiil. Lots of us, myself included, wanted them to open up the other areas as we felt not being able to do so went against the series' concept of exploration.

VR zones were the solution ZOS shoe-horned in, talk about being careful what you wish for.

Sadly that's because they never made an official statement clarifying it, but Paul Sage did an interview on it here:
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    konk clarified how vr gear would work here: http://thequestshow.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/esotr120.mp3

VR gear = turned into lvl 50 gear.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyr wrote: »

Sadly that's because they never made an official statement clarifying it, but Paul Sage did an interview on it here:

and right here
    When we take away VR points, we will not take away VR ranks so that won’t affect itemization and the gear you can wear.

says the ranks aren't going away.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very much enjoyed the fact that I didn't have to reroll yet another character (and I'm an altaholic, but I usually don't enjoy other factions once I pick one) in order to experience the other zones.

I would, however, agree that a continuing storyline, where the player has something conducive to do, *should* be added. Added. Don't remove one feature in order to make another valuable. Add the new quests, and let players choose how they want to go about leveling their characters.

There are far more skill points than most know what to do with, anyway, especially taking in PvP and dungeons, etc.

As far as veteran ranks, that's another point entirely.

There is a new story line it's called Craglorn - lots of quests and delves . Get with a group or get with a guild and enjoy

And in before the solo whiners complain - if you want solo why are you in an MMO
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭

and right here
    When we take away VR points, we will not take away VR ranks so that won’t affect itemization and the gear you can wear.

No, that's just phase 2. In phase 3 VR system is being replaced by champion system.
  • Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    konk clarified how vr gear would work here: http://thequestshow.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/esotr120.mp3

Yep. It's all going to be level 50 gear and then all vertical progression is through champion system and increasingly better gear sets by season.
    Edited by Tyr on August 31, 2014 11:31PM
  • Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Well, 1. I like playing one character throughout. I don't mind having alts, but don't want to be required to have them to experience all content.

Yep, me too. I feel like my character has grown not only in skills but in wisdom through the game, like a world-traveler on a year's-long journey.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep. It's all going to be level 50 gear and then all vertical progression is through champion system and increasingly better gear sets by season.

o:)

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and right here

So this will be the third time I've had to copy/paste this because people can't use the search function and lack basic reading comprehension skills. Please read it this time. The original thread, for those who love citations.

If people had actually read the full text of the interview and the full text of this thread, there wouldn't be questions.

The interview:
    We are going to get rid of Veteran points - Veteran ranks are going to be gained through experience point gain. That means instead of going through and having to worry about whether you're gaining Veteran points in this way you'll have a very predictable path and actually faster path through your Veteran ranks. That's the second phase and also coming in that phase - and very important - is the fact that you'll get bonus experience. If you haven't played for awhile -say you haven't played for 20 hours or something like that you'll get a bonus to the experience gains you get and the reasons were doing this is to help you stay in sync with your friends who might play more than you do - so we're adding a bonus for people who don't play as frequently

The second phase. Second phase. Second. Phase.

In prior interviews, they were clear about the transition being a three-step process, with phase 3 being the introduction of the Champion System.

Now, regarding the Champion System:
    Once the Champion System has been fully rolled out, it will replace Veteran Ranks. Don't worry, we'll go into much more detail as we get closer to releasing this new system. It's still being developed, though, so there are still some unknowns.

Everyone clear now?

Phase 3 is the introduction of the Champion System is the elimination/conversion of VR levels. Paul Sage was never talking about that in the interview paragraph that started this whole mess.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭

IF this is the case (again, different interpretations everywhere), I would be very happy. It takes long enough to get to level 50. My issue with the current system is that if a friend starts playing ESO it will take forever before we can group up as they have to reach the higher vet levels first :| There is enough incentive to do all the other content without extended level caps (adventuring, skill points, achievements etc).
    Edited by Horrum on September 1, 2014 3:41AM
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrum wrote: »

IF this is the case (again, different interpretations everywhere), I would be very happy. It takes long enough to get to level 50. My issue with the current system is that if a friend starts playing ESO it will take forever before we can group up as they have to reach the higher vet levels first :| There is enough incentive to do all the other content without extended level caps (adventuring, skill points, achievements etc).

Getting to 50 is easy (20 hours if you know what you're doing), maxing vr is another story.