The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else starting to think Impulse just needs a cast time?

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »
    something needs to be done about it. I play only on the non-vet campaign BECAUSE of those impulse spamming groups. its not fun dealing with it, I dont care if the "elite" guilds do it or not. its lame, and makes the game more frustrating than fun. I myself dont see a problem with impulse having a cast time. heck it would actually make sense. you are sending a powerful wave, or circle, whatever you want to call it, of magical energy all around you. It SHOULD take a second or 2 to build up that energy.

I am willing to bet that even if what you say were to happen and they add a cast time to impulse. You are still going to end up and stay in the non-vet campaign.
    i would give it a go and see how it is. if the impulse blobs were to go down because of it, I would return to the... "normal" campaigns and see if it got any better. If not, I would go back to non-vet.

Idk what your version of "fun" in this game is, but my verison of fun, is fighting players head on, not having to spend 15 minutes slowly withering down a huge impulse blob.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the difference in spamming impulse vs venom arrow spam vs biting jab spam vs lava whip spam vs shield spam.

For one i know they all take extreme skill.

cant compare an AOE that needs no targeting whatsoever to Lava whip and also a single target spell I might add while impulse hits six.. Impulse has been transformed into an ultimate that doesn't need to be built up and a lot of times ticks every burst for more than alot of ultimates tick for...and can be moved.
    Edited by Tintinabula on August 31, 2014 5:53AM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the difference in spamming impulse vs venom arrow spam vs biting jab spam vs lava whip spam vs shield spam.

cant compare an AOE that needs no targeting whatsoever to Lava whip and also a single target spell I might add while impulse hits six.. Impulse has been transformed into an ultimate that doesn't need to be built up and a lot of times ticks every burst for more than alot of ultimates tick for...and can be moved.

Im more concerned about the overall spamming of skills. I AoE bomb or w.e you want to call it but i dont use impulse. Does it surprise that i have found another way?

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use lava whip and have to use it twice in a row in order to pull off lava whip exploit(while the target is incapacitated). Does that make me a spammer?

When I see that a DK has pulled off lava whip exploit it means to me they were paying attention..unless..my death recap says I died to nothing but lava whip.
    Edited by Tintinabula on August 31, 2014 6:16AM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use lava whip and have to use it twice in a row in order to pull off lava whip exploit(while the target is incapacitated). Does that make me a spammer?

When I see that a DK has pulled off lava whip exploit it means to me they were paying attention..unless..my death recap says I died to nothing but lava whip.

Nothing wrong with being a spammer. We all are spammers. Yay no cooldowns and only five skills!

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fine Krim but the problem is some skills are infinite in their pros with little to no downside...one of those skills is Impulse.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    something needs to be done about it. I play only on the non-vet campaign BECAUSE of those impulse spamming groups. its not fun dealing with it, I dont care if the "elite" guilds do it or not. its lame, and makes the game more frustrating than fun. I myself dont see a problem with impulse having a cast time. heck it would actually make sense. you are sending a powerful wave, or circle, whatever you want to call it, of magical energy all around you. It SHOULD take a second or 2 to build up that energy.

I am willing to bet that even if what you say were to happen and they add a cast time to impulse. You are still going to end up and stay in the non-vet campaign.
    i would give it a go and see how it is. if the impulse blobs were to go down because of it, I would return to the... "normal" campaigns and see if it got any better. If not, I would go back to non-vet.

Idk what your version of "fun" in this game is, but my verison of fun, is fighting players head on, not having to spend 15 minutes slowly withering down a huge impulse blob.

I've seen you in the lowbie camp and all you guys were doing was blob fighting 30 vs 10. So what you are really complaining about is someone else is out playing you and you have to go another camp where you hold dominate numbers to "win". Gotcha.. Keep blobbing son.. BTW there is a HUGE EP blob on the 14day camp, you might have some fun there..
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not only a problem in PvP but also in PvE where AE spamming replace any kind of personal skill.

In general Area of Effect attacks should do about 50% of the damage of similar single target attacks.

That way AE attacks have a role but overall it is a better option to actually work for it and select targets to take out. A change like this would give good players an edge over bad players instead of all just being victims of massive AE spam.
  • s.fulton426eb17_ESO
    If you add a cast time to impulse it will be a weak version of Inhale without the heal.
    If it happens everyone will switch to Inhale instead (dks that is)
    I never use Impulse in PvP I find it weak. There are plenty better alternatives.
    I do use Impulse a lot in PvE since the mobs are stupid enough to crowd me in a large group. Players in PvP are usually not that stupid.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not only a problem in PvP but also in PvE where AE spamming replace any kind of personal skill.

In general Area of Effect attacks should do about 50% of the damage of similar single target attacks.

That way AE attacks have a role but overall it is a better option to actually work for it and select targets to take out. A change like this would give good players an edge over bad players instead of all just being victims of massive AE spam.

why is it a problem in pve, or rather who is it a problem for?

if you think it dont require skill, dont use it, its that SIMPLE

if others use it in pve, they aint hurting you, its that SIMPLE
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fine Krim but the problem is some skills are infinite in their pros with little to no downside...one of those skills is Impulse.

It seems like the only time there is an issue with it is when a group uses it in mass. To the random solo players scattered around i can see how this seems very unfair and overpowered. For me i know how to counter and combat these groups with my own little group and some sorcs
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »

I've seen you in the lowbie camp and all you guys were doing was blob fighting 30 vs 10. So what you are really complaining about is someone else is out playing you and you have to go another camp where you hold dominate numbers to "win". Gotcha.. Keep blobbing son.. BTW there is a HUGE EP blob on the 14day camp, you might have some fun there..

I don't give a f*** about being out played. I was in wabbajack for what was it, 3 months? I got my a** kicked on a regular basis, i cant tell you how many times i got killed by DKs in that campaign, but i did not give a crap, because i actually managed to have some fun. thornblade is NOT fun. its full of lag, queue times, and the blobing is ALOT worse than it was in the good ole days of wabbajack.. i stay in the non-vet because that's the only campaign i have fun in. bow of shadows and hedarous is one sided, thornblade is how i just described it, and a crap ton of EP seemed to have moved to chillrend and completely taken it. I refuse to go there, because i don't like playing one sided crap like that.

i REJOICED when DC and AD pushed EP back in blackwater blade. And i hope the campaign stays the way it is now(or how it was when i logged off last night, one of the alliances could have just nightcapped everything)
    So dont act like you know me, because you don't.

if we could cap keeps in this campaign with out over 30 players, i would happily do it instead. i did it countless times in the "normal" campaigns. but between the keep guards 2 shotting everyone, and the fact that each alliance has to get their entire alliance to defend a keep..... its impossible. im gonna give the new 30 day a shot, if i like it, ill move ther.e I just want to have fun.
    Edited by Cody on August 31, 2014 2:49PM
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Everyone of those abilities is pretty much singlet target (cept for Biting Jabs)

and biting jab is a very tight cone.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone of those abilities is pretty much singlet target (cept for Biting Jabs)

and biting jab is a very tight cone.

indeed. I agree. Impulse needs a nerf to make the game enjoyable.