The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else starting to think Impulse just needs a cast time?

Xsorus
Xsorus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I generally am not in favor of any instant cast PBAE effects in any game...

But if they're not going to flat out remove the AOE caps to get rid of Zerg Balling, can we at least get a Cast time on Impulse?

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if it does a bit less damage.

I was going to reply sensibly, but then I found out this is just another masked AoE cap whine post.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on August 30, 2014 2:28PM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No OP , i dont use it at all myself , but im perfectly fine with how it works right now.
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    I'd be happy if it does a bit less damage.

I was going to reply sensibly, but then I found out this is just another masked AoE cap whine post.

Pretty much.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received word that something is being done about AoE caps. Beyond that i have no idea what the changes will actually be.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    krim wrote: »
    I have received word that something is being done about AoE caps. Beyond that i have no idea what the changes will actually be.
    That 'word' you received was posted in a thread on this very same forum.

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 'word' you received was posted in a thread on this very same forum.

When?
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received word that something is being done about AoE caps.

Yes, Brian Wheeler said there were active discussions going on about AE caps 1 month ago. 1 month. I wonder where those discussions went...

And yes, Impulse should have a cast timer. And maybe make it so that it would cost 50% more magicka if you keep spamming it. Just like Bolt Escape.
    Edited by ThyIronFist on August 30, 2014 3:01PM
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have received word that something is being done about AoE caps.

Yes, Brian Wheeler said there were active discussions going on about AE caps 1 month ago. 1 month. I wonder where those discussions went...

And yes, Impulse should have a cast timer. And maybe make it so that it would cost 50% more magicka if you keep spamming it. Just like Bolt Escape.

Ahh yeah i remember that now. Anyways i heard it again from a voice yesterday.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are probably still discussing/testing/whatever it. A single month is near-nothing in the grand scale of things. Patience.

Edited by Lava_Croft on August 30, 2014 3:36PM
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably still discussing/testing/whatever it. A single month is near-nothing in the grand scale of things. Patience.

Thats what i heard yesterday. Testing
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it needs a cast time. If anything, the range could be decreased a bit. But yea, I'd rather have no or at least increased AoE caps.

rip decibel
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats what i heard yesterday. Testing

Can you post a source or is it all just hearsay?

Who did you hear it from?
    Edited by Lionxoft on August 30, 2014 5:05PM
  • Aminals
    Aminals
    ✭✭✭
    Ehh some sort of diminishing return if it hits the same target consecutively
    Apollos
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another nerf thread...... from a player that probably stand in stupid, and dies from red circles on the ground
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    another nerf thread...... from a player that probably stand in stupid, and dies from red circles on the ground

The hilarious part of your post is the fact that Impulse doesn't leave red circles on the ground... *grin*

• Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    Easiest fix to Impulse: Make it blockable.
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The hilarious part of your post is the fact that Impulse doesn't leave red circles on the ground... *grin*

thats the stand in stupid part of my post,
    the dies from red circles is just everything else
    Edited by Artemiisia on August 30, 2014 6:55PM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re increase my talons range so I don't have to hug the person casting impulse and i wont die to the 20 impulses they cast while hugging them and casting talons.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another "it's fine" response from someone that fists one button to win.

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when I use impulse I roll my keyboard on my forehead tyvm.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

when I use impulse I roll my keyboard on my forehead tyvm.

You're oldschool though. The modern impulsemonkey punches the blap button.

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impulse monkeys need to be broken. Yes, increased cast time and decreased range please. Let's stop the Elder AOEs online, please. What the impulse loving chimps refuse to see is that tons of aoe in close quarters like keeps and towers is a ridiculously stupid mechanic. Yeah, let's all just get out of the way and let the monkeys take or keep the tower with their mindless chimp button.
    Edited by Columba on August 30, 2014 8:14PM
  • h1roshim4_ESO
    h1roshim4_ESO
    ✭✭
    The only way to make PvP in ESO competitive and not just a joke is to enable FFA. ESO PvP is fun for what it is but is there any semblance of being skillful or competitive, no *** way.
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to make PvP in ESO competitive and not just a joke is to enable FFA. ESO PvP is fun for what it is but is there any semblance of being skillful or competitive, no *** way.

That aside, I've said for a long time (even in beta) that Impulse needs a cast time. PbAoE skills are supposed to be high risk, high reward... but Impulse currently is low risk, high reward.

Of course, once the cast time is added, it also needs a slight damage buff.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on August 30, 2014 11:12PM
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool to make it a charging type of ability....You hold down the key, it acts like a channel or cast but the longer you charge it the more magicka it uses and the more damage it does.
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the difference in spamming impulse vs venom arrow spam vs biting jab spam vs lava whip spam vs shield spam.

For one i know they all take extreme skill.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats the difference in spamming impulse vs venom arrow spam vs biting jab spam vs lava whip spam vs shield spam.

Don't forget that Breath of Life spam, Healing springs spam and mutagen spam.. Can't forget the healers on this rant. NERF ALL THE SPAMS!!!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    something needs to be done about it. I play only on the non-vet campaign BECAUSE of those impulse spamming groups. its not fun dealing with it, I dont care if the "elite" guilds do it or not. its lame, and makes the game more frustrating than fun. I myself dont see a problem with impulse having a cast time. heck it would actually make sense. you are sending a powerful wave, or circle, whatever you want to call it, of magical energy all around you. It SHOULD take a second or 2 to build up that energy.
  • krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    something needs to be done about it. I play only on the non-vet campaign BECAUSE of those impulse spamming groups. its not fun dealing with it, I dont care if the "elite" guilds do it or not. its lame, and makes the game more frustrating than fun. I myself dont see a problem with impulse having a cast time. heck it would actually make sense. you are sending a powerful wave, or circle, whatever you want to call it, of magical energy all around you. It SHOULD take a second or 2 to build up that energy.

I am willing to bet that even if what you say were to happen and they add a cast time to impulse. You are still going to end up and stay in the non-vet campaign.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone of those abilities is pretty much singlet target (cept for Biting Jabs)

• Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    I would like it to be a coned burst rather than a 360 degree burst.