The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Patch 1.4.X.

Mumyo
Mumyo
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello Zenimax, ur gamemechanics are completely broken and i would recommend you to fix the corefunctions of the game before u stop vampires from drinking the blood of camels!
In your "CONTENT" patches u mostly fix little graphic bugs or completely irrelevant issues from leveling zones in the early lvl 20s that are very fast forgotten.
Ur endgameplayers (yea they exist) suffer from the completely broken mechanics especially in pvp.

Just for example... the DK talons are completely ignoring any CC rules.
The weaponenchants in terms of burning effects etc. dont work in any way.
Also other classtalents are broken and so is the balance between the different armor types or buildtypes. The pvp players suffer from big bombing zerg who drop the fps of the average computer from 40 to 10. There are now less servers and the only servers are whether completely overfilled and consist of bombingzergs only or are completely empty.

I dont want to be offensive but it would be really smart to get the game out of the betaphase. I speak for many of my friends when i say that i dont care about any landscape colourimprovements. For weeks now i run around in cyrodil with my smaller group and it gets harder and harder to find fights that are not plagued by lags or gamemechanic bugs which suffer from stupid maths. It's also not funny to die out of nothing having full health because of any issues that got into the game with ur PATCH 1.2.x or 1.3.x.
Actually the pvp runs worse than in betaphase of the game. Ur stresstests back then had better performances.

The comming fixes mentioned in ur "Content" patch are mostly bugfixes which should usually be introduced to the game via overnight hotfix.

At this point i realise that i spent too much time playing computer and i should get some distance because im really stressed by this.

If people won't agree with this i might try to critisize my behaviour but i think its just logic that im disappointed as pvper when big bugs like the weaponproccs do not work for a long time now and are not mentioned in the 1.4.X patchnotes- instead i read from vampires and camels or muddcrab colours.

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with some of your points, but I want to point out that as of 1.3.5 I have personally tested the disease enchant's heal debuff for example by using a resource guard mender and it absolutely, 100% works (~430 heal/tick on its channel vs ~310-320 with the debuff active). Additionally the performance has gotten better for me over time, in even the absolute largest of zergsmashing I drop to a bare minimum (and I've never seen lower) of 25-30fps, vs. 8-10fps in the past, so long as my GPU isn't the bottleneck from having my settings too high (much of the game is gpu-bound but cyrodiil and cities rely on the cpu to an extreme level).

As far as the content patch, a half of a whole zone with tons of delves, a brand new much better done raid, and the 10-stage 5-wave/stage (1 boss/stage) pve arena is a lot of content, in addition to the nirnhoned trait and other fixes. I'll tell you what though, I'm ready as much as you are for the Imperial City and hopefully a pvp progression/rewards revamp to bring us in line with DAOC :D.

EDIT: The mender guard is actually what I was testing then killed, and then decided "well I guess I'm already here..." and punched my video recording key for this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcB-RIwSrU
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 30, 2014 2:48AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as i know the debuff only works for staves under circumstances but not for any meleeweapon.
  • trustcotraptb14_ESO
    I agree with some of your points, but I want to point out that as of 1.3.5 I have personally tested the disease enchant's heal debuff for example by using a resource guard mender and it absolutely, 100% works (~430 heal/tick on its channel vs ~310-320 with the debuff active).

Testing the disease proc on a NPC does nothing for us who actually fight other players.

You need to test it on a player for an accurate test.
    Edited by trustcotraptb14_ESO on August 30, 2014 9:10PM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with some of your points, but I want to point out that as of 1.3.5 I have personally tested the disease enchant's heal debuff for example by using a resource guard mender and it absolutely, 100% works (~430 heal/tick on its channel vs ~310-320 with the debuff active).

Testing the disease proc on a NPC does nothing for us who actually fight other players.

[.b]You need to test it on a player for an accurate test.[/b]

There's no reason to assume it would be bugged only on other players when the supposed rumor is that it doesn't work period. I highly encourage you to test it yourself if you are concerned of it only breaking under specific circumstances like that.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    As far as i know the debuff only works for staves under circumstances but not for any meleeweapon.

I'll do the same test with a sword shortly but it would be a very odd one if it is bugged for all but one weapon type somehow :). Again though, has anyone actually tested this or is it all based on forum rumor and conjecture being repeated over and over?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 30, 2014 10:14PM

✭✭✭✭✭
    friends of mine tested it for meleeweapons. It doesn't work ! Damage procc is all that comes.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Programming here was very very strange. I'd love to read some lines of that calculations in the programm.
    From what i know is that destrostaves can make it procc due to some attacks of it.
    Edited by Mumyo on August 31, 2014 11:22AM
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Without going into details about what is buged in the game I tend to agree that there are many annoying bugs in PvP that has to get higher priority to be fixed.

Having bugs in PvP is allot more frustrating to encounter then in PvE for an example. Because PvP is a highly competitive, stressful or should I say fast pasted game play environment. For an example: When you get in a situation where you're team is evenly matched and it's up in the air who is going to win the fight over an important resource and to crown a new emperor. You have been working hard for this during the last 10 hours, wading through blood sweat and tears and feel both physically and mentally exhausted and suddenly you see a opening in there defense and start to....... *crash* The game freezes up and 3 sec later it crash. Or the game suddenly drops down to 3 FPS and you are forced to reboot the game client. Or some other stupid bug that makes you fail.... Moments like that can happens in any game. But when it happens to you every *** single day. It starts to make you want to quit playing the game if all you want to do in the game is PvP.

Luckily for me though I like both PvE and PvP but many in my PvP guild have started to get tiered of having to deal with crashes every single day. And its even more frustrating when the CSR tell them its there hardware that makes the game crash when we all crashes at the same time having different hardware setups and having premium built hardcore gaming PC's. So step one is to stop your SCR team to come up with BS answers and treat us subscribers as idiots. That just make your costumers angry. Secondly understand that bugs in PvP is allot more frustrating then in PvE as PvP is a more stressful and competitive environment to play in.