The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ability Altering Weapon Enchantments

Kewljag_66_ESO
Kewljag_66_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone gotten one of these yet?, Can you please post a pic or the exact info of what it says. Id really like to see them all but mainly the Poision Arrow one the most.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone...
  • Richard.A.Ferrellub17_ESO
    I think people are still struggling to conquer the new trial and Dragonstar Arena, the only place these weapons drop. It may be a couple weeks until we see pictures floating around.
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    Someone posted this on the Dragonstar Arena Challenge thread somewhat recently.

qxwp5gu9vpgr.png

Do we have any pictures of the Grand Healing Restoration Staff? I'm super psyched to find out the specifics of it!
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are still struggling to conquer the new trial and Dragonstar Arena, the only place these weapons drop. It may be a couple weeks until we see pictures floating around.

Nope it's not the only place it drops. You will also be able to obtain this weapons through PvP by placing high on the leader boards.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Illumous wrote: »

qxwp5gu9vpgr.png

Do we have any pictures of the Grand Healing Restoration Staff? I'm super psyched to find out the specifics of it!

Ei79Yl1.jpg

This is from normal mode but looks to be the same except for the quality of the items.
  • Illumous
    Illumous
    ✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    Ei79Yl1.jpg

This is from normal mode but looks to be the same except for the quality of the items.

Aw man... Really Zeni? Only 23 Stamina and only on the first tick... Sharpened instead of Precise... Lost all incentive to go out and look for this one. :|
    Sol-Illumous | Breton Templar | Mag Support/Healer | EP
    Sol-Ventus | Imperial Templar | Stam DPS | EP
    Famìne | Argonian Templar | Mag Support/Healer | DC
    NA Azura's Star (PC) - WCFC (Myrmidons) & Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »
    Illumous wrote: »

qxwp5gu9vpgr.png

Ei79Yl1.jpg

...Seriously?

Hardmode is the same items, except one quality lower (because it is so difficult to come across 8 Dreugh Wax/Tempering Alloy/Rosin)?

Disappointed.
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    That is what it is disappointing? How about the traits...unless they are random and you can get more than 1 trait.

Master's sword - Sharpened
    Master's Restoration staff -Sharpened
    Master's Inferno staff - Charged
    Master's Ice staff - Defending
    Master's Dagger - Defending (WTFFF)

The other part is the balance behind the abilities and I don't mean from a PvE perspective. In PvP you can spam Puncture. They gave one of the most damaging spammable stamina abilities to be able to heal for 207 HPs.....They gave a spammable non DoT ability +78 damage and reduced cost. Yet they gave Master's dagger a feeble +24 damage per tick on a DoT ability which means an effective 12 DPS. In order for this to be effective it should have been a 40-50DPS boost at least. Even if you consider using 2 of those daggers and IF they stack it is still a 24DPS boost for the loss of 2 set bonuses and other enchant effects?

Can someone explain how this is balanced especially from a PvP perspective?
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Archers Mind : Well fitted !!!!! WTF
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we can conclude that whoever is on charge of the itemization needs to do a lot better job...

Using the Master's Dagger would actually result in DPS loss in both PvE & PvP, as you'd have to sacrifice your normal damaging/armor reducing enchantment in order to get aforementioned 12DPS. Also the defending trait...

I don't know what to say :/
    Edited by DDuke on September 5, 2014 1:04PM
  • Shiall
    Shiall
    ✭✭
    More items to salvage...nice.
    P.S. I have no idea why they creating all this trash loot with useless traits and/or with mushroom set bonuses.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

The traits on these items make them pretty worthless IMO like most dropped sets. They either need to allow us to change traits or make them random.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hoped for some Stamina love with the altered Grand Healing but giving out 23 Stamina only and that for a 3 second duration Heal is somewhat stupid.

I hoped their would be at least 100 Stamina for every tick of Grand Healing...

23 Stamina is 1/10 of the Skillcost from one flying dagger.
    Edited by Kego on September 5, 2014 2:08PM
  • Shiall
    Shiall
    ✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    I hoped their would be at least 100 Stamina for every tick of Grand Healing...
    Infinite stamina for AoE trains in PvP? Good idea!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like a dev post on what their itemization goal/vision is. I really want to understand the logic behind placing garbage traits on endgame items.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would really like a dev post on what their itemization goal/vision is. I really want to understand the logic behind placing garbage traits on endgame items.

100% This.

It seems to me that their team responsible of itemization is totally out of touch with the playerbase / haven't been informed about the concerns.

Why else repeat what happened with Crypt of Hearts? Most people run that dungeon only once to get the achievements, and then never touch it again (because there is no reason to, gearwise). If changes aren't made, all that effort made into creating Dragonstar Arena will be wasted, since people will have no reason of running it (except for the achievements).

We were promised "seasonal gear" a while ago (main reason that brought me back from my one month hiatus from the game), which hints at some kind of gear progression atleast.

Several questions that require answers:

a) What is the status with the "seasonal gear"? Will we be able to see some kind of gear progression at some point?

b) What is the reason behind "Exploration" and similar traits on VR13-14 loot from difficult end-game content? Isn't that gear supposed to be the strongest gear available to players?

c) Why are lower level item-sets simply being recycled for end-game content instead of creating new sets with interesting new bonuses? What's the deal with hardmode providing same gear as normal mode?

Would really appreciate answers.
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    answer: zos refuses to hire a good player to advise them on the smartest changes to make so their game will eventually fail
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone find the 2 hander yet?
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »

This is what I'm waiting for too. 2H is in desperate need of a real spammable aoe move, and I still have hope that this might be their weird way of fixing it. Then again, looking at the other gear, probably not.
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what I'm waiting for too. 2H is in desperate need of a real spammable aoe move, and I still have hope that this might be their weird way of fixing it. Then again, looking at the other gear, probably not.

Both morphs of cleave are awesome for that right now, just no one tries or knows about them.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grand healing should have at least been 10 stamina a tick.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

Both morphs of cleave are awesome for that right now, just no one tries or knows about them.

This, I love my carve morph, does respectable damage too. Only problem is the area affected is a bit small, the range isn't god awful but at least a little low, but the real problem is the frontal arc rather than pbaoe.

Unfortunately, pbaoes don't seem to give up any effectiveness by being pbaoes, and therefore seem superior in the long run to me. But that's really besides the point, cleave+morphs is pretty good right now.

People just see the dot and therefore are turned off from spamming it, methinks, and rightfully so imo. Personally I hate when people use or are forced to use insta damage+dot abilities like venom arrow and cleave to spam, it makes my ocd hurt. :)
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    I think we can conclude that whoever is on charge of the itemization needs to do a lot better job...

Using the Master's Dagger would actually result in DPS loss in both PvE & PvP, as you'd have to sacrifice your normal damaging/armor reducing enchantment in order to get aforementioned 12DPS. Also the defending trait...

Most dropped and PvP sets have this same philosophy. "Let's make them Such that they look really cool but if they think a second most people will decide they suck". Example Wrath of the imperium. A set for critical based Destro users that has attack speed on the most popular crit based Destro staff. Maybe it would have been OP if it had crit on the inferno staff but now it is useless,
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those master weapons don't look worth the time to collect, or use. Every one of those enchantments should simply be another morph route or simply added to existing morphs for the skills in question.
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

Most dropped and PvP sets have this same philosophy. "Let's make them Such that they look really cool but if they think a second most people will decide they suck". Example Wrath of the imperium. A set for critical based Destro users that has attack speed on the most popular crit based Destro staff. Maybe it would have been OP if it had crit on the inferno staff but now it is useless,

not to mention health on the rings instead of magicka, and the same amount of health as you would have gotten magicka not even 150% lmao
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    Having completed Hardmode Dragonstar Arena I can confirm the time and effort it takes to complete the trial is not worth the drops for the weapons at all. The traits are all wrong and many of the enchantments are worthless.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Random Stats are okay but their should be a way to change Enchants and Glyphs through crafters, as well as in PvE their should never ever drop Legendary Gear. That as well should only be possible to update via crafting.

The Day, PvE Drops will be BIS without crafting is the day, Crafting will die instantly.
    Edited by Kego on September 9, 2014 8:16AM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    Random Stats are okay but their should be a way to change Enchants and Glyphs through crafters, as well as in PvE their should never ever drop Legendary Gear. That as well should only be possible to update via crafting.

The Day, PvE Drops will be BIS without crafting is the day, Crafting will die instantly.

Honestly, crafting is far too powerful in this game as-is... when 90% of the best gear can be bought for gold and earned with no skill involved, just time spent grinding some cash... there's a big problem with the rewards system as a whole. Enchants and glyphs already can be changed on drops. :)
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on September 9, 2014 11:07AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, thats new to me, that skill is involved with completing Trails.
    And I don't have a problem with the reward system. I want a world where I can live and feel the adventure and not the work with stupid Raid Item Grinds ever week, 2-4 days for 3-4 hours each. (I have enough work every week with my 9h/d)

That sucks so hard and I would leave at once, if this will ever be the way, ESO moves.

Edited by Kego on September 9, 2014 11:58AM