Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lethal Arrow

Goibot
Goibot
✭✭✭
After a quick search I found a bunch of threads reporting Lethal Arrow hitting harder than most ultimate's in pvp, even saw one from the PTS notes. But I didn't see any comments from any dev. Have been getting nailed by it for 1,500+ repeatedly today.

ZOS, is this working as intended?
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently so. You're suppose to be able to hit at least 1700+, reduce 50% healing taken and cc someone, if you manage to find that tricky sneak button.

Why Snipe is being buffed on PTS, is one of the greater mysteries of Tamriel (or ZoS dev team). I personally think that skill belongs in the FotM shitdump as Impulse, Bat Swarm and Soul Assault.

Guess we should be thankful that they aren't class skills at least. Everyone is free to abuse the hell out of it. Only issue is of course that certain classes have better synergy with bow, vampire, destro etc.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    This might explain why I've suddenly been having a lot more luck in PvP. I leveled my bow up to 50 in PvE, then took it into PvP with Lethal Arrow on my bar; and so far it's been a winner.

If they don't die for the initial hit, they get sorted out a couple of regular shots later.

It adds a little bit more realism to the battles I guess. People should fear being swarmed with arrows when approaching a keep. It also takes a long time to wind up.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The high damage output of Lethal Arrow is a bug we're currently investigating.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • FernCar
    FernCar
    ✭✭

Sigh! Another great skill being nerfed.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goibot wrote: »
    After a quick search I found a bunch of threads reporting Lethal Arrow hitting harder than most ultimate's in pvp, even saw one from the PTS notes. But I didn't see any comments from any dev. Have been getting nailed by it for 1,500+ repeatedly today.

Are you wearing impen? Could be crits. I don't doubt it's a bug though.
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Are you wearing impen? Could be crits. I don't doubt it's a bug though.

Seems it is. Darn it.

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bug?

You're supposed to deal high damage with Snipe... (even the skill name should imply that), critting 1,5k+ from stealth doesn't one shot anyone and if you're fast enough you can break out of the CC before any additional damage is done. Out of stealth this damage is only around 1,2-1,3k, dealing similar damage to Crystal Shards while having longer cast time, minimum range and no chance for insta-cast afterwards

If anything, it should deal even more damage. In PvE, this skill will continue to be useless at its current state, as 2 second cast, 1,2-1,3k~ dmg if crits = 600~DPS if you crit all the time.

Nerfing this skill would make it absolutely useless in PvP as well.
    Edited by DDuke on August 27, 2014 3:32PM
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FernCar wrote: »

Not getting nerfed. There's just a bug right now that is artificially inflating bow damage beyond what it should be.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just made improvements to the bow line and made it viable. Now they are going to nerf it? They say it's a bug but I don't buy it.
    :trollin:
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just made improvements to the bow line and made it viable. Now they are going to nerf it? They say it's a bug but I don't buy it.

Did you miss all the reports of 17-34k damage? You really think that's reasonable?
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Rallick71
    Rallick71
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Out of stealth this damage is only around 1,2-1,3k, dealing similar damage to Crystal Shards while having longer cast time, minimum range and no chance for insta-cast afterwards

I love people who spew this type of stuff.

1 - Crystal Shards doesn't hit for 1.2-1.3k. I'd LOVE to hit that hard. I'm VERY lucky (low level player) to ever get over 1k. Add in Inpenetrable and I'll do around 500-600.

2 - Crystal Shards can NOT proc an instant Crystal Shards. It has to be from a different ability.

It gets very old getting hit for 1.5k - 2.1k Leathal Arrows. And yes I see it a LOT!!!
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_AmeliaR thank you for answering.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rallick71 wrote: »
    Out of stealth this damage is only around 1,2-1,3k, dealing similar damage to Crystal Shards while having longer cast time, minimum range and no chance for insta-cast afterwards

1 - Crystal Shards doesn't hit for 1.2-1.3k. I'd LOVE to hit that hard. I'm VERY lucky (low level player) to ever get over 1k. Add in Inpenetrable and I'll do around 500-600.

2 - Crystal Shards can NOT proc an instant Crystal Shards. It has to be from a different ability.

It gets very old getting hit for 1.5k - 2.1k Leathal Arrows. And yes I see it a LOT!!!

I've been hit multiple times by 1-1,3k crit with crystal shards, in fact it has higher base dmg than Lethal Arrow afaik. The only time Lethal Arrow can hit harder, is from out of stealth.

Also, to negate 1,5-1,7k crits from Lethal Arrow, I suggest you get some more armor/impenetrable and start blocking if you get NB mark on you. (Note: werewolves also take 50% more damage from it)

If Lethal Arrow really was broken somehow, we'd see people pulling off 1k+ DPS using it.

As for the skill causing 17-34k dmg, that sounds like a bug :P
    Edited by DDuke on August 27, 2014 6:02PM
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Another one of these threads. How about using impenetrable on armor? How about not using all light armor, because you thought you could spam your class abilities like blazing shield, green dragon blood, and other ridiculously over powered survival class skills from all classes infinitely with impunity. Nothing wrong with the ability IMO. I have yet to get hit over 1k from a lethal arrow that is executed from a sneak with a crit and even being marked.

Additionally no one thinks about mark target or expert hunter where there is great synergy with this bow skill. L2P. Lastly don't play in Cyrodil without impenetrable traits where everyone in their mother is focusing on crit.
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭

If you are getting hit for 1500+ like you claim, you need to take off the light armor and you need to start to using impenetrable on armor. I'm sorry to tell you, but, I can bet anything this is the issue. I can hit people for 1500+ when they are using the set up I describe, anyone else, not even close, this is not a bug.

@ZOS_AmeliaR - This has nothing to do with the scaling bug, or he will be getting hit for 11k, not 1.5k.... 1500 lethal arrow hit is normal....

• Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    FernCar wrote: »

Sigh? More like, Hurry up, and find all these other great spells and nerf them too.

Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • KindDevil
    KindDevil
    Soul Shriven
    Please don`t nerf Lethal Arrow because glass cannons with low HP and vampire skill line active are getting snipped and killed. I use Camouflaged Hunter and lethal arrow and those vampires are so easy to kill.

VR12 with high pvp ranks but with only around 2.4k HP should be ignored. :disappointed:
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Since we made this change on Monday, has anyone experienced Lethal Arrow doing significantly more damage than seems intended?
    • Fixed an issue where some buffs were stacking multiple times, and in some situations could become permanently stuck until you log out, causing you to deal drastically more damage than intended.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since we made this change on Monday, has anyone experienced Lethal Arrow doing significantly more damage than seems intended?
    • Fixed an issue where some buffs were stacking multiple times, and in some situations could become permanently stuck until you log out, causing you to deal drastically more damage than intended.

No I, at all, but like previously said on this thread, the person compliant is not valid, as he got a regular hit not an upscaling hit
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭

I guess it depends on what you are considering "significant more". I am still getting hit around 1,800 from this. Yes I am in 5/cloth 2/heavy but use bound armor as well and have Impenatrable trait on armor V11. I have never been hit this hard by a player and it not be an ultimate before.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is this working as intended?

• Beldorr
    Beldorr
    ✭✭✭

I guess it depends on what you are considering "significant more". I am still getting hit around 1,800 from this. Yes I am in 5/cloth 2/heavy but use bound armor as well and have Impenatrable trait on armor V11. I have never been hit this hard by a player and it not be an ultimate before.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is this working as intended?

Screen shots would go a long way to validate this. Impen doesn't help you against 100% chance criticals such as critical charge and sneak attacks.

There a combat logging addons such as battle log that will also validate your 1,800 hits claim from this.

• Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭

1500 dmg, where all can use class dmg shields and tanking abilities EXEPT OFC NBS. So if you pvping, and not in stealth, pop a DMG SHIELD. It will mitigate ALL or MOST of it and you will be on 90% health at least. so.... 1.5k is crap dmg....

Example of shield and shield stacking THX FOR ZOS....

youtube.com/watch?v=cMzUdCzamb0

OR when you eat an 1.8k one, and i guess you have at least 2.5k health, you POP A DMG SHIELD, then a HEAL and you get extra HP and type /lol to the archer.
    So again even 1.8k is crap dmg. THX ZENIMAX

If you are NB and eat one, just die. cloak will probably fail anyway. dont bother much. You dont have shield or even average selfheal to pop.

PS.: Break stun ASAP...
    Edited by Kypho on August 30, 2014 4:21PM
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    Rallick71 wrote: »

Glass cannons will get hit like that. I've been hit for 1.2-1.3 by crystal frags before several times as well(I have over 5 gear pieces with impen trait). Anecdotal stories are nice we can sit around a fire and talk about all the pvp deaths we've had sometime. I think the damage is right considering my snipe(focus aim in my case) reads that it does 950 damage and adds ranged damage to the target. With all my passives that increase damage and having armor and Spell Pen I don't think 1.8-2.x crits are bugged.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
  • JonzzLonewolf
    JonzzLonewolf
    ✭✭
    A 1.1k-1.5k damage on a lethal arrow, with all possible stealth bonus, positioning, buffs etc is pretty normal on anyone stacking impenetrable.

A 1.6k-1.9k damage will be against someone with no impenetrable on, or in some cases, you're just pretty unlucky that the few percentage of crit chance actually procs against you.

Personally i feel that 2k is the rough damage ceiling for a particular skill. Not including DoTs as those can stack pretty high on the death recap. I use a stamina bow build too, and I've been hit by a 2.4k Lethal Arrow myself, which i ended up chuckling at how ridiculous it was. But life goes on.

And in other news, NB bow build is meh. WTB stamina bow DK & Sorc plox.
    Edited by JonzzLonewolf on August 30, 2014 4:54PM
  • Badea
    Badea
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't seen the major damage bug lately but there is another problem with Lethal Arrow. I'm a NB and I can't figure out how other players are hitting me with Lethal Arrow while I am in melee with them. I attack from stealth, in melee range, and the next thing I know, I'm hit twice with Lethal Arrow. How are they doing that?
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, yeah make sure that people spell's resistance actually matters when defending against a weapon skill, wouldn't want those light armoured wearers to pay a price for what they're using and give those pesky stamina/weapons users the ability to be competitive.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get around 1400 from lethal arrow if i attack a soft target from stealth, and from behind(and he is not blocking and does not have any shields up).

That's normal damage for a sneak attack with a hard-hitting skill - if you use wrecking blow from stealth and from behind the damage will be even higher.
    Edited by Sharee on September 9, 2014 5:56AM
  • Haelm
    Haelm
    Soul Shriven
    I don't use Lethal Arrow as its just to annoyingly slow, but anybody setup with max weapon damage, max stam, lots of bonus crit damage out of stealth is going to smash a marked clothy for nearly 2k I would think.
    Already had a sorc complain I hit him for 1.2k+ with a heavy hit :). but like spec'd above if I hit him in the back out of stealth its a guaranteed crit so even un marked I have seen 1700+, but usually 1200 - 1500.
    This all comes with disadvantages of positioning and if I don't stay at ranged I get owned, but the style of game play works for me, "Notably I can't kill anyone that puts up a damage shield or breaks stun and heals", and I get hit by 1k shots and bat swarm and soul assault and all the rest.
    Play the way you like and take the good with the bad.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tink the problem is not in lethal arrow (with my full medium melee templar i can crit 1.2k and i'm lv 30...) you know my build is intended to work as a glass cannon so if you hit me i will die in 10 sec even as a templar so if someone hit you with 1.7-2k arrow if you find him you erease him .
    the problem is the follow up attaks.... so a lethal arrow if heavy critted it stuns you and after that come 10 poison-light attak animation cancel that kills you instantly
    So for me is not a good melee skill the problem but again the animation cancel..
    Signature

• Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    i tink the problem is not in lethal arrow (with my full medium melee templar i can crit 1.2k and i'm lv 30...) you know my build is intended to work as a glass cannon so if you hit me i will die in 10 sec even as a templar so if someone hit you with 1.7-2k arrow if you find him you erease him .
    the problem is the follow up attaks.... so a lethal arrow if heavy critted it stuns you and after that come 10 poison-light attak animation cancel that kills you instantly
    So for me is not a good melee skill the problem but again the animation cancel..

You can break the stun though. If you don't have stamina then they were opportunistic. Are people saying they never wanna die to a well positioned sneak attack? For every one person I kill with a snipe sneak attack 4 others break it and Stealth or bubble/heal right afterwards and I engage them in melee or continue to stealth and bow them if able. So I'd rather see snare stun unbreakable fixed since this makes me vulnerable to attacks with or without stamina.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign