The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Deconstructing Heavy Armor/Weapons Rarely Drops Tempers post 1.3.3

universe555
universe555
✭✭
What did they do to this?!?!
  • luke.glanfordrwb17_ESO
    I noticed this too.
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I don't see it. I've got more green and blue tempers than I can use. I don't deconstruct dropped/reward purples. I even get tempers deconstructing my own crafted blues and purples.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afaik what you get from Deconstruction is based on relative level.
    A Vet trying to decon a Level 1 gear will not get much material - neither basic material nor improovement mats.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been dropping consistently on my end, though I've gotten far fewer blacksmithing items to decon in the first place lately.
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any of the Extraction Passives? Because I am getting lots of extra goodies. I also notice the Hirelings are more productive.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    A Vet trying to decon a Level 1 gear will not get much material - neither basic material nor improovement mats.

Mmmm, no. Not true. Depends on the crafting level and the decon passives, as well as the extraction passives. I get plenty of improvement mats refining, for instance, rawhide.

The zero-value found stuff drops nothing for nobody. Just gives minimal inspiration, that's all, and that is, as always, dependant on the level of the gear, not the level of the crafter.
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that recently my success rate with deconstructing Blue/Green items on my Blacksmith has dropped. Obviously this is subjective and my sample size of maybe 100 items total since that patch is too small to be truly statistically valid. I buy up reasonably priced Blue items off the Guild store and decon them for mats but my returns recently have me loosing money so I may stop that entirely.

Before 1.3 I would have guessed my success rate on decon of blue items was about 75%+ with maxxed passives. By success I mean getting a blue upgrade item back. It now is closer to 30-50% - once again subjective as I haven't tracked this.

I wasn't sure if I was just the RNG's whipping boy or if a change has been made. I asked in /guild over the weekend and was assured by other crafters they hadn't noticed a difference so perhaps the RNG has it's target sites set on you as well.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Even before 1.3 I never, ever got 75% drop on Dwarven Oil. I regularly would raid four guild stores and buy every heavy blue that was selling for 250g old less. I would often have eight or nine of these and I could only count on getting four Dwarven Oil. I had max passives, I did not implement this strategy until after I had the max passives.
    But it should be noted that the RNG hates me and has hated me since early release. I see people in zone constantly crow about how their two mining hirelings give them six alloys per week.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • subbssb14_ESO
    zgrssd wrote: »

I know that might make sense to you because of how you gain less/zero experience for quests and such when you are higher level than the content, but that is not how crafting works.

It's actually the opposite, it doesn't matter what level you are, but what tier crafting you have unlocked, and the higher tier crafting you are the *easier* it is to get mats back from lower tier items through deconstruction. The passives for extraction also make a big difference on top of that. For example with my clothing at tier 9 and extraction passive at max, if I decon a level 10 blue item, I have a very high probability to receive the embroidery back, almost guaranteed. So while yes, deconing high level items gives you more inspiration, you will get less improvement resins back from those items unless you are already high tier in that craft.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks the same to me. I don't think you can make any definitive answer unless you keep track of your next 1000 decons. :)

Personally I'm not going to bother, unless someone can make an addon to automate the data collection.