The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Level 10 Provisioning Recipes

mqlaurenceb14_ESO
mqlaurenceb14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have an Alt that I'm leveling Provisioning on and I'm not looting any recipe from the level 10 tier.

I originally tried looting at level 10 thinking logically i'd receive recipes for my level, and have even leveled to 11 but I'm still only looting recipes of the level 5 tier. I've tried multiple zones but as mentioned in another post, it seems recipes are based off your character's level, not the zone (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/91832/lower-level-provisioning-recipes).

Am I the only one experiencing this problem, or is there something I'm overlooking?
  • Isibis
    Isibis
    ✭✭✭
    Try getting to 12. They are based on level, but you actually have a pretty slim chance of finding one (and the mats) at lvl 10.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    My recipe farming toon is lvl 13 and he is doing OK at getting lvl 10 recipes and has even popped a couple lvl 15. He still mostly gets lvl 5 but I'd say one-sixth are lvl 10 or lvl 15.
    What I havent gotten are any lvl 10 blues.
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here, my main provisioner cant make hardly any low level recipes due to lack of mats tho I farmed with low level alts in starter zones. I was forced to make a lvl 5 food and buy the rest. which totally rots and makes me feel like i wasted my time bothering
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing March 31. My toon basically ate lvl 5 green food all the way to lvl 20. I was Covenant and Bear Haunch never seemed to drop and I never found Mutton recipes until I was rich and could buy them from guild stores.
    I certainly had no problem whatsoever plowing my way through to lvl 20. I did concentrate on getting Exploration gear and scouring each zone. I was always three levels above the quests in both gear and actual level.
    The level 10/level 15 problem has been known and acknowledged by ZoS since very early in the game. However since no one actually needs food to complete those zones, there has been no fix.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, just went through this with an alt (two actually). Level 12 sounds about right for getting more level 10 recipes ...

Btw., all you need to get provisioning to 50 early on is improvement rank 2 and the recipes and mats to go with it.

I got both my alts to 50 in provisioning when they were level 14.
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on August 12, 2014 8:18PM
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    All my provisioning mules are level 4.
    Two of them I made use of the ubiquity of lvl 35 mats my main was finding and they were very easy to level to max. I then respeced them to release the points from Recipe Improvement and started them on other crafts.
    One toon was experimental. I acquired all three Plump Worm recipes over time and gave them to him. I then cooked nothing but Plump Worms. I used 150 thin broth, 150 meal and 80 drippings and got all the way to provisioning 38, unlocking the max hireling.
    Then that toon turned around and deconstructed his way to Blacksmithing 32 and unlocked max hireling in that skill. This toon has never swung a sword or cast a spell. He got his skill points from teleporting to guildies and running to skyshards. Even if you die at lvl 4, you automatically resurrect on the spot without a soul gem.
    He's been one-shotted by skeevers in The Rift. He was once murdered four times in a row on his way to a skyshard. It was hilarious.
  • mqlaurenceb14_ESO
    mqlaurenceb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sweet, thanks for the advice; level 12 it is then :)

I've been raiding guild stores on the two trade guilds i'm in and have accumulated quite a few recipes, I just didn't want to grind out level 5 consumables to get to lvl 20 prov ;)

Thanks again.