The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lower level provisioning recipes?

Xithian
Xithian
✭✭✭
I'm currently Vet 2. I hit level 50 provisioning before level 20 (that skill levels waaaay to easy). I shelved it for a long time, but I now have access to a guild bank and have been making potions for my guild. I'm trying to add food to the list but...since I wasn't farming all of the clickies for provisioning for so long I now have all normal recipes until you get to level 50+ things.

I have tried going back to lower zones, but even in a level 10 area I find level 50+ recipes. Is there any way to get recipes that you missed other than buying them from a lower level player?
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to buy them from people, or roll an alt, skip the tutorial & start looting town. The drops for recipes are dependent on your character level
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
    Options
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I farmed recipes for quite a while at V1 and I still never got the level 50 blue ones. I can't make good food for my level because the V5 recipes are all that will drop for me now.

I know they didn't want all of the lowbies getting endgame food recipes, but I don't know why they had to keep high level people from having access to lower level recipes.
    Options
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP, join a guild. I saw a ton of these low level recipes on the AH at first release.

Another option is to spam lowbie zones. Offer 50 gold for any low level recipe you don't have. Within 20 minutes you should have every one that a lowbie character can get his / her hands on.
    Options
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still a major problem. Why can't they make recipes drop for the level of the area instead of the level of the character even before they do a complete revamp of provisioning?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why?

I ran my L20 character to Rawl'kha and he is getting rank 2 recipe drops.
    My Templar hit L46, I forgot to do some looting of containers before leveling up, now I all I get is L50 recipes. One little mistake and I can no longer loot L45 recipes.

All my VR characters are getting L50 recipes no matter what low level zone I go to.

Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Why must provisioning be so frustrating right now?
    Options
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that instead of spamming why over and over that you buy them off the guild stores and just make do with what you have for now. They are revamping a lot and I'm sure this is already noted.

Most of the blue and purple recipes are easier to obtain than before with the exception of blue level 10 and 15 recipes. From testing and sources, those can literally take almost a day to pick up even if you constantly farm recipes at the ideal level of 12 for this bracket.
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
    Options
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to buy from the guild stores for this item, I want to find it.
    I don't want to level a character specifically just to find one level range of provisioning recipes each and every time I need a specific level range of recipes.

Especially if I want a shot at finding epic(purple) recipes.

This has talked about and never fixed for months. Months!
    Edited by Gillysan on October 18, 2014 10:41PM
    Options
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gillysan wrote: »
    I don't want to buy from the guild stores for this item, I want to find it.
    I don't want to level a character specifically just to find one level range of provisioning recipes each and every time I need a specific level range of recipes.

Especially if I want a shot at finding epic(purple) recipes.

This has talked about and never fixed for months. Months!

Unfortunately, I've found that finding recipes depends on the updates not screwing the system up too much. At the first regional level and before v1.4, they somehow set it up so that the green L10/L15 recipes were harder to find than any blue items. I spent weeks hunting for a dragon sap recipe and a Scuttle Recipe, keeping one character at L15, which was very frustrating. It's better to buy from a guild if they have the recipe available.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @Gillysan: I couldn't agree more that it shouldn't work that way and should be fixed. However the speed at which issues like this have been fixed in this game is painfully slow. So you can either be bummed out about it, or move on and work within the limitations that exist.

My goal was to have all 352 recipes on a single character before the Provisioning revamp. I was worried for a while, but now think it's not going to be a problem at this point. I'm just over 300 recipes now. Still missing a few in the lvl 10-15 range with 6 alts in all 3 factions from lvl 12 to lvl 15 hitting up furniture, backpacks & urns every day. The remainder of those I'm missing are purples I either can't find or afford.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options