Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Lethal Arrow borked to hell - 34,100 damage in a single shot

Dleatherus
Dleatherus
✭✭✭✭✭
since the patch:

ce37b78056.jpg

5fb7a68980.jpg

devs need to take a good look at this

name left in so they know who to contact since it might be an honest glitch, even though we've experienced 'creative' death recaps from this particular gentleman before

D.

Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got light attacked for 8800 last night from a bow, and multiple people in my group died to ~3k Poison Injections.

Obviously ZOS didn't fix it with the patch this morning, and the same people are still exploiting it.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they rebroke the scalding rune TGM exploit when they messed with it this patch.
    Edited by Armitas on August 11, 2014 6:50PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    since the patch:

ce37b78056.jpg

5fb7a68980.jpg

name left in so they know who to contact since it might be an honest glitch, even though we've experienced 'creative' death recaps from this particular gentleman before

D.

Happened several times to me yesterday, sad to see its still a problem. No idea if its a bug or actually an exploit, but the two times it happened to me yesterday it was by the same person in completely different fights hours apart.... like I said it could be either, but man its getting ridiculous.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    am not going to say anything because i might get banned due to the naming and shaming policy

not saying it's the case in this post with this particular individual

i will say it's usually the same ridiculous damage coming from the same individuals who continuously exploit this and other game mechanics/glitches

sad state of affairs when those individuals are still playing and laughing whilst those trying to bring it to attention have to be concerned about being banned

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on August 11, 2014 6:57PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Huntler wrote: »
    since the patch:

ce37b78056.jpg

5fb7a68980.jpg

D.

Happened several times to me yesterday, sad to see its still a problem. No idea if its a bug or actually an exploit, but the two times it happened to me yesterday it was by the same person in completely different fights hours apart.... like I said it could be either, but man its getting ridiculous.
    We're actively working on fixing what's causing this to happen. That said, if there's a player that you feel is exploiting the issue, please report them in-game and our Customer Support team will take a look and determine if any action is necessary. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5fb7a68980.jpg

OP is just mad his sweetroll got stolen.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf that Xing Ling guy. He's way OP
    EU | PC | AD
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm all for bows being more useful in pvp and even pve but this is just a stupid amount of damage. I have been hit in pvp by Lethal Arrow a few times that was around 13-15,000 damage... not by that player though. Hopefully ZOS gets on this fast and figures out how players can get that high damage and fixes it.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    I got light attacked for 8800 last night from a bow, and multiple people in my group died to ~3k Poison Injections.

Obviously ZOS didn't fix it with the patch this morning, and the same people are still exploiting it.

ZoS :D
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    since the patch:

ce37b78056.jpg

5fb7a68980.jpg

D.

We're actively working on fixing what's causing this to happen. That said, if there's a player that you feel is exploiting the issue, please report them in-game and our Customer Support team will take a look and determine if any action is necessary. Thanks!

dear ZoS. report it ingame? do you see pics? :D you should ban and not post such things :D
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno We are also getting reports of light attacks doing 52k. Scalding rune was previously exploitable to allow these kinds of attacks but you guys fixed it. However you made some alterations this patch to Scalding rune again so it may have become re-exploitable due to those alterations.
    Edited by Armitas on August 11, 2014 7:18PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since the patch:

ce37b78056.jpg

5fb7a68980.jpg

D.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

sadly some of these same individuals have been reported for several months and are still playing and utilizing whatever the next exploit of the week is

most of us don't even bother reporting them anymore since no statement is forthcoming from ZOS on these issues stating 'we are aware that if you enable 'x' and 'y' and 'z' in that order you will get insane damage - this is an unintended game mechanic that you may have activated accidentally - on first report you will be issued a warning, on a second report we will give a 3 day ban - subsequent offence will result in stronger action'

something along these lines:

2b054cd7d4.jpg

we all understand the game is young and we're working as a community, players and devs, on having it reach it's awesome potential - it's not an excuse for a ToS and 'spirit of the game' policy not being enforced

we can barely keep ONE campaign locked at max pop - strongly suggest ZOS starts to take a stronger stance on these issues since when you take into account that many of us are now having to queue for up to an hour (typically much less) during peak times, log in looking forward to some fun - run into these jokers - get kicked from game due to a client crash, log back in and sometimes have to rejoin the queue

SAVE OUR PVP POPULATION!!!!

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on August 11, 2014 7:16PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭

With all due respect, not many have faith anything (as in nothing) will be done when reporting individuals.

Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel the same way and many other do as well.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I, along with dozens of other people reported a certain individual for doing this via burning damage over the period of 2 months. We submitted screenshots and provided as many details as we could. He still plays.

People don't get banned for reporting, and "naming and shaming" is the single dumbest rule I've ever seen a game implement. Pretty much boils down to a, "do whatever you want" mindset when it comes to playing the game.

Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A good way for ZOS staff to find out for themselves what is going on is disguise a GM and have them come into PvP and play with us... then they'll find out first hand what happens and why PvP is so frustrating right now.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who knows if its an exploit rather then a random chance to be honest. A screwed up portion of the code that hits from time to time.
  • Twiztedmike
    Twiztedmike
    Soul Shriven
    @OtarTheMad Why would they (ZOS) PVP when its not fun getting 1 shot by 30k lethal arrows?
    Edited by Twiztedmike on August 11, 2014 7:52PM
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Mike Rascal | VR11 Dragonknight
    Mike Madness | LV17 Templar

• Twiztedmike
    Twiztedmike
    Soul Shriven
    4gfFJ9T.jpg
    Aldmeri Dominion

• OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @OtarTheMad Why would they (ZOS) PVP when its not fun getting 1 shot by 30k lethal arrows?

To see for themselves and experience the same bugs/exploits/crap that we all experience. Then maybe they will pay more attention to people reported for those things. I get what you're saying though, I don't PvP as much anymore... just not fun since update 1.3

• c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Beard is my Shield obvioulsy is abusing an exploit. Nothing will be done. Ill see him still pvping months from now I bet.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how many screenshots of the same person exploiting the same thing over and over for hours on end would it take for you to even take a look and determine if any action is necessary?

maybe it's not an exploit - ffs just send in a GM to thornblade - ask him to show them what he is doing, make your determination - end of discussion

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on August 11, 2014 8:06PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• kingzokyeb17_ESO
    Hm i see a pattern here :|
    Što si mučko kolu?
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixysticks wrote: »
    I, along with dozens of other people reported a certain individual for doing this via burning damage over the period of 2 months. We submitted screenshots and provided as many details as we could. He still plays.

People don't get banned for reporting, and "naming and shaming" is the single dumbest rule I've ever seen a game implement. Pretty much boils down to a, "do whatever you want" mindset when it comes to playing the game.

Here is how ZoS prioritizes changes.

1. What is CS reporting that they are getting the most calls about.

Now, if you don't report it via CS, are you shocked it doesn't get fixed? You don't have to like the system, but if you want results, you do have to follow it.

So go waste another hour of your day (by calling support and explaining the issue), just so their stupid system can actually provide support to their actual players.
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Ok for starters, stop the angry mob thing, but still why do the operators of this game simply not perma ban those people, especially when the evidence is so clear?

I mean the persons must be aware of what they are doing and be aware of the consequenzes, if not doing anything instantly it would just keep on griefing the players that does not go those ways.

Wonder if they got their hands onto GM weapons.
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely pathetic that people are abusing exploits and getting away with it.

Next thing we'll see is the beard uploading a video of himself one shotting everyone then saying, "please help with this bug" ...but why bother covering your butt when ZOS won't do anything anyway.

I have patience waiting for the memory leak fix but not for this behavior. ZOS better take some serious action and ban the few that exploit or they'll loose a lot of us that find this ridiculous.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 more guild members quit the game today who have had enough of this kind of crap

their parting words paraphrased:

'i can handle the bugs - i know they'll get addressed'
    'i can handle the crashes and memory leaks and FPS issues - they'll get addressed'
    'but why am i going to pay to hang around for all the above to get fixed just to watch people shamelessly exploit the next thing and nothing be done about it - exploit gets fixed but exploiter stays and moves onto the next exploit'
    'wish those of you staying nothing but much fun and maybe will come back if ZOS ever gets serious about how players are ruining their game'

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on August 11, 2014 8:34PM
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps he imported his character from skyrim ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Twiztedmike
    Twiztedmike
    Soul Shriven
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

To see for themselves and experience the same bugs/exploits/crap that we all experience. Then maybe they will pay more attention to people reported for those things. I get what you're saying though, I don't PvP as much anymore... just not fun since update 1.3
    I was being facetious my friend
    Aldmeri Dominion

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The logic of ZoS is not to ban paying customers unless they get a ton of complaints.

Meanwhile, their actual legit paying customers are leaving due to a single ***.

Good logic there from team sales, let me tell you.

@ZOS_MattFiror‌ @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

What does it take for your team to actually ban these players that exploit your ToS and make other players' experience worse?

Some of these exploiters have been here since day 1, abusing whatever the bug of the week is.
This discussion has been closed.