The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire nerf

Karikin
Karikin
✭✭✭
Vampire
Reduced the passive Undeath’s damage reduction to 33%, and adjusted the tooltip accordingly.

ummm why? Vampires were likely just about right with the exception of some of the passives not working.
  • ThoradinBloodfire
    ThoradinBloodfire
    ✭✭✭
    I think the goal is to make being a vampire lame and not want to be one. Just like it should be.
    There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today...”

"We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La."

GRRM both
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Undeath was frequently reported as not working.

Perhaps they "fixed" it in the same way they "fix" Nightblade abilities -- by changing the tooltip to match the effect it is already giving, rather than changing the effect to match the tooltip of what it is supposed to be.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Karikin
    Karikin
    ✭✭✭
    the point is if you are a vampire you should become stronger in some areas and weaker in others.

Vampires are already weak versus fire, Why make the survivability worse? not mad if there is a good reason, I just want that reason.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karikin wrote: »
    the point is if you are a vampire you should become stronger in some areas and weaker in others.

Vampires are already weak versus fire, Why make the survivability worse? not mad if there is a good reason, I just want that reason.
    Because the pros outweigh the cons so much right now it's generally stupid to not be a vampire.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goal is to phase out Vampires, and just have a bunch of emos running around drinking clamatto and reading Poe.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on August 4, 2014 4:25PM
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is fairly irrelevant since the ability only added 50% to armor value at a time when it didn't matter.

In my case I suffered 9% less damage when i was down to 500 hits. So the ability were irrelevant, and reducing that bonus to 6% means nothing.
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goal is to phase out Vampires, and just have a bunch of emos running around drinking clamatto and reading Poe.

um the point of this game is for me to escape my real life, not replay it in a game thanks
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The health regeneration passive at stages 2-4 is not working for my Vampire character. Has anyone else noticed this passive is broken? I find it frustrating since its a waste of two skill points.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The health regeneration passive at stages 2-4 is not working for my Vampire character. Has anyone else noticed this passive is broken? I find it frustrating since its a waste of two skill points.

Works fine for me.
    I had to feed once after investing points in it in order for it to work though.
    (you're referring to the one point Unnatural Resistance passive, right?)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
  • ThoradinBloodfire
    ThoradinBloodfire
    ✭✭✭
    bees83 wrote: »

um the point of this game is for me to escape my real life, not replay it in a game thanks

You could be the South Park goth kids of ESO than. Dark before it was sparkly cool. Just think
    There is only one god and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: “Not today...”

"We read fantasy to find the colors again, I think. To taste strong spices and hear the songs the sirens sang. There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La."

GRRM both
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Because the pros outweigh the cons so much right now it's generally stupid to not be a vampire.

Not true. My non Vamp steamrolls way easier than my Vamp. ZOS has made an amazing game, but their handling of Vampires, Werewolves, Armors, Melee weapons, and Nerfs is where they need to bring in some outside perspectives and get things in order. Again, not complaining.. I love the game, but I'm also realistic.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can only assume how much we are willing to hold to vampires even when they are just a huge nerf to our chars.

I wanted to be a vampire because i always become one in TES games , the 50% fire vun is ESO is already a MAJOR issue , bigger than in ANY other TES game , a majority of things in this game for some reason loves fire magic.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭

there are way MORE cons for all the skill points spent ... in the end u have good sneak is all..... u fill up slots and match sets to offset bad HR and weakness to fire for what u gain in passives ... if i spent all those skill points elsewhere i could have lots more passives ... u are still weak to fire if u wear 3 enchants ... but ur sneak is good .... the ult is good but there are other good aoe damage ult. Drain and mist form are weak compared to others skills and i removed them from my bar to get thru vr levels before the vr nerf. If i forget to feed then my HR is too low also.

Edited by indigoblades on August 4, 2014 4:58PM
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    O i love the game too... i think (hope) this change is more documenting how the passive doesnt work than an actual nerf... I wish JESSICA would clarify if anything changed other than the passive documentation.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play as a vampire at Stage 4 all the time because the "negatives" of being a vampire are so minor.

This change doesn't concern me given that the passive didn't work to begin with; I can't really even call it a "nerf" since I never got the 50% damage reduction that it previously stated. It only scaled to maybe 10-20% damage reduction in my testing.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol@ ninja nerfing a not working passive.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This passive never even worked, thank you so much ZOS for nerfing it anyway... sigh
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the goal is to make being a vampire lame and not want to be one. Just like it should be.

With any luck. Still think they need to add a severe DoT to vampires if they're outside in daylight.

And, of course, make every guard in the game aggro on them in the latter stages.
    Achievements Suck
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Stalker alone with my stealthy nightblade is more then enough to keep staying a vampire. and Devouring Swarm, and Mist Form. All great abilities. I barely noticed if Undeath actually was working.
  • Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭

That is the point exactly. If the cons were equal to the pros, there wouldn't be so many Vamps running around, sparkling in the sunlight.

They need to make Vamps burn in sunlight, and be attacked on sight by guards ... then the cons would be more in line.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

okay I am positive clammatos are a latin american cultural thing, not an emo one.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I would like for Vampires -

1. When in direct sunlight, they take constant damage.
    2. When hit by any wooden weapon (Spear, Arrow, etc), it is insta-kill.
    3. They must kill and suck at least one player a day in PvP, or begin to die. The player they feed on does die.
    4. During the night, they can transform into a bat, and fly.
    5. Over time, they age to a decrepit state, and must keep a skill on the bar to look 'nice'.
    6. They can only have ONE male apprentice bitten at any time, but may have any number of female apprentices.
    7. They cannot be killed by normal weapons.

And, whatever else seems right for Vampires. :)
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there are way MORE cons for all the skill points spent ... in the end u have good sneak is all..... u fill up slots and match sets to offset bad HR and weakness to fire for what u gain in passives ... if i spent all those skill points elsewhere i could have lots more passives ... u are still weak to fire if u wear 3 enchants ... but ur sneak is good .... the ult is good but there are other good aoe damage ult. Drain and mist form are weak compared to others skills and i removed them from my bar to get thru vr levels before the vr nerf. If i forget to feed then my HR is too low also.

oh please. Vampire is ridiculously powerful, and is always part of the holy union with regards to DK former emperor skirt wearing stick wield and always vampire.

Clouding swarm and bat swarm are constantly hitting me for well over 1k. And you can use abilities in clouding WHILE INVISIBLE.

Come talk to me after you try out werewolf and walk around with a fighter's guild weakness and no usable skills.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should buff vampires, it is after all a vampire game first & foremost
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Innocente wrote: »
    Here is what I would like for Vampires -

1. When in direct sunlight, they take constant damage.
    2. When hit by any wooden weapon (Spear, Arrow, etc), it is insta-kill.
    3. They must kill and suck at least one player a day in PvP, or begin to die. The player they feed on does die.
    4. During the night, they can transform into a bat, and fly.
    5. Over time, they age to a decrepit state, and must keep a skill on the bar to look 'nice'.
    6. They can only have ONE male apprentice bitten at any time, but may have any number of female apprentices.
    7. They cannot be killed by normal weapons.

And, whatever else seems right for Vampires. :)

If we are going classical vampire.... lets throw in the positive sides with those negatives...

1. Super speed (Faster than mortals can see)
    2. Super Strength
    3. Bat form(flight)
    4. Mist form (invulnerable can go through walls)
    5. Mind control
    6. power of suduction
    7. Able to walk on and climb walls
    8. Any wound not through the heart or containing silver will rapidly heal.
    Edited by ExiledKhallisi on August 4, 2014 9:14PM
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp did get one buff. Non vamps can figure it out on their own.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on August 4, 2014 9:12PM
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is always going to be issues with others not liking the Vampires abilities. Bat Swarm might do 1k damage each time it is used, but what level was the character using it? What armour did the other player have?
    In Vet content I was being hammered by basic skeleton archers with the Volley ability, at the same level as me for over 1k damage and it's not even an Ultimate.
    I have had harvesters and liches take me for over 2.5k in one shot. My toon didn't even have 2.5k at the time!! It was in a Vet5 zone.

I think the issue is other players don't like the fact that people can kill them easily so they whine and complain until the build is nerfed. Don't like a vampire attacking you? Use fire or the Fighters Guild silver bolt ability.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    There is always going to be issues with others not liking the Vampires abilities. Bat Swarm might do 1k damage each time it is used, but what level was the character using it? What armour did the other player have?
    In Vet content I was being hammered by basic skeleton archers with the Volley ability, at the same level as me for over 1k damage and it's not even an Ultimate.
    I have had harvesters and liches take me for over 2.5k in one shot. My toon didn't even have 2.5k at the time!! It was in a Vet5 zone.

I think the issue is other players don't like the fact that people can kill them easily so they whine and complain until the build is nerfed. Don't like a vampire attacking you? Use fire or the Fighters Guild silver bolt ability.

Well silverbolts doesnt insta kill creeps any more as it rightfully should.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Braddass wrote: »

That is the point exactly. If the cons were equal to the pros, there wouldn't be so many Vamps running around, sparkling in the sunlight.

They need to make Vamps burn in sunlight, and be attacked on sight by guards ... then the cons would be more in line.

I dont see alot of vamps running around any more so not sure where u are playing. Also any of the latest pvp recomendations for builds are not recommending being vamp anymore. The cons are bigger the pros. (the only plus really is better stealth)
    Edited by indigoblades on August 6, 2014 12:24PM
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the new way to fix stuff, change the tooltip to match the current effect and VOILA, fixed :)