The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to download metafile

Piffo
Piffo
Not sure what that even means, but when I tried to login today via Steam, I had to basically re-install the game (took ages). I assumed this was a patch, but now it is at 100% it is telling me that it cannot download the metafile (whatever that is) and I cannot log in.
"Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A shot in the dark: are you playing on the EU server and it's your first time logging in after the migration?
  • Piffo
    Piffo
    No idea which migration you are talking about, but I am playing EU and have not logged in for a couple of days. Is that the culprit?
    "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Migration of the megaserver from the USA to Germany. Completed yesterday.

Avast was throwing out errors this morning. See if it works with your antivirus turned off or after adding an exclusion for ESO.
    Edited by Rosveen on July 31, 2014 8:44PM
  • Piffo
    Piffo
    Adding it to my Avast exceptions seems to have done the trick. Talos bless you for your aid :)
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First attempt to patch after the EU move and I get this error which I've never had before.

No A/V on the system.
  • impgirl
    impgirl
    ✭✭
    Same here, have been playing every day since the migration, just tried to patch this morning and got the metafile error, now trying to repair.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes same here as well, repairing does nothing.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • suelothvar
    suelothvar
    ✭✭✭
    same, repair is doing sod all, same error each time. we need a reply and a fix please.
    Edited by suelothvar on August 5, 2014 10:58AM
    Seraklan - Nightshade EU
    Beardybpbear. Xbox1

No console text chat = discrimination against the deaf!
  • impgirl
    impgirl
    ✭✭
    Repair fixed it for me.
  • Meuh
    Meuh
    ✭✭
    I got the same error, then i did some free space on HDD and it worked.