The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you sometimes get Invisible Weapon Attack Effects?

Marcusstratus
Marcusstratus
✭✭✭
It seems like about 40% of the time when I'm attacking with either a Restoration staff or a Destruction staff my character will do the animation of attacking, but the effects of the actual attack don't show up. I'll be repeatedly waving my arm in the direction of the enemy, but I can't see the yellow restoration beam or the bolt of fire or ice etc. going towards them, so it seems like I'm not actually doing anything, but then eventually they'll die.

This happens not only with regular and heavy attacks, but also with some of the active skills, such as impulse. I'll raise my staff in the Impulse animation, but no visible ring goes out from it. Also a lot of the time Force Shock is completely invisible, even if I hear it being cast. (Actually it was invisible the first 3 times I used it which really confused me). There's no real pattern to it, sometimes the visuals show up, sometimes they don't. It's not a huge issue since the damage is still being done, but... it's still frustrating and confusing, and a bit anti-climactic.

Are other people experiencing these invisible attacks?
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    i get this about 90% of the time.. mostly with destro staff impulse skill.. almost never get animation and some of the times it doesnt even do damage.. but my toon does move her arm :(
  • Marcusstratus
    Marcusstratus
    ✭✭✭
    i get this about 90% of the time.. mostly with destro staff impulse skill.. almost never get animation and some of the times it doesnt even do damage.. but my toon does move her arm :(

Now, I have noticed that it seems like if you try to use impulse but are too far away (it says the range is 8 meters which is closer than I would expect) then it usually won't show the effect. However, this doesn't account for the times when you are close enough and it still doesn't show up.

I forgot to mention I also get this problem when I'm using the ultimate ability Overload. Much of the time I will get the lighting around my fists, but no matter how much I click to attack nothing happens, no bolts of lightening or crazy 'dark-jedi-force-lightening' effect (as I think of it), and in this case it's also doing no damage. This one is a real problem as I usually pull out my ultimate when I'm in a bind, but suddenly now I Can't attack at all, and when you've built up a lot of ultimate with Overload you just have to wait till it runs out.... which means no attacking till it runs out.... which.... is pretty much fatal. :(
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have this issue as well. Been around for a while now. :(