The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Eyes of Mara set

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just wanted to point out that it is odd that Eyes of Mara set has a 4 piece bonus of 7 spell dmg and a 5 piece bonus of reducing the cost of restoration abilities by 12%. Anyone going for that 5 piece bonus is obviously pretty focused on Resto abilities which are governed by weapon dmg and not spell dmg.
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great point. I did not catch that and planned on using the set for my healer. It needs to be switched to Weapon Damage or Spell Crit for heals.

Wish there was a way to make sure the Devs hear about it. Going to mention
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

Names and hopefully it informs them someone mentioned them and they will take a peak inside.
    Edited by madangrypally on July 30, 2014 9:07PM
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Just wanted to point out that it is odd that Eyes of Mara set has a 4 piece bonus of 7 spell dmg and a 5 piece bonus of reducing the cost of restoration abilities by 12%. Anyone going for that 5 piece bonus is obviously pretty focused on Resto abilities which are governed by weapon dmg and not spell dmg.

Why is that a problem?
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirJesto wrote: »

Why is that a problem?

It's not exactly a problem, but anyone that is going to go for that five piece bonus is going to be almost entirely focused on healing and they would prefer weapon dmg. Personally I wouldn't use this set as I like to mix a fair amount of damage in with my heals. With a five set bonus as specialized as
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭

Why is that a problem?

It's not exactly a problem, but anyone that is going to go for that five piece bonus is going to be almost entirely focused on healing and they would prefer weapon dmg. Personally I wouldn't use this set as I like to mix a fair amount of damage in with my heals. With a five set bonus as specialized as

Different strokes for different folks.
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭
    It would be spell power if you're using templar abilities as well.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the set the way it is. I'd prefer stronger heals over stronger heavy attack.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Mahogany
    Mahogany
    ✭✭✭
    I like the set the way it is. I'd prefer stronger heals over stronger heavy attack.

Healing output from resto staff abilities is tied to weapon damage, not spell damage. This is the main point of the OP.
    Edited by Mahogany on July 31, 2014 6:00AM
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Mahogany wrote: »

Healing output from resto staff abilities are tied to weapon damage, not spell damage. This is the main point of the OP.

Because a Restoration Staff is a weapon.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kiljaz wrote: »
    It would be spell power if you're using templar abilities as well.

But I doubt a Templar would go for this set. It's a very specialized non-templar primary healer set in my opinion.

I think you and the dev who designed this set have a lot in common.
    Edited by Erock25 on July 31, 2014 12:13PM
  • Mondrely
    Mondrely
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice that either. I may just go for 5 piece seducer then. Seems like it will be reasonably good for both healing and dps.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking 5 warlock, 5 seducer and that allows my templar to heal, dps or tank (armor on one of the rings)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, so he is a Templar too and likes things that benefit him? Okay, go him.
    Edited by timidobserver on August 1, 2014 12:55AM

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Even if you use Resto staff heals on your Templar, the current 5 set bonus for eyes of mara is only worth going for if you primarily focus on Resto staff spells, which in turn means you would prefer weapon damage over spell damage as spell damage has zero effect on the spells you are primarily using. If you only use a Resto staff spells occasionally, there is no need for the 5 piece bonus.

As the 5 piece bonus becomes more beneficial to how you play, the 4 piece bonus becomes less beneficial and vice versa. You can disagree if you want, but in my opinion that is a poorly designed set.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Even if you use Resto staff heals on your Templar, the current 5 set bonus for eyes of mara is only worth going for if you primarily focus on Resto staff spells, which in turn means you would prefer weapon damage over spell damage as spell damage has zero effect on the spells you are primarily using. If you only use a Resto staff spells occasionally, there is no need for the 5 piece bonus.

As the 5 piece bonus becomes more beneficial to how you play, the 4 piece bonus becomes less beneficial and vice versa. You can disagree if you want, but in my opinion that is a poorly designed set.

I am personally fine with decreasing the cost of my resto staff heals and increasing the power of my Templar heals all with one set. Though I can understand completely how a non-Templar could want the set redesigned.

• bFunk
    bFunk
    Spell Damage increases all healing skills whether they're resto or templar based, Weapon Damage would increase LA/HA.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bFunk wrote: »
    Spell Damage increases all healing skills whether they're resto or templar based, Weapon Damage would increase LA/HA.

False. Weapon Damage increases Restoration heals just like Weapon Damage increases Destruction Staff spells.
  • bFunk
    bFunk
    I have tested this in-game by adding spell damage to neck/rings. Have you as well?
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭

Why is that a problem?

You could put that on a full set of heavy armor and enchant it with stamina. And then call your self a healer with a retro staff. But that does not mean you should.

I find your comment in best case scenario for a pore attempt to defend some develops pore judgment.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have tested this in-game by adding spell damage to neck/rings. Have you as well?

Yes. Crit Surge gives weapon dmg bonus and that increases your resto heals. Spell damage does nothing for resto heals. What had to have happen with your test is the spell dmg neck/rings you had added extra magicka which increased your heals. Trust me, spell dmg does nothing for resto heals.

• SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Sunrock wrote: »

Why is that a problem?

You could put that on a full set of heavy armor and enchant it with stamina. And then call your self a healer with a retro staff. But that does not mean you should.

I find your comment in best case scenario for a POOR attempt to defend some developERs POOR judgment.

Fixed that for you....

I have the absolute right to defend any way I want to play in this game.
    It isn't POOR judgement, and if I wanted to make a full heavy set of Eyes of Mara with all stamina and a Resto staff, I absolutely SHOULD because I WANT TO.
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Crit Surge gives weapon dmg bonus and that increases your resto heals. Spell damage does nothing for resto heals. What had to have happen with your test is the spell dmg neck/rings you had added extra magicka which increased your heals. Trust me, spell dmg does nothing for resto heals.

^ This is correct. The other guy is mistaken.
  • Amylar
    Amylar
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure that Resto staff skills are affected by weapon critical ? In that case, Destro staff skills are allso affected by Weapon critical ?

I think not, take a look at this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blR61M3fFWA

And increase spell power does affect heal. Tested.
    Edited by Amylar on August 14, 2014 2:27PM
    [
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amylar wrote: »
    Are you sure that Resto staff skills are affected by weapon critical ? In that case, Destro staff skills are allso affected by Weapon critical ?

I think not, take a look at this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blR61M3fFWA

And after increase my spell power i'm sure it does affect heal.

No one said anything about crits. Well I mentioned crit surge but that increases weapon dmg, not crit rating. Resto abilities are spell crit and weapon dmg and yes I'm absolutely sure.
    Edited by Erock25 on August 14, 2014 2:36PM
  • Amylar
    Amylar
    ✭✭✭
    So the same habilities are affected by spell crits and weapon damage ?

edit : You're right, i've juste check it
    Edited by Amylar on August 14, 2014 2:33PM
    [