The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP sets with useless traits?

makkon
makkon
✭✭✭
V12 items with
Training, Exploration and other useless traits
Still V10 jewelry...
One question: What are you guys smoking?

http://i.imgur.com/WXkHwJ6.jpg
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was said from the start, the player crafted items will be better than non crafted ones.

I do not see where is the issue.
  • okraus
    okraus
    ✭✭✭
    Hey fanboy! Go back to your cave...
    How can't you see the issue?!

Training trait on end-gear items when every player has maxed out armor skill lines since mid-forties?
    Exploration trait on end-gear item when player don't get exploration xp anymore since reaching VR1?
    So, does it begin to dawn on you?

Instead of putting crap traits on those sets, they should put none on them and let the crafters do their job afterwards.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okraus wrote: »
    Hey fanboy! Go back to your cave...
    How can't you see the issue?!

Training trait on end-gear items when every player has maxed out armor skill lines since mid-forties?
    Exploration trait on end-gear item when player don't get exploration xp anymore since reaching VR1?
    So, does it begin to dawn on you?

Instead of putting crap traits on those sets, they should put none on them and let the crafters do their job afterwards.

a) I am not a fan boy. Cannot see how I can be classed as one.

b) You miss the point. From the start they said best gear will be crafted ones.

c) Second point missed. Exploration (& Training) give XP past VR level. Not to your character directly, but on the equipped weapon and slotted abilities you have at the moment, IF they are not capped.

And not even by getting to VR12, you can cap all the abilities & morphs available to you on all lines, nor all the weapon sets either.

d) All trait stats on drop items are RANDOM. I had 2 Pact armour parts, received from solo kills I did at Cyrodiil , that had Impenetrable trait on. Both sold at 50K a piece, because I personally do not wear heavy armour, and they are very well sought for with that trait.

So by changing the "random" factor of getting the Impenetrable trait on PvP gear, it will ruin the market value of those items :)

(you have 1 in 8 chances to get it with Impenetrable trait, if you get the bag)

Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on July 30, 2014 5:52PM
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it true that the trait on pvp gear is random? As in two heavy armor gloves of Set A can drop and one has impenetrable and the other training?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    Is it true that the trait on pvp gear is random? As in two heavy armor gloves of Set A can drop and one has impenetrable and the other training?
    Yes
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

I'm only really familiar with the PVP weapons but they all seem to have a set trait. Odd that armor is different.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, that is not true-- although I wish it were.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine that crafted gear is better, but that doesn't mean they should butcher drop-sets with useless trait bonus'. Seriously, don't need to see any training/exploration, etc... In my opinion players should have a way of customizing drop-sets once in their possession, such as recrafting to have new traits (requires you to be a crafter) or a different motif style. Right now I wouldn't consider a drop-set, period (not just because of the useless trait).
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Najarati
    Najarati
    ✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »
    It's fine that crafted gear is better, but that doesn't mean they should butcher drop-sets with useless trait bonus'. Seriously, don't need to see any training/exploration, etc... In my opinion players should have a way of customizing drop-sets once in their possession, such as recrafting to have new traits (requires you to be a crafter) or a different motif style. Right now I wouldn't consider a drop-set, period (not just because of the useless trait).

Agreed. My biggest issue with dropped sets is I, as a master crafter, cannot alter their styles or traits. I'd love to be able to do this. If need be, make it a passive in each applicable skill line; call it Refurbish or something.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person.
    Edited by Najarati on July 30, 2014 8:59PM
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    makkon wrote: »
    V12 items with
    Training, Exploration and other useless traits
    Still V10 jewelry...
    One question: What are you guys smoking?

http://i.imgur.com/WXkHwJ6.jpg

5 out of 36 items in the picture have the "useless" traits you mentioned. Is this really something to get upset about? What are YOU smoking?
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    SirJesto wrote: »
    5 out of 36 items in the picture have the "useless" traits you mentioned. Is this really something to get upset about? What are YOU smoking?
    do not want to make discussion with fanboys.
    fact is fact. most of this sets will never wear pvpers, especially vr12

btw there are only 3 out of 8 usefull armor traits in end game:
    1) Divines (pve)
    2) Impenetrable (pvp)
    3) Infused (pvp/pve)
    all other on any items make this item trashlike (for me at least)
    2-3 items from set with such traits break whole set. better to craft. but I can't craft pvp sets. freedom of choice? not in the teso.

so, eat delirium from game designers, mr. fanboy.
    Edited by makkon on July 30, 2014 10:12PM
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    makkon wrote: »
    SirJesto wrote: »
    do not want to make discussion with fanboys.
    fact is fact. most of this sets will never wear pvpers, especially vr12

btw there are only 3 out of 8 usefull armor traits in end game:
    1) Divines (pve)
    2) Impenetrable (pvp)
    3) Infused (pvp/pve)
    all other on any items make this item trashlike (for me at least)
    2-3 items from set with such traits break whole set. better to craft. but I can't craft pvp sets. freedom of choice? not in the teso.

so, eat delirium from game designers, mr. fanboy.

Don't go calling people names that disagree with you, makes you look childish.

That's the traits on the items. Live with it, or don't use them. Devs are obviously not going to eliminate all but 3 traits from the game, so too bad. Be a man and suck it up. You can't always get what you want.

Edited by SirJesto on July 30, 2014 11:15PM
  • DrimacusMeleth
    Yes
    Is that like a new feature in 1.3?
    Right now it's always the same trait, for sure.
    Drimacus

1v1 PvP Video, subscribe if you like ;)

Black Magic, former Emperor VR 12 PvP

o:)