The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB - Stam Build - Update 3 - in anyone else considering this??

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaxom wrote: »

Yeah, I've been playing around with 2h Sword too. Holy crap does it hit hard now. My Uppercut tooltip (premorph since I'm still leveling it) says it hits for 781. If I can get a stealth opener with it (some unsuspecting soul), I'm convinced it could nearly 1 shot someone. I havent been able to pull it off yet since it has a 1s cast time but it has potential. Certainly not as useful with people blocking the whole time since you wont get the knockdown but seems nice in smaller group play.

I was playing a little between 2 handed and duel wield but I can't seem to get 2 handed to work that well for me. I was hit for 2.6 from a Critical Charge a few days go, though!
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've been playing around with 2h Sword too. Holy crap does it hit hard now. My Uppercut tooltip (premorph since I'm still leveling it) says it hits for 781. If I can get a stealth opener with it (some unsuspecting soul), I'm convinced it could nearly 1 shot someone. I havent been able to pull it off yet since it has a 1s cast time but it has potential. Certainly not as useful with people blocking the whole time since you wont get the knockdown but seems nice in smaller group play.

I was playing a little between 2 handed and duel wield but I can't seem to get 2 handed to work that well for me. I was hit for 2.6 from a Critical Charge a few days go, though!

Yeah Critical Charge from max range out of stealth hits like a truck. I've been torn between that or Stampede. Having that 2s root is awfully nice.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah Critical Charge from max range out of stealth hits like a truck. I've been torn between that or Stampede. Having that 2s root is awfully nice.

I thought Teleport Strike is the only "range" ability that benefits from sneak attack bonus and Critical Charge only benefits from the critical bonus, no?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought Teleport Strike is the only "range" ability that benefits from sneak attack bonus and Critical Charge only benefits from the critical bonus, no?

Not as I understood it no, anything that can crit from stealth does extra damage on the open attack.

2.6k damage made my eyes open. Good job I'm around 2.9-3.3k health depending on my build.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope. Any skill besides ultimates will get the sneak attack bonus from stealth. My Snipe out of stealth crit hits 3x harder than my out of stealth crit. If you are in stealth and Critical Charge someone, you should receive the stealth bonus. I know flying blade as as well. I haven't tested Critical Charge extensively, but the rest of them act that way.
    Edited by Jaxom on August 7, 2014 1:51PM
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Any skill besides ultimates will get the sneak attack bonus from stealth. My Snipe out of stealth crit hits 3x harder than my out of stealth crit. If you are in stealth and Critical Charge someone, you should receive the stealth bonus. I know flying blade as as well. I haven't tested Critical Charge extensively, but the rest of them act that way.

Hmm, that's kind of weird. I just did a little test myself with my level 12 DK alt using a level 12 white iron greatsword. Critical Charge deals 84 critical damage to the spectre mobs outside Davon's Watch, no matter from stealth (with the eye eye fully closed) or not. At the same time, heavy attacks from stealth deal 176 critical damage. Perhaps bow skills are another exception other than Ambush?
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, that's kind of weird. I just did a little test myself with my level 12 DK alt using a level 12 white iron greatsword. Critical Charge deals 84 critical damage to the spectre mobs outside Davon's Watch, no matter from stealth (with the eye eye fully closed) or not. At the same time, heavy attacks from stealth deal 176 critical damage. Perhaps bow skills are another exception other than Ambush?

Perhaps. I haven't tested 2h-er that much. It could also be a bug with the skill. I know of a few other attacks which are confirmed to not crit at all. There could be an issue where it's not taking into consideration that you are in stealth. Unless I'm mistaken, and someone please correct me, if you are in stealth, you should receive the stealth modifier.
  • Troponin
    Troponin
    ✭✭✭
    What are you folks using for attribute set ups for these builds and what are your set ups? Has the NB been "wakened up" with these changes to make really competitive, or is this just a band aid?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that shouldn't is something like an actual real range spell, like Swallow Soul.

Also remember, if you're going to test it you need to be to the side or the rear of the target.
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that shouldn't is something like an actual real range spell, like Swallow Soul.

Also remember, if you're going to test it you need to be to the side or the rear of the target.

I did stay behind the targets when testing and the eye was fully closed or showed hidden. Just forgot to mention it in the last post. Thanks for the reminder though :smile:
  • Xnemesis
    Xnemesis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suntzu1414 wrote: »
    Was considering to respec my NB, with Update 3

Does anyone have a viable STAM build they are willing to share.

Since the Update 3 will provide much need love for STAM, was considering going over to the STAM SIDE(verse dark side)...

thank you

This is a new version of the build I have been working on since patch. http://tinyurl.com/lzw26ha

It is still def a work in progress and any suggestions would be great.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone from my stamina bow build, which I've linked in a few threads before, back to a melee magic build. One thing I've noticed that stands out is that even wearing a lot of medium armour, I just can't dodge like I used to in 7 medium with 2000k stamina.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    how it comes? Not fun any more in PVP or PVE?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kego wrote: »
    how it comes? Not fun any more in PVP or PVE?

No real reason other than wanting to try out the new sets and see if I could make a few medium armour sets and make the most of them to get light armour like regen and cost reduction.

I'm actually pretty close, in medium Seducer set armour (light Warlock head and shoulders with Warlock jewels) I'm able to get my Dark Cloak down to around 350 Magicka (I'd have needed full light armour to get that before) with x2 Hundings daggers and medium armour I can still get a 45% crit chance, not bad.

My stamina bow build was all about opening with the bow, my magic melee build is more about opening with Nightblade melee burst.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've gone from my stamina bow build, which I've linked in a few threads before, back to a melee magic build. One thing I've noticed that stands out is that even wearing a lot of medium armour, I just can't dodge like I used to in 7 medium with 2000k stamina.

Funny enough, I just went in the other direction. I was using a magicka melee build and swapped to a stamina bow/2h build. It's definitely a different play style but I'm enjoying the Snipe from Stealth ganking. I can kill in about the same speed if I get the drop and I'm at range so It's easier to survive.

My problem now is that I can only cast 3-4 dark cloaks before I'm out of magicka where in my LA, Magicka build, I could cast it almost 7-10 times depending. This certainly drops my survivability down a bit if caught out of position. 9/10, I'm killed by a charging Templar, followed by a Crystal Shard knockdown from a Sorc. Not much you can do about that anyway.
    Edited by Jaxom on August 8, 2014 12:35PM
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stamina bow build was all about opening with the bow, my magic melee build is more about opening with Nightblade melee burst.
    It's hard to find the best way. I played the last two month Dual Wield but as much as I love it on the field, it is so useless in Keep Fights. Best would be Bow/DW Setup but DW needs so much Magicka Skills to be really strong and Bow ist just so much Stamina based.

• Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently looking for a balanced Build with ~1600 Magicka and 2000 Stamina for a new Bow/SnB Setup with Shielded Assault, Concealed Weapon, Impale, Fear and Dark Cloak.

Bow for Ranged DMG and SnB for Meele DMG and Control with Fear, and Dark Cloak/Concealed Weapon Stun.

But I think I would need at least 2 Light Armor / 5 Medium Armor to get the costs a bit down. But giving away 6% Crit, 4% Stamina Reduction and 8% Dodge Roll reduction is not a no brainer.
    Edited by Kego on August 8, 2014 2:36PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently looking for a balanced Build with ~1600 Magicka and 2000 Stamina for a new Bow/SnB Setup with Shielded Assault, Concealed Weapon, Impale, Fear and Dark Cloak.

Bow for Ranged DMG and SnB for Meele DMG and Control with Fear, and Dark Cloak/Concealed Weapon Stun.

But I think I would need at least 2 Light Armor / 5 Medium Armor to get the costs a bit down. But giving away 6% Crit, 4% Stamina Reduction and 8% Dodge Roll reduction is not a no brainer.

Have you considered 2her for your secondary? I'm finding Stampede, Concealed Weapon, Mass Hysteria, Executioner/Impale, Dark Cloak/Elusive Mist to be a fairly good combo.

You can Stampede and hit Concealed almost simultaneously. Since Stampede roots, when you fear them right after the hit, they just stand there looking like an idiot. Heavy Hit takes out a large chunk, concealed again and executioner to finish them off.
    Edited by Jaxom on August 8, 2014 3:25PM
  • tbrocato
    tbrocato
    ✭✭
    Siluen wrote: »
    I'm pondering what sets to use. Probably 5 hundings, but I am undecided on the other 3/4. Any ideas?

And I've been running a combo of divine and infused traits, been thinking of picking up impenetrable, but given the outcry about it, I wonder if I should risk wasting my dreugh wax on it at this point? ^^"

I went 5 Hundings, 3/4 Ashen's Grip. Seems to be working well. 220+ weapon damage and my flying blade hits like a truck now.

I ended up doing the same thing. I use to be a hybrid style build split between magicka / stamina with 5 medium / 2 light. Since 1.3.3 I went 7 medium (5 Hundings / 4 Ashen's Grip) with maxing out stamina and then dumping into magicka. I went +magicka / +magicka regen on jewlery. With this new stamina based build I use ambush / concealed weapon as opener and after that its flying blade as main dps attack. This setup scales much better with bow abilites...and hopefully the bow will get some love soon and it will be even better.
  • Rescorla_ESO
    Rescorla_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to find the best way. I played the last two month Dual Wield but as much as I love it on the field, it is so useless in Keep Fights. Best would be Bow/DW Setup but DW needs so much Magicka Skills to be really strong and Bow ist just so much Stamina based.

Why do you say DW needs so much Magicka skills to be really strong?
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭

I did stay behind the targets when testing and the eye was fully closed or showed hidden. Just forgot to mention it in the last post. Thanks for the reminder though :smile:

As far as I remember, crit charge/stampede never gave me stealth crit bonuses.
    I figured it was something to do with the fact that as you charge you're taken out of stealth, so when the damage is dealt its been awhile since you had the hidden buff. That's certainly a possible reason as to why it wouldn't receive stealth damage while ambush does.

Regardless, I've been using 2h for awhile and stopped trying to charge for the stealth damage long ago because I never noticed it's damage being raised from stealth. Nowadays if I want a melee opener I'll just sneak up and surprise attack someones ass. Otherwise I'll just use the snipe opener like most others with the option ^.^
  • tbrocato
    tbrocato
    ✭✭

You dont need strong magicka for a nice DW setup...run ambush / concealed weapon as opener and then something like flying blade / steel tornado for your main dps...toss in blood craze also. If you get low on stamina you will have magicka and you can go to ambush / concealed weapon...until stamina is back up. It is an effective build.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered 2her for your secondary? I'm finding Stampede, Concealed Weapon, Mass Hysteria, Executioner/Impale, Dark Cloak/Elusive Mist to be a fairly good combo.

You can Stampede and hit Concealed almost simultaneously. Since Stampede roots, when you fear them right after the hit, they just stand there looking like an idiot. Heavy Hit takes out a large chunk, concealed again and executioner to finish them off.
    No, never tried. My 2Hander Level is only around Level 10.
    I have just respecced and found a Build that suits me well. It's mainly used for PvP and Solo PvE.

1. Bar (Bow)
    - Poison Arrow
    - Lethal Arrow
    - Acid Spray
    - Mass Hysteria
    - Focused Attacks (Have to see how much impact the Stamina Regen does. Currently Training Haste to get the Morph)
    - Soul Siphon (Ultimate)

2. Bar (Sword & Shield)
    - Shielded Assault
    - Deep Slash (Just hits way harder than Concealed Weapon)
    - Impale
    - Degeneration
    - Leeching Strikes
    - Veil of Blades (Ultimate)

I run a 7/7 Medium Armor. Maybe I will swap Leeching Strikes out for Dark Cloak in PvP for more tactical Solutions.

Edited by Kego on August 11, 2014 6:56AM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

I have just respecced and found a Build that suits me well. It's mainly used for PvP and Solo PvE.

1. Bar (Bow)
    - Poison Arrow
    - Lethal Arrow
    - Acid Spray
    - Mass Hysteria
    - Focused Attacks (Have to see how much impact the Stamina Regen does. Currently Training Haste to get the Morph)
    - Soul Siphon (Ultimate)

2. Bar (Sword & Shield)
    - Shielded Assault
    - Impale
    - Degeneration
    - Leeching Strikes

I run a 7/7 Medium Armor. Maybe I will swap Leeching Strikes out for Dark Cloak in PvP for more tactical Solutions.

I had tried the 1h Shield setup with Bow but I wasn't liking it. I'm doing the same thing with Focused Attacks. I just picked it up a few days ago per the recommendation of a guildmate. He says the stamina regen is nice with his bow. I have Haste level to 4 and should have the morph tonight.

As for Acid Spray, I've actually never used that one. I played around with Bombard since it was an AoE Root but I feel the Stamina cost is too high for what it does. Do you use Acid Spray just for kiting purposes?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Bar (Bow)
    - Poison Arrow
    - Lethal Arrow
    - Acid Spray
    - Mass Hysteria
    - Soul Siphon (Ultimate)

2. Bar (Sword & Shield)
    - Shielded Assault
    - Impale
    - Degeneration
    - Leeching Strikes

I had tried the 1h Shield setup with Bow but I wasn't liking it. I'm doing the same thing with Focused Attacks. I just picked it up a few days ago per the recommendation of a guildmate. He says the stamina regen is nice with his bow. I have Haste level to 4 and should have the morph tonight.

As for Acid Spray, I've actually never used that one. I played around with Bombard since it was an AoE Root but I feel the Stamina cost is too high for what it does. Do you use Acid Spray just for kiting purposes?

The main use for slotting a shield is for the block passives, my bow build will often use the bow for damage, snipe and acid arrow and my melee bar will be a shield and sword, that bar has all the shield passives as well as Ambush/Shield Charge, Soul Harvest, Impale for a fast stun and burst when they fall around 50-40% health. It's very effective in PVP.
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, kiting and some additional DMG via Poison. I'm not 100% happy with it but will stick a while to see how it works out.

Strongest CC I was gettingt was Magnum Shot and Trapping Webs form undaunted. (But only against Single Target)
    Trapping Webs has 28y range and snares for 50% (Acid Spray 20y and 40%) and Magnum Shot to build up the Range to 26y again if used at 10y.

Problem with both Skills I would have to drop Lethal Arrow or Focused Attacks.

1H Shield I use for intercepts with 2 sec Stun, Finisher with Impale and in PvE to heal me up. Leeching Strike, Healing Pot and Degeneration can keep me alive for long and Degeneration is really cheap for a Build around Stamina.
    Edited by Kego on August 11, 2014 2:42PM
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, kiting and some additional DMG via Poison. I'm not 100% happy with it but will stick a while to see how it works out.

Strongest CC I was gettingt was Magnum Shot and Trapping Webs form undaunted. (But only against Single Target)
    Trapping Webs has 28y range and snares for 50% (Acid Spray 20y and 40%) and Magnum Shot to build up the Range to 26y again if used at 10y.

Problem with both Skills I would have to drop Lethal Arrow or Focused Attacks.

Yeah, I keep putting Magnum Shot on my bar and keep swapping it out. I love the skill in PvE to no end. In PvP, it has it's uses but if I'm in bow and someone charges me, I'm going to weapon swap and start pounding them with my 2H, not push them back.

I may test out Acid Spray to see how it works in small group combat. I threw on Dark Shades last night for laughs. Sort of funny to snipe someone, pop shades and watch them run around trying to get away while I Venom Arrow them to death.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magnum shot is amazing in any part of the game. It is cheap to cast, has decent damage, and CC's your target. Arrow spray is nice CC, but expensive with weak damage. I cant honestly think of many situations I would want to have arrow spray... I mean if I was trying to hit so many targets, I would probably be retreating instead.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd consider Magnum Shot in a double bow build, but as it stands now when I get charged or they are holding block too much I fear them with Mass Hysteria (leaving them snared even if they break it) which will drop their block, weapon swap, Ambush, Soul Harvest and Impale equals they are dead.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd consider Magnum Shot in a double bow build, but as it stands now when I get charged or they are holding block too much I fear them with Mass Hysteria (leaving them snared even if they break it) which will drop their block, weapon swap, Ambush, Soul Harvest and Impale equals they are dead.

So I put it back on my bar last night, and was having fun with it. The disorient is nice and was critting over 500 with it. Venom Arrow, Lethal Arrow, Magnum Shot and Tangling Webs. I call it, "Na na, na, na, you can't catch me"