Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

We have jerkins, why not skirts?

• hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are only 2 races that could pull off skirts. Orcs and to a lesser degree Nords.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the people saying no to skirts are thinking we want miniskirts or something like that.

No, we just want the bottom section of robes as leg armor. I'd love to be able to combine the robe lower section with a heavy armor chestplate/leggings for that classic templar/paladin/crusader look.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Enjinir
    Enjinir
    ✭✭✭
    I want a bloody kilt!

Heck, I'd even take a clean one.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Please no skirts, I don't want some japanese emo anime theme here...

Lol.. Where do people come up with this? Were Templars Japanese? Don't they still teach history in school these days??

It does not have nothing to do with someones History knowledge, I want to say I don't want some Samurai drek or Cartoon style armor.

ahh, so you are not just lacking historical education, but grammatical education, as well.

You also seem to lack the ability to read the posts above yours.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure my original post was clear.

Not talking miniskirts or Korean MMO / anime / emo crap.

Actual, full length lower robes, like the bottoms of every other robe in the game, to go with Heavy Armor chest piece. To my mind, that's what a Battle Mage should wear and I WANT IT NOW! *tantrum*
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the "plate chest and plate leggings with cloth hood" look from the TES:IV Imperial Battle-Mage.

But on the whole, yes I agree, light armor legs should come in a pant and skirt option.
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are already skirts in game. (Daedric light armor)
    BBSooner wrote: »
    I like the "plate chest and plate leggings with cloth hood" look from the TES:IV Imperial Battle-Mage.

But on the whole, yes I agree, light armor legs should come in a pant and skirt option.

Would be a nice idea - even if I would prefer not to wear a skirt.

But please no heavy armor skirts.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since light armor already has some options, I'd only support this if medium and heavy get some alternate pieces as well.
  • Noctisse
    Noctisse
    ✭✭✭
    Enjinir wrote: »
    I want a bloody kilt!

Haha indeed! Heavy armor everything else + Kilt = Epic

@aipex8_ESO‌ Well this whole light armor Jerkin thing happened because light armor top also covers the trousers you are wearing and your shoes, since it's basically a dress. I suppose a lot of people didn't like that look, especially after going through a lot of trouble to get some particular epic pair of shoes or pants which they'd naturally want to be visible afterwards.
    Medium and Heavy tops do not cover other pieces of your armor, so I doubt we'll see any changes anytime soon.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah kilts would be cool!
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may be light armor skirts available in the Daedric motif, but that does very little for people who: A) don't have the Daedric motif and B) don't like the look of the Daedric armor.

Even with the upcoming dye options, some light armor robe-bottoms just looke better to me. Bosmer, in fact, is only knee-length which, from an RP perspective, gives tons of 'costume' options.

I just think the option to create light armor bottoms that are not pants would be a small addition that would take very little to implement but provide a lot of utility. As anything, there will always be knuckleheads that abuse it but I, for one, refuse to let the bottom-feeders determine how I play and enjoy my games.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
  • Paske
    Paske
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a skirt !

Playing a female char, I want a skirt :)
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctisse wrote: »
    Enjinir wrote: »
    I want a bloody kilt!

Haha indeed! Heavy armor everything else + Kilt = Epic

@aipex8_ESO‌ Well this whole light armor Jerkin thing happened because light armor top also covers the trousers you are wearing and your shoes, since it's basically a dress. I suppose a lot of people didn't like that look, especially after going through a lot of trouble to get some particular epic pair of shoes or pants which they'd naturally want to be visible afterwards.
    Medium and Heavy tops do not cover other pieces of your armor, so I doubt we'll see any changes anytime soon.

I understand why they added the shirt option for light armor, and I think it's great that you can choose the full robes look or something different. I'm just saying before adding even more options for light armor, maybe give the other 2 armor types some options to mix it up. The kilts and roman soldier armors shown above would work great for medium armor for example (think Skyrim leather armor).

• Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aye, when I say I want skirts in the game, I mean robe-bottoms, as in: full-length skirts.
    Anything above Knee-length would be very bad.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id love killing skirts in cyro.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Aye, when I say I want skirts in the game, I mean robe-bottoms, as in: full-length skirts.

really? why?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭

really? why?

Because it simply does not fit in the lore. I don't recall any lore character wearing mini-skirts. Shortest skirts I remember are the ones worn by imperial legion soldiers back in Morrowind.
    Edited by Bleakraven on July 25, 2014 3:02PM
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

really? why?

Because it simply does not fit in the lore. I don't recall any lore character wearing mini-skirts. Shortest skirts I remember are the ones worn by imperial legion soldiers back in Morrowind.

Skyrim Imperial and leather armors, just off the top of my head, had above the knee "skirts". And again, armor styles can change a lot in 1000 years, even if you hadn't seen something in the other TES games doesn't mean it couldn't be used in this era.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, why not. It enhances the game and takes nothing away.

I'm all for it
    EU | PC | AD
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whats next, t-shirts and tank tops? There must be a line on were to stop.

There are some nice ideas here though and I wont argue on that fact.
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theosis wrote: »

Neh, just the ability to craft what already exists in-game or that NPCs wear. Seriously, some non-armour clothing options would be nice (dresses, farmer outfit, etc.). Just retrain it to what already is in-game and perfectly lore-friendly.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Theosis wrote: »

I don't think you have to worry about that to be honest. ZOS have shown evidence so far that they don't want to cartoonise the game.

There are no armours exposing cleavage, no overly bright colors, no school-girl uniforms etc. etc.

If they decide to add skirts I think the designs will stay within the context of medieval/ancient warfare and not be something out of a Saturday night at a strip club.

I think the team of designers has shown enough so far to not be viewed with so much supsicion
    EU | PC | AD
  • zdkazz
    zdkazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    deadric light bottoms is still robes, i made one this morning heres my char in his glory
    kya10yP.jpg?1
  • andre.roques.3b14_ESO
    It's nota skirt...you haggis eating sod...it'sa' kilt!
    NA MegaServer
    Alicron AD Altmer Templar
    Caltrinity EP Dunmer Sorcerer
    Brehhanon Moonblood DC Breton Nightblade
  • Kaloran
    Kaloran
    ✭✭✭
    all those armor's except the pact one looks silly, this one however, is bad ass. :)

chaosknight.jpg
    Aww. I miss my Chosen. /sadface
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crafting alt can make you a skirt - he found the "Dior" motif the other day. But it's going to cost you big time......
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it matches my Manolo boots, you have a deal!
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    im gonna say no skirts as this is not a korean mmo
    You're right. This isn't a Korean MMO. It's an Elder Scrolls game.

I combine skirts and armor all the time in Elder Scrolls games.

So did the Imperial Legion. In you know...The Elder Scrolls.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this implemented.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+