The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Emperor Trading

• beka
    beka
    Hey, all. We've moved this thread from the General Discussion - English section to the Alliance War section. Thanks!

This discussion belongs in general as long as former emperor buffs function outside of cyrodiil.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have also made Emp Farming take off again recently by making the dye system achievement based... now everyone is running around and trying to get all the achievements they can before the next big update so that they have a good amount of color selection.

The moves they are making to combat the emp farming is a good step in the right direction but more needs to be done because a lot of people can get 50k AP pretty fast in the heavily population campaigns. Maybe make it have an alliance rank requirement... I don't know but it will be interesting to see how the new 5 campaigns do against emp farmers.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Otar, changes AFTER the fact would mean many people run around with the Dye and Skill line who were a part of the sheer amounts of boosting going on. That, in my most honest opinion, is a slap in the face to everyone else. Unless it's encouraged and perfectly okay.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ can you shed some light on whether this is allowed or not? If you look at other threads like:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/122088/remove-former-emporer-perks-buffs/p1

-- you will notice there are many inquiring minds wanting to know and clarity needed from ZOS BEFORE the patch. So if it is indeed "okay", then everyone should be doing it. If not, then it should be removed. I say this because it's mostly what I hear that is going on from friends (and on the forums, zone chat, etc.) in various semi-active+ campaigns. Which is it? Thanks!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

The clear solution to emperor farming is simply to get rid of the former emperor buffs

I agree. Completely

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not going to be enough they mentioned its 10k now..and to be raised to 50k..thats not nearly enough ap required to get emperor.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still like to see there be smaller buffs for ranks 2-10 on the leaderboards, and even more diminished ones for ranks 11-20, similar to the active Emperorship buffs but less powerful and no skill line left behind. If your faction has Emperorship, then your top players all get rewarded while in power... call them Generals and Lieutenants :p .

I also want to see, and saw Brian mention already, rewards for being at good spots in the leaderboard at the end of the campaigns... glad to have heard that's coming.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭
    Here are the buffs that you say you want removed from former emperors, but don't seem to directly discuss exactly how that is effecting you:

1. Increases the magnitude of healing effects on former emperors by 1%.
    2. Decreases ultimate costs by 5%.
    3. Increases health, magicka, and stamina combat regeneration by 2%.
    4. Increases siege weapon damage by 2%.

I'm sorry, those buffs are trivial. Let me get this straight, if someone heals a former emperor for 1000hp, that former emperor will actually get healed for 1010hp! OP. Remove it. That 10hp will keep them alive long enough for them to pop their ultimates at 95% instead of 100%. This matters... as long as the player absolutely always pops their ultimates as SOON as it becomes available, otherwise that passive just got wasted. What's 2% of 76? 1.52. That's how much that regeneration buff gives to the soft cap for magicka and stamina regeneration. Let's double that, like that's possible, and assume the player already has 152 regeneration. 3.04... Want to do the same math with health regeneration? 2% of 86? 1.72! Let's do that same trick where the person already has double that, despite the diminishing returns(just so we can have a bigger more imaginary number to complain about.) 3.44 if the person has 172 health regeneration. Let's not forget about that OP siege damage bonus. What's 2% of 2500??? It's 50. So those guys do 2550 on their sieges? The walls must crumble before them like crackers in the curious hands of a toddler. I'm not even going to mention what kind of a passive aggressive whiny snotty person you would have to be to make a whole forum discussion about removing such a thing, like this somehow ruins your experience... Maybe those former emperors don't have an advantage over you because of those little buffs. Maybe they have an advantage over you because they're just better than you at the game? Just a theory. I could be completely wrong. Maybe they are ruining pvp by exploiting as you so wormishly implied. Maybe Olympic swimmers crashed your pool party, too. I don't know. I'm mean... Oh well.
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Even PvE'rs think that the former emperor perks should be removed and I highly agree onto that, there should be gift from being dethroned or abdicating from the throne, and those people doing this have morale issues.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the buffs that you say you want removed from former emperors, but don't seem to directly discuss exactly how that is effecting you: (...)
    I don't really care about the buffs. My main complaint is that this appears to be an exploit, and is extremely off-putting to me. I feel very little desire to participate in PvP when factions are being driven by a few players who want to trade the title back and forth. For anyone who cares about their faction, to see people stand by while the "enemy" takes their forts removes any incentive to contribute.

Some people say this is just politics. But you know what also happens in politics? Traitors are imprisoned and/or executed. Would you be willing to allow players who help an opposing faction to be perma-killed, banned from their faction or imprisoned? Is it even worth it?
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing with stuff like this is that while Zenimax usually eventually do something about it, for weeks it remains the same.

And it does affect other players. I enjoy PvP but I am only an avrage PvPer. I was looking forward to the day my skills increased to the point where I got the killing an emperor achievement.

I got it the other day while we were taking a keep and the emperor I killed would never have got to emperor without farming, its made my achievement meaningless.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the buffs that you say you want removed from former emperors, but don't seem to directly discuss exactly how that is effecting you:

I'm not even going to mention what kind of a passive aggressive whiny snotty person you would have to be to make a whole forum discussion about removing such a thing, like this somehow ruins your experience... Maybe those former emperors don't have an advantage over you because of those little buffs. Maybe they have an advantage over you because they're just better than you at the game? Just a theory. I could be completely wrong. Maybe they are ruining pvp by exploiting as you so wormishly implied. Maybe Olympic swimmers crashed your pool party, too. I don't know. I'm mean... Oh well.

lol - i don't know what kind of an ignorant whiny snotty person would miss the mark so completely and make such a lengthy post (done many times by others before)

if you took the the time to read some of the numerous threads regarding emperor farming you'd have a clearer picture of the actual issue at hand

the issue is NOT the buffs or the title for former emperors, the issue is those farming the title have done so in a manner that uses exploits, have threatened and intimidated players, ruined the campaigns that they are on to the point where other players have left the campaign or the game entirely

before you say 'prove it' - read the other threads - all the proof you need

most people aren't saying 'remove the buffs because they are OP' - most people are saying 'remove the buffs because as insignificant as they seem, there is an entire section of the player base that thinks they are worth screwing fellow players over for and it's ruining the PvP for many players'

it's more like your olympic swimmers crashed the pool party and then all proceeded to stand at the edge of the pool and pee in the water causing folks to either not want to get into the pool, or leave the party altogether - has nothing to do with their skills

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on July 27, 2014 2:10PM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    just to many people not worthy of the title and skill line that don't have any idea of how to lead.
    Right now its possible to crown an emperor in 8,
    i really hoped that to get an emperor there was the need of lots of players (100 and more) and a huge coordination between them so that the leader that got everything working would become emperor.

Right now its just a joke.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These folks have ruined an aspect of the game they should be striped .... if they leave who cares.

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables