The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Fishing question

EvilEmpire
EvilEmpire
✭✭✭
Hey all, for anyone that is playing on the PTS (I have not had a chance to download the installer for this as my internet connection is horrible), I saw in the patch notes for 1.3.1 that they were fixing the Achievement for fishing, but has anyone noticed if you are able to actually loot the rare fish in this release?
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently testing the fishing on the PTS (the only reason I even installed it) but still gathering a bunch of worms. I doubt they'll be lootable now because they are still collectibles, not trophies like the regular fish. And the newly implemented collectibles also aren't lootable so there is little reason to assume the rare fish will behave differently.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • EmeraldEyes
    EmeraldEyes
    ✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    I'm currently testing the fishing on the PTS (the only reason I even installed it) but still gathering a bunch of worms. I doubt they'll be lootable now because they are still collectibles, not trophies like the regular fish. And the newly implemented collectibles also aren't lootable so there is little reason to assume the rare fish will behave differently.

I heard collectables are lootable. They just disappear when you use them.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »

I heard collectables are lootable. They just disappear when you use them.
    Yes that is what I ment for rare fish as well.

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • TheFalcon19
    TheFalcon19
    ✭✭✭
    This was the first thing I tried yesterday.
    I went to Bleakrock and managed to catch the Inner Sea Scalyfin on the first try.
    The achievement is awarded now and the fish goes into your inventory.
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭
    This was the first thing I tried yesterday.
    I went to Bleakrock and managed to catch the Inner Sea Scalyfin on the first try.
    The achievement is awarded now and the fish goes into your inventory.

Falcon, you've given me hope! I'm a big fisherman IRL and have wanted this achievement since day one, but refused to even try if i couldn't keep the rare trophies. I've got this nerdy idea that eventually I'll be able to mount them all over my in-game house, so didn't want to have to go re-catch anything.

I truly hope this gets pushed to the prod environment.
  • Shennynerd
    Shennynerd
    ✭✭✭
    IT WORKS!

VWjsZBg.jpg
    Rose - AD - Khajiit Nightblade
    Modest Argonian Maid - EP - Argonian Sorceror
    Man Shen - AD - Altmer Templar
    Largesse - DC - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Which-Way-To-The-Beach - AD - Argonian Sorceror