The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What on earth is going on with Radar Mini Map?!?!

zgrssd
zgrssd
✭✭✭✭
Originally this was posted by Cairnn on the ESOUI forum. But I figured some people who use the addons might not visit that forum regulary and might need that information too:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2008
Well, what is going on is it would appear that the actual author's account may have been hacked. The (apparent) hacker uploaded a screwed up version of RMM. Since then, the (apparent) hacking of the account has become known to us. At that point, I went in and put a temporary (note, temporary) ban on the account until we can get it sorted out. I wanted to prevent the person from doing any more damage than has already been done. I have also re-uploaded a previous (legit) version of the addon, again, until we can get this whole mess sorted out.

If you downloaded RMM v0.5, you have the messed up version. Re-download the version I just put up on the site, 0.463a. If you had not yet updated to v0.5, then you are fine and you don't need to download either of the updates posted thus far today (the hackers, v0.5 and then mine, v0.463a).

Sorry for the confusion, we hope to have this sorted out asap.
In short, if you have version RMM v0.5: Deinstall it. Reinstall v0.463a manually.
If you don't have this version, nothing to worry about.
Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see the version you speak of, but the front page says:

I quit eso.
    There will be no more updates for RMM.
    If someone wants to take over RMM, let me know.
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    I wish somebody would pickup RMM to keep it alive in the long term, it's by far the best mini-map out there. This is the problem when we have to rely on mod makers to provide a functional UI that the game designers didn't provide... sadly those mod makers inevitably move on elsewhere.
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Worst part of this is that on the first ever presentation video of ESO, one of the screens clearly show a round minimap. Must not be a priority for ZOS but the code was there at some point.
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMM isn't really a round minimap. It's still square. He uses a graphic to hide the corners. It's a neat affect, but you have to live with the graphic he overlayed to get it.

EMM is a solid, current minimap if you're jonesing for one.
  • thorspark
    thorspark
    ✭✭✭
    ZrMinimap has been updated recently too and is quite as good as RMM
    DK Vet 12 / NB Vampire Vet 7 / Sorcerer Vet 5 / Templar WW - Guilde Les pochtrons
  • Swampster
    Swampster
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked the skinnable nature of RMM.. as Wykkyd points out, it essentially enables it to appear round. As well as being perfectly functional it just looks better ... I especially like the rotational compass wheel!
    Swampriel - Nightblade (Archer Build) - Ebonheart Pact - Veteran
    Swampess - DragonKnight - Eboheart Pact - Lowbie Faceroller
  • Scottezl
    Scottezl
    Soul Shriven
    I currently still use RMM, even though it's no longer officially supported. I agree it would be great if someone else picked it up. EMM isn't bad either, and will be the minimap I fall back on if/when RMM no longer works properly.

I haven't tried ZrMini in a couple moths, but it was causing me serious FPS issues at the time. I'm sure they've been resolved by now.

Thanks to all of our addon authors for their hard work. Not sure I could play the game at all without some of my addons.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZRMM has had performance improvements put in by the new(er) author. Easy way to test it out for your yourself is to make the keybind to hide the zrmm. I used F12 myself and numpad +/- for zooming.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Swampster wrote: »
    I really liked the skinnable nature of RMM.. as Wykkyd points out, it essentially enables it to appear round. As well as being perfectly functional it just looks better ... I especially like the rotational compass wheel!
    I updated ZrMiniMap with a rotational mode today. This will open the possibility to apply round weel textures on it.
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    EU Megaserver (167) - Fyrakin
    MiniMap author
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    I just published ZrMiniMap with a true wheel mode. You can now make custom wheel textures for it and feel free to send them my way to be added in later updates.tvo29l2fwha9.jpg
    Edited by Fyrakin on September 17, 2014 4:13PM
    NA Megaserver (810) - Fyrakin, Loremaster Fyrakin, Cartographer Fyrakin, Taskmaster Tobin, Zergas, Texa, Furnacius, Hextex
    MiniMap author
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you use alpha channels to round the corners?
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Wykkyd wrote: »
    did you use alpha channels to round the corners?

Alpha channel is in the wheel texture, other than that no. Map textures are within the wheel limits.
    MiniMap author
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMM is still the best minimap for ESO by FAR.

Props to the authors of the other maps, nothing wrong with using those, but RMM just has features and configuration options that for me is simply essential.

The main thing RMM has that no other minimap has is BORDER PINS. Watch this video to see how essential this is. Basically, it will show floating pins around the border for active quest objectives and party members that are currently off your minimap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgVKsnCltk

You can get a pre-configured set of SavedVariables files to make your UI look like mine by clicking the PhinixUI link in my sig.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Its not all that hard to implement, honestly I never thought such feature would be all that essential. I'll consider adding it.
    MiniMap author
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    I just made initial coding for border icons, here is how it looks:
    e41ljlnbom2d.jpg

MiniMap author
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you move fast, Fyrakin. Nice job!

It may still need some tweaks... Like I personally prefer the border pins to hover a bit inside the border. Also I haven't actually tested to see how group pins work, or if there is an option to turn off the graphical border line altogether.

I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this and may consider making the switch from RMM in the future, especially if it ever breaks.

Cheers.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, you move fast, Fyrakin. Nice job!

It may still need some tweaks... Like I personally prefer the border pins to hover a bit inside the border. Also I haven't actually tested to see how group pins work, or if there is an option to turn off the graphical border line altogether.

I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this and may consider making the switch from RMM in the future, especially if it ever breaks.

Cheers.

I was happy to get back to geometry math, so for me most interesting part was to make the pins in correct places :). And yes, you can disable border in options. This is initial code, I'll tweak it for sure soon. Group pins still need to be tested, I didn't have time to do it yet.

My main focus is minimap performance and how it affects the UI alltogether. I'm not saying my MiniMap is fastest (I never tried other MiniMaps nor did I compare), but it works up to my expectations. At least I see absolutely no difference in FPS with or without it.
    Edited by Fyrakin on September 19, 2014 8:39PM
    MiniMap author
  • Spectrasoul
    Spectrasoul
    ✭✭✭
    Nice job Fyrakin. Have to say that my minimap is my most appreciated addon. If for some reason I don't have it enabled I feel totally lost without it like I'm playing blind!
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    lc0or32bfzj8.jpg
    Added wheel texture selections. Here is an example of Moosetrax's texture applied on the wheel mode.

I added settings to filter assisted and group leader pins for border icons (note that they can only be seen in non wheel mode, just yet)
    MiniMap author
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question Fyrakin... do you ever play the game? I mean, your addon is the one wich updates more frequently, almost a new version every 2 days. Do you have time left to play and enjoy TESO?
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wykkyd, Fyrakin. Thank you both for whipping up some awesome add-ons. I use Wykkyd's Gaming Suite and Fyra's minimap and I'm nothing short of satisfied.

Bang up job.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Valije wrote: »
    Just a question Fyrakin... do you ever play the game? I mean, your addon is the one wich updates more frequently, almost a new version every 2 days. Do you have time left to play and enjoy TESO?

I have plenty of time to play the game, I've spent alot of time there questing, crafting, etc - mostly solo. I do coding at my extra time during work :)

MiniMap author
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely looking better, Fyrakin!

Just a few more tweaks and it will be (at least in my mind) where it needs to be:
    • Font settings for player position.
    • Transparency slider for options (on side of map).
    • Ability to hide the zoom level.

Haven't had a lot of time to fully test but those were the things that jumped out.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    You can hide zoom level, font options are going to be included just like for zone name.

What transparecy slider and for what?
    MiniMap author
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Border pins on round map are a must.
    There is a slight stutter in the map draw when its round even with the delay turned down.
    I have had a couple of occasions near the edge of a map where it bugged out completely and I had to reloadui.
    Quest pins occasionally hang until you zone or reload, such as completed quest steps staying on the map.

Very great work so far. You are slowly converting me to a minimap user.
    Edited by Wykkyd on September 21, 2014 8:00AM
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    Border pins on round map are a must.
    There is a slight stutter in the map draw when its round even with the delay turned down.
    I have had a couple of occasions near the edge of a map where it bugged out completely and I had to reloadui.
    Quest pins occasionally hang until you zone or reload, such as completed quest steps staying on the map.

Very great work so far. You are slowly converting me to a minimap user.

Map "stutter" may be caused by so called View Scroll Stepping, if you set it to .5 (have to do it while out of game and edit saved variable MapStepping value) you should see a smoother scrolling. in v1.72 I'll change minimum value from 1 to 0.5.

Map texture refresh in wheel mode fix is comming in v1.72, quest pins were fixed (mostly :)) in v1.71 - if I find any more bugs I'll fix them.

I'm getting to the point when I start working on border pins for wheel mode.
    MiniMap author
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    gy13h5nmac0t.jpg

This is how border Icons are looking on the wheel mode :). Still this version is undergoing my testing, but so far it looks good.

Finished testing, its now published on esoui website.
    Edited by Fyrakin on September 22, 2014 10:22AM
    MiniMap author
  • Wykkyd
    Wykkyd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it, man.

Request:

Please put a "default round mode" button and a "default square mode" button in the settings menu that would enable Round with that graphic & border pins, etc... to make it easier for users to adopt. Then I think you'll be golden.
  • Fyrakin
    Fyrakin
    ✭✭✭
    cyt5a8stgzwv.jpg
    Love it, man.

Request:

Please put a "default round mode" button and a "default square mode" button in the settings menu that would enable Round with that graphic & border pins, etc... to make it easier for users to adopt. Then I think you'll be golden.

Hmm, how about I make reccomended round mode and recommended square mode buttons to set all neat stuff up all with border pins recommended sizes etc.?
    Edited by Fyrakin on September 22, 2014 4:03PM
    MiniMap author