The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Armor dyes. Base colors should be free

xaade
xaade
✭✭✭
I think some base 6-7 colors should be relatively free, or something you'd have by level 20.
I'm talking
Dark grey
Pale red
Pale green
Pale Blue
Pale yellow
Gray

I don't like the idea that I log in with a template character and access 6 colors.

I understand the vast majority should be locked to achievements, but can we have some starter colors please.

Let's not make the blizzard's outlands clown armor mistake please. This is the perfect opportunity to prevent that mistake.
Edited by xaade on July 20, 2014 8:25PM
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of base colours are pretty much free. Mage guild gives you a blue for just signing up. Fighters guild gives you a red for signing up. You get a grey for literally leaving the prison. I mean there are a lot you get for doing nothing.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I leveled a character from 1-25 in PTS without really hunting for any achievements and have already unlocked 33 different dye colors. So I have no clue what your raving about.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He was worried that with a VR12 character on the PTS there were only a handful of dyes unlocked. He didn't realize that by simply playing regularly so many dyes are easily unlocked. He assumed because a VR12 character only had a few unlocked that they were ridiculously hard to acquire. To the OP, the limited dyes on the template character are simply a function of how the template character was "created".
  • xaade
    xaade
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, ok.
    I didn't really check all the requirements on the dyes.

I simply saw things that had high requirements.
    Red and blue, that's cool. Grey, good too.

33 at 25 is a fair number.

Thanks for the info.