The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Limited additon pig pet

• Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    I still vote for a peppa pig vanity..
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
  • lestaudenmaierub17_ESO
    On another note, I'd love that in-game pig.... :(. Wish I could get one!
    QuakeCon was not the only chance to get a Bristlegut Piglet vanity pet. We'll be giving away codes for these at future conventions in 2014, too (just visit the Bethesda booth)!

So I live in DC. If I stop by your office in northern Baltimore is it the same as stopping by a booth? Will i get a code for the piglet?

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akula wrote: »
    With all the uproar about not getting the pet doggie, I bet this one is going to blow a gasket in some people brains.

9929bbb775.jpg

Not at all. Everyone technically had the opportunity to attend.

You should be able to see the difference between the Quakecon pet giveaway and the Steam pet giveaway.
    Edited by Holycannoli on July 23, 2014 11:48PM
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the uproar about not getting the pet doggie, I bet this one is going to blow a gasket in some people brains.

9929bbb775.jpg

You should be able to see the difference between the Quakecon pet giveaway and the Steam pet giveaway.

As a student living in Australia, I technically could, but wasn't exactly feasible.

That being said I'm betting all the pets will eventually go in the store sort of thing, I'm not worried in the slightest.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭

9929bbb775.jpg

Playing devil's advocate here, but technically everyone also has the opportunity to get the Steam pet. All it requires is another purchase of the game.

Just like getting the Quakecon pet "only" requires attendance. If you live next door, it might not be a big deal. But for most other people, it requires a plane ticket to Texas, possibly a rental car (+ gasoline costs), possibly a hotel, and you might need to take a day (or few) off from work. And if you're in Europe, you may need to apply and pay for a visa to even enter the U.S.

My estimated costs to attend Quakecon in person would be the equivalent of a game purchase plus a subscription longer than 5 years.

For some (most?) people, it's much cheaper to just buy another copy + sub of the game than it is to attend a convention, unless there was a way of "attending" Quakecon online (which is not something I would know about).
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 24, 2014 12:09AM
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »

9929bbb775.jpg

Playing devil's advocate here, but technically everyone also has the opportunity to get the Steam pet. All it requires is another purchase of the game.

Just like getting the Quakecon pet "only" requires attendance. If you live next door, it might not be a big deal. But for most other people, it requires a plane ticket to Texas, possibly a rental car (+ gasoline costs), possibly a hotel, and you might need to take a day (or few) off from work. And if you're in Europe, you may need to apply and pay for a visa to even enter the U.S.

My estimated costs to attend Quakecon would be the equivalent of a game purchase plus a subscription longer than 5 years.

For some (most?) people, it's much cheaper to just buy another copy + sub of the game than it is to attend a convention.

You mean not only to get the game again ofc , you also understand we would need to give up the account all chars and everything we did that could not be traded and sent to the next account.

The dog is linked directly to the steam account , it is not just buying a new game , it is starting it a second time on another account.

PS: you will find codes for the pig on sale online , you wont find those for the dog :P.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on July 24, 2014 12:09AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, ultimately I'll wait till vanity pets become tradable or for when they inevitable start selling them in the store. GW2 had a good vanity pet system, hopefully ESO takes a similar approach.
    Edited by The_Sadist on July 24, 2014 12:12AM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »

9929bbb775.jpg

My estimated costs to attend Quakecon would be the equivalent of a game purchase plus a subscription longer than 5 years.

For some (most?) people, it's much cheaper to just buy another copy + sub of the game than it is to attend a convention.

You mean not only to get the game again ofc , you also understand we would need to give up the account all chars and everything we did that could not be traded and sent to the next account.

The dog is linked directly to the steam account , it is not just buying a new game , it is starting it a second time on another account.

PS: you will find codes for the pig on sale online , you wont find those for the dog :P.

I did mention I was acting as a devil's advocate (linked) here, i.e. arguing for argument's sake. I did not feel the statement made by the poster I replied to (that anyone can attend Quakecon, but that not anyone can get the game on Steam) is necessarily true.

Yes, I understand that the dog is linked to the Steam account. I also understand that you'd have to start over from scratch -- but you'd get the dog, even if not on your preferred account.

I would not purchase any pet codes from third party sources, as there is a big risk of being cheated out of one's money, possibly without any punishment for the scammer.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Limited Addition pig pet comes with free Abacus.

I saw one of these in the bank in Rivenspire. Very cute little guy. If they do put one up for sale, I hope it's one of those spotted pigs like Glutton.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO
    :o this pig is much better than the freaking crab & scuttler came with the imperial edition .......
  • purgatorywolf_ESO
    Maotti_Nor wrote: »
    There's no such thing as "Limited edition" when that pig obviously is in the game files.

Zenimax, you really want this game to sink won't you? So much fail in under 24 hours.

You have a cashshop, you may actually want to start making use of it!

wouldnt be the first game to release something special for people who attend cons.

~*~Some people are like slinkies. Completely useless, but it makes you smile to push them down the stairs. ~*~
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please if anyone giving away extra codes please PM me one ;D Would be appreciated!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please if anyone giving away extra codes please PM me one ;D Would be appreciated!

I doubt antone will be GIVING them away, now some might sell them, and if you want to trust a random stranger with financial details..
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually some people are giving away codes, I mean it's peoples choice will they give away or not.I would really like to get it as I had no possibly chance to get to Bethesda Conventions as I live in EU.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually some people are giving away codes, I mean it's peoples choice will they give away or not.I would really like to get it as I had no possibly chance to get to Bethesda Conventions as I live in EU.

Fair enough.

I did see someone with the Pig, it looked interesting, but I suspect I'ld get bored of it just as quickly as the scuttler.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dogs? Pigs? Well, they're cute and all, but...

Break the mold ZOS, bestow upon us a pet snake, with thy divine might. I have yet to see one of those as a vanity pet in a game. =D

Who doesn't want an adorable 3 yard long redtail slithering around behind them, idly chomping on the forest wildlife and sunbathing on rocks?

Vote for Snake 2014!

P.S. - No matter how much anybody tries to claim otherwise, ESO won't fail because somebody at a convention got a pig, and someone else didn't.
    Edited by Sarenia on August 31, 2014 4:35PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • ThornJagger
    ThornJagger
    ✭✭✭
    Love to have a cat! :D
    I never loose... I either win or learn.
    Vae Victis forever
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forget the pet pigs and dogs wheres the PET CHEESE !!!!!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw one of these pigs running around in a bank the other day. I was embarrassed for the owner.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Limited addition" is something that my students specialize in.

Edit: And now that I look more closely, "additon" is misspelled as well. Nice, OP.
    Edited by Kartalin on October 3, 2014 4:52AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one off ebay for $2... no problem. :)
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, give some rube a pet just for attending an event. That will no doubt get sold on ebay for big dollars if the person in question doesn't actually play the game.

So, reward for people paying to play for last 6 months roughly was a pet wraith pet that took until the end of September to arrive. 2 other pets were given away to people doing non game related stuff.

In the end it seems they are doing more to bring new people to the game then trying to retain the existing base. Like they expect huge churn. Or designed the game for it up front.

I think someone just flushed my toilet.
    Edited by Probitas on October 3, 2014 5:17AM
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cgipervert wrote: »
    I saw one of these pigs running around in a bank the other day. I was embarrassed for the owner.
    No wonder; Khajiit> Mer>Mudcrabs>Pigs>Humans
    Must have been a Breton. Even without pigs, they're an embarrasement.
    milthalas wrote: »
    "Limited addition" is something that my students specialize in.

Edit: And now that I look more closely, "additon" is misspelled as well. Nice, OP.
    Took you two tries, too nice.
    I got one off ebay for $2... no problem. :)
    lucky .... you!
    Probitas wrote: »
    Wow, give some rube a pet just for attending an event. That will no doubt get sold on ebay for big dollars if the person in question doesn't actually play the game.

So, reward for people paying to play for last 6 months roughly was a pet wraith pet that took until the end of September to arrive. 2 other pets were given away to people doing non game related stuff.

In the end it seems they are doing more to bring new people to the game then trying to retain the existing base. Like they expect huge churn. Or designed the game for it up front.

I think someone just flushed my toilet.
    Someone had to, can't collect that *** till eternity, space's limited, y'know.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another note, I'd love that in-game pig.... :(. Wish I could get one!
    QuakeCon was not the only chance to get a Bristlegut Piglet vanity pet. We'll be giving away codes for these at future conventions in 2014, too (just visit the Bethesda booth)!

that would be awesome... except i'm Australian
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather the pig :(
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    I could have sworn I won a T shirt and Pig Pet at quakecon... but I haven't gotten my dear, sweet piggie yet :((( *jealous*
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Michael.LaMagdelaineub17_ESO
    I like pets, costumes, and mounts...but is this really that important? One pet isn't going to kill you.
  • TD5160_ESO
    TD5160_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like pets, costumes, and mounts...but is this really that important? One pet isn't going to kill you.

Was there REALLY any reason to necro a post that hasn't been replied to since October?
  • Parrotbrain
    Parrotbrain
    ✭✭✭
    where's my lol button...?
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HolyNecropost_zpsecba4c7f.jpg.