The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Heraldry Uniqueness

Fissh
Fissh
✭✭✭✭✭
Will a certain combination (color, pattern, emblem) be locked once used? To prevent duplicate tabard's is why I ask. I mean, with the many combination options, it should not be a problem to do this and not 'run out' of options for others.
Simple inquiry.
Edited by Fissh on July 10, 2014 8:32PM
<X-Raided>
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    I sure hope not.
    Options
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why hope not? I am not going to sit here and do the math, but there is (generic guess) over 2 million, at least, combinations to have. Locking a certain combination of colors, pattern, and emblem is not a problem. It simply allows a guild to know they are unique with there tabard and it cannot be copied.
    <X-Raided>
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fissh wrote: »
    Why hope not?
    Because you know some clown out there will figure out how to make thousands of combinations just to screw with people.

Locking out combinations would just be another disaster in the waiting ...
    dry.gif
    Options
  • Taz
    Taz
    ✭✭✭
    Likely everyone will rush to get the 'cool' combinations (namely black colorings, wolf and dragon symbols, etc) eventually leaving folks who don't get there quickly no option to have the combination they want. I don't really think combinations should be first come first serve just so a guild feels unique.

Besides, considering the long term, what happens when a guild becomes inactive, or a couple years from now when there are inactive guilds yet more guilds being made/coming that are now locked out of combinations that aren't even being used anymore? It'd just be more work to keep things updated or refreshed so that doesn't happen. On a megaserver in a game that is big (or will get bigger when more content is released and more bugs are fixed, etc) it just doesn't seem like a solid idea.
    Options
  • Fissh
    Fissh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I can see this logic. Thanks for input peeps :)
    <X-Raided>
    Options