The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Still no fix or any information about the "stuck in combat bug"?

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
i just had to force quit because even after several minutes i still could not recall, logout, or even change gear because of combat that had occured before hand.

no mobs nearby, not even in a room they can access and i still am "in combat"

this bug has been seriously annoying for months now and needs to be fixed...
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've fixed it by swimming across 'deep water' to an island. That seems to reset it, since it seems to force the server to realize the mob really has no path to you and to drop you out of combat.

But it seems like if it still has a valid path, regardless of distance, it'll keep you in combat. Kind of like the mobs that chase you for miles, do a single attack, then run at high speed back to their assigned spot, their attack completed.

Find something that breaks the path, since they haven't fixed it nor seem to do a good mob tether.
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar ot stuck with this in the villiage of the lost dungeon last night (there were no mobs alive to have aggro on me). jumping down into water and swimming to new island didn't help. Caused my gear to decay a lot too.

I get it in Cyrodil a lot too.
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continually get this on my NB, and I end up getting myself killed deliberately to sort it, which isn't ideal cause its costing me in game gold to repair.

I done some testing in craglorn while killing the groups of bear things for hides, and what I found was using Impale during the battle would guarantee I got stuck in combat after. If I never used impale, I came away out of combat immediately. I think the other morph of impale does the same because I only recently changed it to impale but I was getting the in combat bug for months. I bugged it, but doubt it'll get addressed. I'm sure its a nightblade thing.
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    This classic bug is the bane of the healer in pvp. Usually it means after capping a resource, you get to watch everybody else mount and zip off to the next resource or to the keep to start siege, and you're running after them lamely with your staff because you can't mount while still in (non-existent) combat. I suspect it's because if healing effects (purifying ritual, mutagen, etc) are still active, it's assumed you're still engaged in combat. I have rarely seen it happen in pve zones, though.
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This classic bug is the bane of the healer in pvp. Usually it means after capping a resource, you get to watch everybody else mount and zip off to the next resource or to the keep to start siege, and you're running after them lamely with your staff because you can't mount while still in (non-existent) combat. I suspect it's because if healing effects (purifying ritual, mutagen, etc) are still active, it's assumed you're still engaged in combat. I have rarely seen it happen in pve zones, though.

Evil Hunter...

The last time this happened I still had evil hunters effect active. I had been killing tons of undead to the point its duration was several minutes easily...

This ability could be forcing me into combat....
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭

The healer being stuck in combat has been ongoing. Just like has been said, cap a resource, everyone mounts up and leaves and healer is left running until right before next resource...in combat the whole time. If mounting right after capping, at flag, it is ok, an extra heal at the end and you are screwed being the last duck dawdling behind your group.

• Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok its August 09 and this bug is still CONSTANTLY affecting me..

FIX IT FOR ****S SAKE

YOU CANT LOG OUT WHEN THIS HAPPENS! YOU CANT CHANGE GEAR.

THIS BS BASICALLY FORCES YOU TO HAVE TO FORCE QUIT THE GAME TO FIX IT
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I noticed this tonight in Cyrodil, I was switching between 2H and resto, and sometimes when I had been using resto I'd get the message that I couldn't mount during combat, even though I wasn't in combat - really annoying.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the reason healers are stuck in combat in pvp, is the dot heals they spam on other players during fights, as long as this dot is going, you will stay in combat.

Still I stopped being a healer due to this
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can be using nothing but normal light and heavy attacks to complete a dark anchor, and still get this bug..
  • Tashira
    Tashira
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same thing happening... It takes longer and longer to exit combat if it does it at all. I have also been getting the stuck in place after combat as well and cannot move. Anyone else?

Only way I have been able to get out of it is to either log out and log back in or to use a heavy attack and then roll forward.
  • Richard.A.Ferrellub17_ESO
    This happens to me about once per hour. I have to force quit the game. You can't log out in combat. This has been occurring since launch and the issue hasn't even been acknowledged. Does ZOS even play their own game? Granted, it is probably extremely difficult to determine the cause of an instance so inconsistent.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the Z key still work ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on August 16, 2014 12:54PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited