The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vanity Pets Anyone?

• RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want any vanity pets. A useful companion, even a talking skull with a great sense of humor and a very strong bite to help in battles would be fantastic though. (Remember Planescape: Torment? Scores across the board in the 9s)

It's great that our characters don't get in each others way but look out for the NPCs. I got tired of seeing my CE pet in my inventory or in the bank or following me around so I destroyed it--that was the only way.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want a ragdoll cat pet to follow me around just like my real ragdoll does. He makes me feel worshipped!

Also those little striped pony guars and senches of various colours. Maybe a lion too...
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    RatsnevE wrote: »
    I don't want any vanity pets. A useful companion, even a talking skull with a great sense of humor and a very strong bite to help in battles would be fantastic though. (Remember Planescape: Torment? Scores across the board in the 9s)

It's great that our characters don't get in each others way but look out for the NPCs. I got tired of seeing my CE pet in my inventory or in the bank or following me around so I destroyed it--that was the only way.

@RatsnevE‌, It wouldn't be mandatory lol. You have to get them yourself on your own time & such. As long as they make it so they aren't like NPCs I don't see an issue with it. They finally made it so you can walk through the Sorc's familiars. As long as it's like that it'd add some fun to the game for those of us that like to have them.

I do think that they should make it where once you use the pet on a toon it's bound to it. You'd be able to pull it up from an area in the journal or something like that. It shouldn't take up bank or inventory space, unless of course you are putting it in the bank to take out on an alt.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
    Katniss Everlark VR 6 Nightblade Archer Werewolf
    A few alts all under level 25
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Generally when developers start worrying more about mounts and pets instead of actual content, class balancing, and bug fixes, I leave.

Because that's the epitome of lazy game development.
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I want a ragdoll cat pet to follow me around just like my real ragdoll does. He makes me feel worshipped!

Also those little striped pony guars and senches of various colours. Maybe a lion too...

Yes a lion cub!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »
    Generally when developers start worrying more about mounts and pets instead of actual content, class balancing, and bug fixes, I leave.

@Pmarsico9‌, I never said that had to be a focus. It'd be nice to have more than what there is. I'm fine with the horses. I don't want to have to feed another mount to get full speed or bag space.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be 2 entirely different development teams. It wouldn't impact the game at all.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course, there are many, many developers and something small and cosmetic would really only take one. They can add an entire veteran map but when someone wants something small, people say bugs and balance is more important. Same replies in a similar thread I made, but it's a ridiculous assumption to think that adding small features would stop them from doing anything else.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »

Of course, there are many, many developers and something small and cosmetic would really only take one. They can add an entire veteran map but when someone wants something small, people say bugs and balance is more important. Same replies in a similar thread I made, but it's a ridiculous assumption to think that adding small features would stop them from doing anything else.

It's presumptuous to think that "a small addition" could possibly not create more bugs or that there's such a thing as "small additions," at all.

Millions of lines of code can be affected negatively by the "best intentions." That was just proven as 1.2.3 had this game nigh-unplayable for me for over 2 weeks "simply to add a VR dungeon."

Additionally, if you start adding vanity pets, where are you going to store them? You are going to make people throw them out for bag and bank space? So now we "only need a small improvement where we can put these things separate from our bags or banks."

Then "My alts need access to my main's pets." Then "let's add pet battles."

You know if you really want to play Pokemon, you could, you know, just play pokemon..........or one of umpteen million tablet/smartphone free games out there that let you play digital paper dolls...........

Non combat pets are such an abhorrent waste of resources and overall development time that it honestly becomes a reason for me to quit games.

It's such a non starter.
    Edited by Pmarsico9 on July 9, 2014 9:03PM
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭

It's presumptuous to think that "a small addition" could possibly not create more bugs or that there's such a thing as "small additions," at all.

Millions of lines of code can be affected negatively by the "best intentions." That was just proven as 1.2.3 had this game nigh-unplayable for me for over 2 weeks "simply to add a VR dungeon."

Additionally, if you start adding vanity pets, where are you going to store them? You are going to make people throw them out for bag and bank space? So now we "only need a small improvement where we can put these things separate from our bags or banks."

You know if you really want to play Pokemon, you could, you know, just play pokemon..........or one of umpteen million tablet/smartphone free games out there that let you play digital paper dolls...........

Non combat pets are such an abhorrent waste of resources and overall development time that it honestly becomes a reason for me to quit games.

It's such a non starter.

Who ever said anything about wanting to play Pokemon or battling the pets? That's what a DS is for. I just want cute pets. I'm a chick & we like cute things to have. As for the needing the access for alts you obviously didn't read what I said by making them consumable. You just have to get it all over again if you want that pet on an alt.

They also added the "lighting" adjustment to that patch which I see no difference at all. I don't want to battle the pets I just want them.

If non combat pets make you quit games, you seriously need to re think gaming. It supposed to be fun not omg they added something for people, quits game. Plus there area already a few of these pets in game so why would adding more make you quit if they already exist?
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Akiainavas
    Akiainavas
    ✭✭✭
    Give me a wolf and I'll be happy.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's such a non starter.

The pet scripts and creatures already exist in the game. Even a noob could use a creation kit to put them together. The only bugs would be the ones that already exist with the current vanity pets.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on July 9, 2014 9:24PM
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need some Frog vanity pets!!!!!! I have made several posts praising the glory of a Frog vanity pet, but still no reply from the moderators. Its a conspiracy I say. Just don't come wining to me when the mosquitos carry you away, you should have put in those Frogs.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NetViperX wrote: »
    We need some Frog vanity pets!!!!!! I have made several posts praising the glory of a Frog vanity pet, but still no reply from the moderators. Its a conspiracy I say. Just don't come wining to me when the mosquitos carry you away, you should have put in those Frogs.

Frog vanity pets should provide an inexhaustible supply of insects for river fishing bait. =D

[edit]Well at least a pretty steady supply if not inexhaustible.

Edited by DenverRalphy on July 9, 2014 11:31PM
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Akiainavas wrote: »
    Give me a wolf and I'll be happy.

@Akiainavas‌, A pup or fully grown?

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    I will get a vanity pet when I don't have to store it in my inventory or bank slot, I've deleted the few I got.
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    @siledre‌, They should make them consumable. It's the only logical way to have more than one per toon.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nkcdaay21ovw.jpg
    Sorted !

;)
    Edited by Phantax on July 15, 2014 6:26PM
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Mr.Turtlesworth
    Mr.Turtlesworth
    ✭✭✭✭
    DOG CAT GUAR AND CHICKEN ZENIMAX PLS
    I r robot
    hear me roar
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't shout...
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    So I think I need to convince my boyfriend to spend money on this since he spent money on the Palomino lol
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a little Ogrim ;)
    Edited by Sighlynce on July 15, 2014 8:13PM
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • vode_skirata
    vode_skirata
    Soul Shriven
    The Pet Crony Scrib (that seems to come with the Fighters Guild Journeyman in Akaviri Armor with Pony Guar Pet figurine, sold at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con and being sold on ebay for more than $100.00) interests me, I would love to have one of those. lol.

Same goes for the Pet Pony Guar that is obtainable by purchasing the guar plushie.

I want insects, arachnids, reptiles and similars.

But I would never pay that much for a pet (the Figurine) and these plush are not sold on my country, usually (hope that changes, I could buy one for me, and give the plush to my wife, win-win situation).
    Edited by vode_skirata on July 29, 2014 5:00PM
  • vode_skirata
    vode_skirata
    Soul Shriven
    Thet should at least make then exchangeable, I might consider exchanging my monkey for a Pet Crony Scrip.
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    But I would never pay that much for a pet (the Figurine) and these plush are not sold on my country, usually (hope that changes, I could buy one for me, and give the plush to my wife, win-win situation).

@vode_skirata‌, Yes that is a win-win situation. We women do love any plushes!!
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    I can't find an image of the Pet Crony Scrip.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank and Inventory space are more valuable than pets and trophies for me at the moment so can't really be bothered with the 20ish spaces needed for combined trophies and pets.

ZOS could create a "Other" page where pets and trophies are absorbed by the character without eating valuable inventory. Would make sense.
  • Vanessa_Perez
    Vanessa_Perez
    Soul Shriven
    Do the pets grow?
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the pets grow?

No