The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vanity Pets Anyone?

Katniss_Everlark
Katniss_Everlark
✭✭✭
So I know that there are a few vanity pets already such as the mudcrab & scuttler. I'd like to see more of these pets. I personally would love a fox pup & a wolf pup as vanity pets to follow me around. Every other mmo I've played has them. What's every one else's thoughts on this?
Legendary Legion
The Royal Aldmeri Guard
Katniss Everlark VR 6 Nightblade Archer Werewolf
A few alts all under level 25
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    G.U.A.R!
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    G.U.A.R!

@RedMiniStapler‌, a baby one or full grown?

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a senche-tiger... even just a miniature one... or one of those Siamese cats.
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 9, 2014 4:51AM
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    a baby guar would be adorable. but hell... I'd take full grown one as well. I don't care, I LOVE GUARS!
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    MeowGinger wrote: »
    I would love a senche-tiger... even just a miniature one...

I'd love a fully grown one as a pet for archers. A baby one too.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    @RedMiniStapler‌ I say both
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Archaole
    Archaole
    ✭✭✭
    a baby guar would be adorable. but hell... I'd take full grown one as well. I don't care, I LOVE GUARS!

Ok I can't currently find the source, but I read somewhere that guars will be worked in as mounts at some point.

Replying to the OP, I definitely think vanity pets should be something to buy in-game. I like my scuttler but wouldn't mind switching it out with something that I can actually choose to have, not just something ZoS gave me for preordering. I appreciate it, but I would've preordered with or without it. Now I would like a choice.
  • RedMiniStapler
    RedMiniStapler
    ✭✭✭
    Archaole wrote: »
    Ok I can't currently find the source, but I read somewhere that guars will be worked in as mounts at some point.

wha... who... when.... AH MAH GAH! I want a guar mount! I will even ditch my glorious white horse (with a bondage gear on it's ass) and hop on a guar and venture around tamriel.
  • emeraldbay
    emeraldbay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally would love a fox pup & a wolf pup as vanity pets to follow me around.
    Yes please. Yes. Please yes.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the option - I'd prefer to be able to reskin my crab as a fox or stoat, maybe a wolf.

Not given the option to reskin, I'd just delete the crab and buy a fox, stoat or wolf.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Given the option - I'd prefer to be able to reskin my crab as a fox or stoat, maybe a wolf.

Not given the option to reskin, I'd just delete the crab and buy a fox, stoat or wolf.

I had no idea what a stoat was but then I googled it

And then I saw this

431px-Mustela_erminea_upright.jpg

I want this thing.
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 9, 2014 5:57AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaole wrote: »

It was mentioned in the May AMA on Reddit. For a more digestible version of what was discussed link attached

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/eso-may-1-reddit-ama-transcript/
    Edited by Curragraigue on July 9, 2014 6:09AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a cat.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dog > cat
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a Squirrel but I just don't have the spare slots in my vaults for more collectables....
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So everyone who passes you can shout Squirrel! ;-)
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    So everyone who passes you can shout Squirrel! ;-)

OMG YES!!! Oh the possibilities. ZOS PLEASE MAKE THESE HAPPEN. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want a little blue frog.
  • Tremulous
    Tremulous
    ✭✭✭
    You'll find out soon! :trollface:
    Not really about this topic but I thought it would be appropriate.
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Tremulous wrote: »
    You'll find out soon! :trollface:
    Not really about this topic but I thought it would be appropriate.

@Tremulous‌, Hilarious. I got all excited than saw you quoted it lol. You gave me a good laugh though.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawks.

Actually just got rid of my bugged monkey...since day 1 I had a monkey following me, deleted the annoying bugger...but he was still there. Had to listen to monkey noises non-stop while playing.

Finally got support to get rid of it for me. thank gawd
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dog > cat

I love animals, and always get along well with dogs, but they're stinky beggars who *** on the rug and eat out of the litter box. They also rely on a pack while the adorable cat is the perfect killer on its own. Plus, a lot of dog breeds are pretty ugly tbqh. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Edited by SFBryan18 on July 9, 2014 8:07PM
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    Hawks.

Actually just got rid of my bugged monkey...since day 1 I had a monkey following me, deleted the annoying bugger...but he was still there. Had to listen to monkey noises non-stop while playing.

What was bugged with your monkey? I wish I had played during beta cause I want one :-(. Hawks would be awesome, especially if there was one that could attack with you.

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Dog > cat

I love animals, and always get along well with dogs, but they're stinky beggars who *** on the rug and eat out of the litter box. They also rely on a pack while the adorable cat is the perfect killer on its own. Plus, a lot of dog breeds are pretty ugly tbqh. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I prefer dogs. Mainly because I swear my aunt's cat was plotting against me when I was there. I woke up one morning & he was hovering over my face staring at me like he had an idea or something. Plus they're too independent for me. I love having my dog run to the door when I come home acting like they haven't seen me in ages when it was just a few hours.

OMG to be able to get a puppy of some breed & for those who love cats a kitten of some breed!!! We need more vanity pets ZOS!!!! Please & Thank You.
    Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawks.

What was bugged with your monkey? I wish I had played during beta cause I want one :-(. Hawks would be awesome, especially if there was one that could attack with you.

If you delete a monkey item...while the monkey is active...the monkey is now a permanent companion...that makes monkey noises, and gives your stealthed position away in PvP
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Vanity Pets become a bit more than just vanity. A baby Guar that could be fed over time for storage slots, and grows from Baby to Full Grown Pack Guar during the process (maybe limit it to 20 slots/feeds). Monkeys/Scuttlers could be fed for other stats (ie.. Monkeys build increased Distraction, stealing focus and distracting merchants who subsequently mistakenly give you better deals).
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Hawks.

If you delete a monkey item...while the monkey is active...the monkey is now a permanent companion...that makes monkey noises, and gives your stealthed position away in PvP

@oren74‌, Oh well that makes sense. Why didn't you just put it in the bank?

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Vanity Pets become a bit more than just vanity. A baby Guar that could be fed over time for storage slots, and grows from Baby to Full Grown Pack Guar during the process (maybe limit it to 20 slots/feeds). Monkeys/Scuttlers could be fed for other stats (ie.. Monkeys build increased Distraction, stealing focus and distracting merchants who subsequently mistakenly give you better deals).

That'd be awesome. It's definitely a good idea.

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawks.

I wanted that one whole bank slot back :)
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)

• Katniss_Everlark
    Katniss_Everlark
    ✭✭✭
    Hawks.

I wanted that one whole bank slot back :)

@oren74‌, You could've put it on a mule alt. I se in your signature that you don't have any alts that you're actually lvling but you could make one to hold things you don't want to take up bank space like all those trophies from dungeons & such.

Legendary Legion
    The Royal Aldmeri Guard