Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Tell ZOS you want a phase toggle for vet difficulty!

• fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    I still think the best thing they could do, and I encourage more people on these forums to go to Support and Email and put in a ticket requesting it, is to allow the community a TOGGLE that lets you keep vet content as it is if you want, or play in a separate phase with all the people who want it easy.

That way everybody wins, and you don't lose subs by alienating one half of the community or the other. It would be very simple to implement as well, since all the work is basically done already with the existing megaserver phasing technology.

I really do agree, the challenge isn't that big a deal. But there is a huge group of people that want things to always be easy for them without having to adapt at all, and ZOS is a business first and foremost. For this first year at least it seems that they are more interested in satisfying their investors than remaining true even to their own design model. It is sad, because they really had something unique and interesting here.

This is a rather unprecedented total restructure of the core game dynamic months into launch to satisfy the easy mode crowd. It feels a little unnerving, like the company is going into desperation panic mode, but clearly that is what they think it will take to keep enough of the easy mode subscribers to afford to continue to improve the game, which EVERYBODY wants.

Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices. Of course sacrificing the engine so you can afford razor fins to make your car go faster is sort of dumb but we'll see...

Regardless, rather than polarizing an already tenuous community morale, setting one side against the other where one camp inevitably loses the ability to play how they want, I suggest we beseech ZOS to use the existing phasing system to create a standard and veteran phase for veteran zones, just like you can toggle normal or veteran mode for dungeons, so that people who LOVE the unique, challenging, and rewarding veteran zones ZOS created don't end up feeling this is just another game to cave to the WoW crowd and move on.

Personally, I don't want to lose EITHER camp, and this SIMPLE fix would allow BOTH to play how they want.

No.
    Because trying to please two opposing views is a bad idea I guess, only 'your' playstyle is valid?
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already have a hard mode "toggle", it's called swapping to a melee weapon. ;)
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think the best thing they could do, and I encourage more people on these forums to go to Support and Email and put in a ticket requesting it, is to allow the community a TOGGLE that lets you keep vet content as it is if you want, or play in a separate phase with all the people who want it easy.

That way everybody wins, and you don't lose subs by alienating one half of the community or the other. It would be very simple to implement as well, since all the work is basically done already with the existing megaserver phasing technology.

I really do agree, the challenge isn't that big a deal. But there is a huge group of people that want things to always be easy for them without having to adapt at all, and ZOS is a business first and foremost. For this first year at least it seems that they are more interested in satisfying their investors than remaining true even to their own design model. It is sad, because they really had something unique and interesting here.

This is a rather unprecedented total restructure of the core game dynamic months into launch to satisfy the easy mode crowd. It feels a little unnerving, like the company is going into desperation panic mode, but clearly that is what they think it will take to keep enough of the easy mode subscribers to afford to continue to improve the game, which EVERYBODY wants.

Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices. Of course sacrificing the engine so you can afford razor fins to make your car go faster is sort of dumb but we'll see...

Regardless, rather than polarizing an already tenuous community morale, setting one side against the other where one camp inevitably loses the ability to play how they want, I suggest we beseech ZOS to use the existing phasing system to create a standard and veteran phase for veteran zones, just like you can toggle normal or veteran mode for dungeons, so that people who LOVE the unique, challenging, and rewarding veteran zones ZOS created don't end up feeling this is just another game to cave to the WoW crowd and move on.

Personally, I don't want to lose EITHER camp, and this SIMPLE fix would allow BOTH to play how they want.

No.
    Because trying to please two opposing views is a bad idea I guess, only 'your' playstyle is valid?

I never said anyone had to play like me, they can play however they like. I just don't think a 'toggle' is a good idea. I guess having an opinion contrary to the OP is invalid?
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw sorcs there dual wielding

I do that (VR2 and a bit), with a pet it works fine. If it stops working I'll find something else that works - plenty of options.
  • ShiftControl
    ShiftControl
    ✭✭
    @ fromtesonlineb16_ESO

Solution is real time game master Multiboxing watching multiple Instances and catch the bots ban accounts it doesn't have to be done in 1 single day, but to many ppl complained about it and they choose to do the easiest quickest way and ruined others game time.
    I haven't played a MMO where ppl didn't bot, slowly but surely they got rid of it. I have feeling way to many ppl play this game as 1st MMO and they complain to much. Same thing with class nerfs they have to scale the other classes to it, not to nerf the "OP" class, this made ppl leave the game as well.

@EinionYrthb16_ESO
    Well I'm using rest destro in AVA, so why not sorcs use DW right, But DW is not effective in AvA but could be in PvE questing when I talk about things like it, my mind is in AvA/ RvR most of the time.
    Edited by ShiftControl on July 7, 2014 7:11AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never said anyone had to play like me, they can play however they like. I just don't think a 'toggle' is a good idea. I guess having an opinion contrary to the OP is invalid?

I think what he means to say is that if they DON'T add a toggle they will be taking away the balance they originally designed and making everything like 1-50. So, they are taking away the way we want to play.

You seem to brush over that point. We can't play how we like if they take it away to give people that want everything to be 1-50 what they want.

That is why I suggested the toggle. It is quick, easy, and gives both the choice.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather not segregate the community any more. Although the mechanics of the idea are sound, all it would do is to make the zones look even more empty

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • ozgod22_eso
    ozgod22_eso
    ✭✭✭
    Toggle switches, or changes to difficulty levels, are primarily for single player games.