The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS - 1.2.4 did not fix FPS.

Xael
Xael
✭✭✭✭✭
This game with or without addons is currently giving players really bad FPS in Wabbajack.
Ever since you dropped the patch last Tuesday it has been damn near unplayable for many subscribers.
You said in todays patch this was being fixed. This is not true at all. Here is a screenshot from today.
FxaL4CC.jpg

I have been playing this game since last year and all I do is PvP. FPS was never an issue and up until last Tuesday.
I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Creslian7
    Creslian7
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, FPS is dropping to under 5 and enemies aren't even rendering. I'm getting the death toggle screen and nothing is near me that I can see.
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    It's totally NOT dependant on campaign.... this happens everywhere on every campaign snce 1.2.3. I've noticed it almsot everytime starts near a keep
  • SeltzerDuke
    SeltzerDuke
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, things looked a bit more promising until population in my campaign went up. Now enemies don't render and it's back to low single digit FPS. I just see allied toons around me in slo-mo and then suddenly a death recap, and it's not stealth attacks either, just the usual destro staff/talons spam.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    so...we waited 4 days..and eu is getting patched in a few hours with somthing that didnt fix the issue whatsoever ?

question: do the techs actually run a test before they say they have a fix or are they stoned and just have a magical lightbulb appear infront of them, telling them to smash their head on the keyboar while writing code ?

also funny that another thread was closed, saying that the issue was fixed... this is sooo sad that it just ends up beeing funny as to what a mess this is.
    Edited by melodeath on June 30, 2014 9:59PM
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    melodeath wrote: »
    so...we waited 4 days..and eu is getting patched in a few hours with somthing that didnt fix the issue whatsoever ?

question: do the techs actually run a test before they say they have a fix or are they stoned and just have a magical lightbulb appear infront of them, telling them to smash their head on the keyboar while writing code ?

also funny that another thread was closed, saying that the issue was fixed... this is sooo sad that it just ends up beeing funny as to what a mess this is.

NAILED HAHAH
  • FayaSDL
    FayaSDL
    ✭✭
    The new lighting system + FPS drop + not working fix of a apparant memory leak--wonder what is next?
    And on another note..other companys know what a "hotfix" is..maybe you can do the same and hotfix the memory leak/lighting system to before the patch and work on it for real before rushing it out?

I tested it with another game and i can say for sure,, playing TESO for longer then 20 min now gives me a real headache to the point i stop playing and take pills.
    I play this game for the pvp aspect mainly...ignoring all the emp exploits and other things. But getting a headache from the game i like to play is a no go.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. It's still messed.

• Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in dawnbreaker too. Help us ZEN!!!

http://youtu.be/JK-hKeUye4A
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, still having the fps issues myself. Fine on max graphics all through beta, and up until the patch... now ~9-13 fps. Pretty beastly rig.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • The_Drexill
    The_Drexill
    ✭✭✭✭
    FayaSDL wrote: »
    The new lighting system + FPS drop + not working fix of a apparant memory leak--wonder what is next?
    And on another note..other companys know what a "hotfix" is..maybe you can do the same and hotfix the memory leak/lighting system to before the patch and work on it for real before rushing it out?

I tested it with another game and i can say for sure,, playing TESO for longer then 20 min now gives me a real headache to the point i stop playing and take pills.
    I play this game for the pvp aspect mainly...ignoring all the emp exploits and other things. But getting a headache from the game i like to play is a no go.

They cant hotfix it because they have no idea what to do. That's the worst part, is they honestly have no clue how to fix it.
    Brandizzle - NB
    Drexill The Unbreakable - Sorc

For teh covenant.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are losing money so they have released some of the rented servers. Which means performance drops as the server farm is half the size now and sometimes capping out.

And they can't push any more 'processing' to client side as there is already too much client side which allows tons of cheats.
    Edited by Natjur on July 1, 2014 3:07AM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever seem how House diagnosis his patients? He has absolutely no clue, just trial and error, and observe the patient agony the whole episode. He isn't that bright. At the end of the episode some weird stuff happens and he have a spark and comes out with a miracle cure. No ***, it's like that in every episode. Zenimax is House, the patient is the game and we are the family of the patient. Now, hopefully they will get that spark soon, but endure for some agony before it comes.

TESO is a wonderful game and in my opinion worth the wait. But on the same time I totally respect people that got fed up because of the latest bugs in FPS. My suggestion is for you to unsub for the time being. That makes a powerful statement to the company, people are leaving. This saves you money. After/If they fix it, subscribe and play again. I won't subscribe because I can still enjoy the game even with the latest patch, my problem.

The only way to we force a company to keep in the line is through regulations, sadly these are not available for gaming, thus we have to make our point hurting their profits. I choose to endure the consequences a while longer, because I have faith in the developers. But even a patient man like myself have a limit. For Zenimax, don't push your luck. The only reason people like I stay is because the power behind Elder Scrolls franchise, but that also has a limit.
  • Skaridice
    Skaridice
    Soul Shriven
    have anyone seen any staff coming up and talk about this problem? cause i didnt after watching all these post about lag -fps issue wich i have too and it been 3 day where i barely played cause its NOT playable
    anyway like Joolio said i love the game and beleive in it but if it is not fix by the end of the month ill be leaving it...I am not being paid to endure this! :p
  • krak3994ub17_ESO
    krak3994ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well instead of 3 FPS the day before, I'm up to 8-9 fps in big fights post mini patch. Still broken as all hell.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What? You're still here!?" ~Zenimax
  • Laerania_ESO
    Laerania_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So if anything good that ESO had, was performance and now it's gone, wthwtt!

This people really have talent to screw the game.

@ZoS Revert this thing and stop messing with your customers.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In other news Zenimax Online Studios are recruiting a Senior QA Tester. (Not kidding).

Zenimax are continuing to kill their own customer base here with constant untested fixes, poor code and mistaken communication. I noticed today the unsubscriptions are so bad on Reddit they will have less Reddit subscribers than on launch day, within this month.

Stop working on improved lighting and horse racing and content for Vet 12 players and FIX THE BASE GAME.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same for PVE content, areas that were solid 60 (V-Sync) are spiking and hitting lows of 30.

Instance dungeons boss fights, all 4 members saw a sudden 9 FPS after the boss went down, then shot back up to 60 after a few seconds.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same for PVE content, areas that were solid 60 (V-Sync) are spiking and hitting lows of 30.

Instance dungeons boss fights, all 4 members saw a sudden 9 FPS after the boss went down, then shot back up to 60 after a few seconds.

Same. Bugged it in game. Getting 50 to 60 fps then would drop by half or more 15 to 25 fps. I feel for those of you getting less than that.
  • Shadowhorn
    Shadowhorn
    ✭✭
    I have my suspicions that it is all caused by the "Improved light effects" they added in 1.2.3. Could be wrong though.
  • Deviona
    Deviona
    Soul Shriven
    Still the same as it got on Tuesday with the patch. 70-80 outside cyrodil go into cyrodil either instantly when hitting a large fight or within a few minutes drop down to 2-5 fps no one loading and die from things there that I cannot even see. Yes hotfix would be nice or do what other companies do when a patch obviously breaks a part of the game release another patch dubbed "hotfix" that removes what caused the problem. I can say zoning out of cyrodil FPS jumps back up to 70-80 even when I'm at 2-5 in cyrodil.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly this is not just for PvP campaigns...in PvE my FPS dropped so low (under 5) while in the middle of a fight I could not do anything. The next thing I know I am getting that annoying "This is how you died" info (which I hope they get rid of soon as it does not enhance the game play) and I am lying on the floor thinking what the hell just happened.
  • eventide7
    eventide7
    ✭✭
    The game has become unplayable for me since the last patch. My attack effects are invisible, and enemy attacks hit me after I've already killed them. Other times I can't see the enemies other than as red dots on my compass until I've AOE'd almost an entire group of them down. I can't survive on my characters that don't have AOEs; without them you can't hit what you can't see. Items like crafting tables are also invisible for long periods of time after I log in.
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it worked, but you must know they are using secret communication strategies regarding build versions, but fear do not, as I managed to decypher them for you buddies!

minfps.avgfps.maxfps

So with the last patch they managed to increase the maxfps by an amazing 33,3%! And with improved lightning!!
  • silvestru_liviueb17_ESO
    Awsome FPS..... 3! Although, the record was 1 FPS!
    Thanks for the fix that came with this patch, keep up the good work there!wvxawqlk4lk0.bmp

Edited by silvestru_liviueb17_ESO on July 1, 2014 2:05PM
    ~~~ROMANIAN SPIRITS~~~
    ~ALDMERI DOMINION~
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will get my subscription back if they fix this and a couple other issues within the next 9 days. Otherwise, I think I'm better served spending my money elsewhere.
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick update on the FPS issue. We've identified what's causing this, and are working on a hotfix now that we'll get out as soon as we can. We'll let you know as soon as it's been rolled out. Thanks for your patience while we hammered on this one, we know it's been frustrating.
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    They are losing money so they have released some of the rented servers. Which means performance drops as the server farm is half the size now and sometimes capping out.

And they can't push any more 'processing' to client side as there is already too much client side which allows tons of cheats.

{{Citation needed}}
This discussion has been closed.