The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Visual/Audio Effect Delay

mdegarispreeb18_ESO
I've noticed that a couple of my skills have a 1-2 second delay before the visual effect is triggered. Namely these are Resto Staff skills; Rapid Regeneration and Ward Ally.

When I press Rapid Regeneration or Ward Ally, I perform the animation straightaway - however, the visual and audio effects don't happen until about 1-2 seconds later. It feels very weird when using these skills now.

Anyone else getting this?
Edited by mdegarispreeb18_ESO on June 30, 2014 7:10PM
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting this as well, though the audio delay is more prominent for me most times.
  • Mike_Mercenaru
    Mike_Mercenaru
    Soul Shriven
    I think I found something. It's not a "full-fix", but it's definetly better than before. At least now, the sounds are 0.5s delayed and occurs less than before.

After 5 days of tweaking and testing the settings, I came up with something. From my experience, the sound delay thing occurs because, in a way, the engine doesn't allow multiple sounds to be played at once, so some of them are dalayed. Or they are not processed at once, At least this is how I feel, I am not expert. It's no wonder anyway since, ESO engine barely handles 2+ cores.

There are two command lines in UserSettings that I modified :
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1" >>> to 0
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1" >>> to 0

This two commands put less pressure on the engine and on your CPU, I tested on 32bit version for 15 minutes and is partially working. MUCH better than before anyway !

I will test 64bit also, I just got so excited to see it working that I came here to announce you first. Until Zenimax patches this, i'm gonna use this thing.

Hope it help ! Waiting on your feedback !