The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Anyone else notice that exploding pets are hitting twice?

jeradlub17_ESO
jeradlub17_ESO
✭✭✭
I have seen in a few death recaps where i happened to also get hit by a pet nearby it is showing volatile familiar damage being applied once from the mage and once from the pet itself with a different total for each source. It isn't simply calling it out twice cause the numbers are different. Now unless that mage is exploding too (lol), which they aren't and weren't even close enough, I am fairly certain that isn't supposed to be happening. It should just be one explosion from the pet. Any word on Zeni looking in to this or even being aware of it?
- Dallamar, Sorc, EP
- Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
- https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
- http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up! Clannfears have always haunted my worst nightmares. Now my screaming and fleeing like a girl in terror as clannfears near me is validated.
    - done w/ it
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess that this makes the huge amount of damage familiar sorcs are now suddenly doing make sense.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that this is intended. It doesn't happen very often but the few times one blew one up and tagged me when i died and it showed in the death recap I saw 400ish from the mage and 300+ from the pet both being listed as Explosive Familiar listed with the exact same spell wording. No word yet from ZOS on being aware of the bug.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naw you just gotta pet the little guy and he will stay friendly
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen that before and I have fought quite a few. Could you include a screen shot next time? Are you sure he did not hit you twice with the exploding pet (it can proc pretty fast)?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up! Clannfears have always haunted my worst nightmares. Now my screaming and fleeing like a girl in terror as clannfears near me is validated.

i don't think clannfears explode just volatile familiar
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    nukeyoo wrote: »

i don't think clannfears explode just volatile familiar

i don't think your sarcasm detector is working
  • Saet
    Saet
    ✭✭✭
    I've definitely been getting stomped on by one certain pet using mage lately.
    Saet - stam nb
    Hordak - magicka nb
    Demigorgon - stam sorc
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    Certain Sorc have noticed this and are chain casting the same spell over and over, clearly needs a double nerf.
  • griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    I have been testing volatile familiar in both pvp and pve and didn't notice any "double damage " . Are you sure it's not some1 using it twice on You ?
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    griszax wrote: »
    I have been testing volatile familiar in both pvp and pve and didn't notice any "double damage " . Are you sure it's not some1 using it twice on You ?

Positive it isn't being cast twice. It has never been more than one exploding nearby. Just a note it has never been the cause of my death by itself. Just a participant in it captured in the recap sometimes. You won't notice it on the casting end, only on the receiving. The damage is being listed twice with two different values. Once from the mage as the source and once from the pet itself with the pet as the source (that rules out the suggestion of a double cast scenario). I checked my screenshot folder and apparently didn't take a pic. When/if it happens again I'll take one and post it.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InvictoNZ wrote: »
    Certain Sorc have noticed this and are chain casting the same spell over and over, clearly needs a double nerf.

Before you call Nerfs show proof of a double hit. I tested in both pvp and Pve for hours yesterday and did not once succeed in scoring a double hit.

The explosion can crit and I suspect the op was simply confused by the skill being used on him twice and critting once.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Positive it isn't being cast twice. It has never been more than one exploding nearby. Just a note it has never been the cause of my death by itself. Just a participant in it captured in the recap sometimes. You won't notice it on the casting end, only on the receiving. The damage is being listed twice with two different values. Once from the mage as the source and once from the pet itself with the pet as the source (that rules out the suggestion of a double cast scenario). I checked my screenshot folder and apparently didn't take a pic. When/if it happens again I'll take one and post it.

The caster can summon a new one and quickly unsummon the new pet for a second explosion. It is a rare build that costs a ton of resources, however you might start seeing it more as it is one of the only (albeit weak) responses to DKs spamming scales.

Take a screen shot next time and take the larger value as the time it crits and you will see he used the skill twice and that it was a 1.5 crit multiplier.

Edit: another way I tested it was via training dummies and several 1v1s against a sorc using it. I can attest even on the receiving end it only registers once.
    Edited by Vis on July 3, 2014 10:59AM
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, you are a sorc. What is with the bs of promoting speculation (false one too) without first testing it yourself. It does not double hit. I am surprised I have to correct a fellow sorc on this.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    I have used volatile familiar for few days now in pvp but didn't notice this happening, but it's hard to really notice every damage made in big pvp fights so I checked this damage on pve monsters and from around 30 monsters I never saw a thing. Will come back after trying to test it in pvp again
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

Wait, you are a sorc. What is with the bs of promoting speculation (false one too) without first testing it yourself. It does not double hit. I am surprised I have to correct a fellow sorc on this.
    #1 It isn't speculation
    #2 there is no correction because you are wrong
    #3 I specifically said it is showing in the death recap as 2 hits from 2 different sources. One source listed as the mage and a second hit source listed as the pet alone both for Explosive Familiar. You aren't going to see that testing on a dummy. It isn't simply two casts as both sources would have been the mage.
    #4 I specified there has never been more than one explode near me again eliminating the dbl cast theory.
    #5 I also said I did not have a screenshot saved and if it happens again I will get one and post it so you will finally understand exactly what I mean.
    Edited by jeradlub17_ESO on July 3, 2014 1:51PM
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have used volatile familiar for few days now in pvp but didn't notice this happening, but it's hard to really notice every damage made in big pvp fights so I checked this damage on pve monsters and from around 30 monsters I never saw a thing. Will come back after trying to test it in pvp again
    I don't think you are going to be able to tell as the caster what is going on with it like that. To understand what I was trying to describe you pretty much are going to have to be on the receiving end and actually see it in the death recap.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
  • TomLukman
    TomLukman
    ✭✭✭
    Since they've been used in the past few days WAY often then before you can bet it's some new form of exploit.
  • griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much the only one using this skill in one of the biggest EU campaigns so I really doubt there is any exploit to it. I still didn't notice any unusual dmg in 4 h of pvp'ing but if there is some1 on EP/ DC side in auriel's bow EU willing to test it just let me know
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a very rare build still. Again I have been on the receiving end and not seen the double hit.

I am going to assume this matter closed until anyone can bring us a screenshot or video.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    Just tested it and I can confirm that it does double the damage. I reported the issue already but I think this thread should be deleted ASAP. Before cyrodiil aka low fps lagland becomes every sorc exploiting this.
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested it and I can confirm that it does double the damage. I reported the issue already but I think this thread should be deleted ASAP. Before cyrodiil aka low fps lagland becomes every sorc exploiting this.

Proof of any kind?
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    Just look at the damage source : 1 comes from pet and the other from caster .
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img855/9475/oxx1.png

I just hope this won't go viral and every noob sorc start using it ... :/ Go report it and delete the thread imho
    Edited by griszax on July 3, 2014 5:58PM
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • Arkath
    Arkath
    ✭✭✭
    This has been known by the dueling folks for a while now. It can definitely explode multiple times. Have seen it hit up to 4 times on one player. Usually just 2 though.
    DC Sorc
    Einherjar [EHJ]
  • griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    Did those dueling folks report this ? Because it's weird that it's still here if it is known for a while :P
    Edited by griszax on July 3, 2014 6:31PM
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it possible they are simply spamming the skill? it is instant after all
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is it possible they are simply spamming the skill? it is instant after all

The different sources is the giveaway and they were doing controlled tests there so they know how many times it was cast.

ZOS has more pressing issues at the moment but I know what we'll be seeing in Cyrodiil once (if) the memory leak is fixed. No one loves an exploit more than the ESO PvP community that's for sure. Sorcs are on their way to the shrine as we speak.

• griszax
    griszax
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I already asked to delete this thread ... and every1 just report the problem . I'm not gonna play with this build anymore because I know more sorcerer's will just copy this build . Don't want to get fps fixed just to face exploit users.
    Sandriks EU Auriel's bow
  • Kajoh_Americano
    nerf pets lawl
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    You not only see it twice on the death recap, you hear it twice when it explodes.

It was cast on me about 10 times in a row by the same Sorc.