Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't use weapon abilities during Sorcerer Overload ultimate.

truejathnielub17_ESO
truejathnielub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Using Weapon Skills while the Overload Ultimate was active, has always been buggy.
Before animations weren't showing up properly, but now they are completely shutting off the Ultimate when I need it most!
Other abilities and class abilities still work (although Bound Aegis is still glitched, it makes the staff appear during Overload), but weapon skills completely and totally turn it off. This bug is really really putting a dent in my playstyle.

I use Energy Overload, and in certain situations I would activate a staff skill to throw a heal, and then an Overload light attack to restore some magicka quickly. I can no longer do this in a panic.

Other times, I try to combine skills from my weapon tree and class trees, to try and mitigate my ultimate consumption, while using my ultimate strikes to mitigate my magicka consumption. Now, I can't.

I saw nothing about this on the patch notes, so I gather this change isn't deliberate. Please, fix this. I can't afford for my ultimate to shutdown on me, every time I use a weapon skill, it's a little ridiculous.
Edited by truejathnielub17_ESO on June 30, 2014 4:22PM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate replaces your weapon, I don't know why you would think weapon attacks would work. I suggest you set up your energy overload bar (it has its own bar) with some different skills in place of the heals/weapon skills.
  • truejathnielub17_ESO
    truejathnielub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Domander wrote: »
    The ultimate replaces your weapon, I don't know why you would think weapon attacks would work. I suggest you set up your energy overload bar (it has its own bar) with some different skills in place of the heals/weapon skills.

Gee, I don't know, because it was working before?
    Gee, I don't know, because while my ultimate is on I can still 'whip out a crossbow' and use Silver Bolts?
    Gee, I don't know, because it says it 'replaces your light and heavy attacks'. (EDIT: not skills) ?
    Gee, I don't know, because it DOES have its own bar (great observation), and I was pleased with the different combinations I was using?

So maybe, just maybe, for some players, no matter how few, there's no actual reason why this bug (assuming it is one, as there is no mention of it in the patch notes) should persist.

Oh man, like I haven't replaced the skills already... Do you have a habit of being so damn smug with people? Is this seriously a response in the Customer Support section? Or do we have a habit of letting the clueless give advice around here?
    Edited by truejathnielub17_ESO on June 30, 2014 10:13PM
  • truejathnielub17_ESO
    truejathnielub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Reacting with hostility was not my intention. I really am looking for an informed response relating to this issue if anyone has one.

><
  • martinb16_ESO80
    Hi there, i noticed the same thing and it is the reason I am not using overload. Although a great skill it also prevents me from switching weapons while it is active, and due to the frequent input lag you then tend to deactivate/activate the ultimate instead of disabling it and then switching weapons.

And I completely agree with you comments regarding Domander.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gee, I don't know, because while my ultimate is on I can still 'whip out a crossbow' and use Silver Bolts?
    Gee, I don't know, because it says it 'replaces your light and heavy attacks'. (EDIT: not skills) ?
    Gee, I don't know, because it DOES have its own bar (great observation), and I was pleased with the different combinations I was using?

So maybe, just maybe, for some players, no matter how few, there's no actual reason why this bug (assuming it is one, as there is no mention of it in the patch notes) should persist.

Oh man, like I haven't replaced the skills already... Do you have a habit of being so damn smug with people? Is this seriously a response in the Customer Support section? Or do we have a habit of letting the clueless give advice around here?

You are a raging bully and don't deserve to be helped. You just insult people who try to help you. Anyway, I haven't heard anything about this issue yet so hopefully it gets fixed within the next 5 months.

Within; Without.
  • truejathnielub17_ESO
    truejathnielub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi there, i noticed the same thing and it is the reason I am not using overload. Although a great skill it also prevents me from switching weapons while it is active, and due to the frequent input lag you then tend to deactivate/activate the ultimate instead of disabling it and then switching weapons.

And I completely agree with you comments regarding Domander.

EDIT: Misread your post. Your comment gives me an idea.
    Disabling the ult on weapon switch, is simple sense. Just treat Overload like any other toggle.
    Switch it's bar out, and it turns off. Why shouldn't it be consistent with that behavior?
    Having to deactivate first, and then switch is rather inconvenient.
    Soloeus wrote: »

You are a raging bully and don't deserve to be helped. You just insult people who try to help you. Anyway, I haven't heard anything about this issue yet so hopefully it gets fixed within the next 5 months.

lol. Witnessing a lack of reading comprehension or discernment makes me terribly impatient, and the bully comes out. But yeah, I'll just submit another bug report, and wait it out.
    Edited by truejathnielub17_ESO on July 1, 2014 2:36PM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was trying to be helpful, not smug. Weapon abilities used to be darkened when using this ultimate (like being out of range or having the wrong weapon equiped) The fact that it now switches back to your staff to use the heal is probably a bug fix, and a great one too, compared to not being able to use the weapon ability at all.

It keeps your current bar setup (or at least it used to) until you change it, so some people might not realize that you can change it. I doubt it was ever intended for weapon abilities to work while using it.

If you equip a bow and then use the ultimate, the bow is replaced by the ultimate "weapon" (super electric power hands of doom). Should you still be able to snipe someone without holding the bow anymore?

Why is there a different bar for this ultimate if you're supposed to be able to use weapon abilities with it?

Edited by Domander on July 1, 2014 10:26PM