The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feedback - Current State of PVP Campaign [Updated to 1.2.4 + "Hot Fix"]

Aeradon
Aeradon
✭✭✭✭✭
Is very annoying.

FPS Issue Edit: Still not fixed after 1.2.4, and not fixed after 70MB hot fix
FPS is constantly dropping regardless of what we try to do. We lower the settings, FPS is still down to below 5. We lower the amount of sieges, FPS is still below 5. We lower the amount of flashy abilities with high amount of FX, still the FPS is below 5.
Even as we stood in a keep awaiting enemy's arrival, some green blob would show up in the sky and lower our FPS.

It's as the players now say, we're watching a powerpoint presentation rather than playing. FPS could get as low as 1. In order to effectively make our plays, we have to take turns to relog every 5 minutes to keep FPS above 15.

Update: Lowered visual effects of restoration staff spells and rapid manoeuvre surprisingly did not solve this issue.

Rollbacks
We have observed that every few hours of gameplay results in rollbacks. The rollbacks would occur up to a maximum of 4 times within a duration of less than 30 minutes. Some roll backs result in gameplay reverting to the state 5-10 minutes before rollback, some roll backs result in complete reset of certain in game data.

Resets
Gameplay reset resulted by rollbacks could result in the loss of scrolls captured, where all scrolls would be returned to their respective campaigns. Siege engine reset would result in loss of siege engines deployed prior to roll back, siege engine disappears from deployed location. Player location reset would result in player being at spawn points.

What's been reported for months are still not fixed
Keep doors unable to be used after repair
Player repair will bug out and no longer be able to repair anything once wall is hit during previous repair
Player health bar desync
Horse unable to sprint when stamina bar desync
Horse sprinting consumes player stamina instead of horse stamina
Healers result in never ending combat mode
Players will be stuck in keep walls when they jump off certain angles
Players will be stuck in hole near Kingcrest Lumber Mill south stairs
Siege engines sometimes unable to interact
Forward camp is no longer bugged as before but it is now possible to accidentally place 2 forward camps overlapping each other's radius
Players occasionally unable to interact / sheathe / unsheathe / cast ability, when it happens, player will remain online, able to use movement keys to move, able to chat, able to see other player's movement, but unable to perform any tasks.
Targeting system desync, player won't be able hit enemy with light attack or heavy attack, but AOE spells will hit enemies

New Issues after recent patches
Maneuvers no longer apply to mounts - broken by 1.2.3, fixed in 1.2.4
Kill 20 enemy class only applies to killing blow. Healers and other DPS do not get credit.
Scroll carrier beam unable to be seen
Data Load Crash
Players are unable to be seen, but still plays in the same phase (both enemies and friends)
Green orbs appear randomly and does not fade away
Destroy siege does not show siege burning
Objects in virtual world began loading slower, e.g. a tree/rock shows up half way running
Skill effects does not always show

Example of Personal Experience
NA-Wabbajack
Logged in to Cyrodiil and see that everyone is back at spawn, they were rolled back and their characters reset to spawn, having been 2 hours out on the field.
Took the transitus shrine and leader is no longer visible to all members, we only see a floating crown.
Half way defending and server roll back, sieges deployed are no longer in inventory and no longer on the walls. (Not that it matters)
FPS began to drop to below 5 as fight prolongs, took turns to relog to regain FPS to above 15. Group one moves into inner keep to relog whilst group 2-6 continue defending, then group 2 and so on.
Make a final push and prior to proceeding to next keep, group relog again.
Jump off walls to engage a small group, a group member got stuck in the wall.
Group travel to next keep, RM unable to be applied on horse, healers are still on foot due to Combat mode from heals.
Reach resource and engage in huge fight, 70% of group crashed and go offline, only Oceanic players remain, same goes for opposing team.
Took a scroll and running the scroll, horses are bugged and consumes player stamina. Players who died and respawn could only move around and are stuck in the keep, could not use skills, abilities, weapon, or even interact with door. They could only stare at members rolling out, chat and relog to fix.
Open up map after scroll capture, notice that there are overlapping camps on map.
Move on to new keep, half way through a new member knocked off horse by mob, unable to attack mob with light/heavy attack, could only use AOE spells.
Open up siege, 20 siege laid down, 3 could not be interacted to.
Players engaged in fight, dead members could not respawn and has to relog. Some members repawn in an unknown state that could not move, have to relog also. Some members died to players, but could only respawn at way shrine.
Half way through fight, Oceanic players crashed, once all group members gather and engage in the fight again, server crashed.
Before session, scroll distribution is 2/0/4, DC/EP/AD
During session, DC gained 3 scrolls from AD, EP gained 1 scroll from AD. AD refuse to give up Emperorship, resulting in loss of all 4 scrolls.
Prior to roll back, scroll distribution is 5/1/0, DC/EP/AD.
After roll back, it became 2/2/2, DC/EP/AD
Played for 8 minutes, server roll back again, scroll reset to 3/1/2

During the whole session, there has been people of opposing factions appearing in spawns, some came to declare peace, some came to be killed, some came to farm lowbies.

TL;DR
The current state of PVP is unplayable.

After reading what I wrote, I believe it is torturing to play.

Edit: Addition
Speed Glitch
There are reports of players running faster than 65% speed horses, and able to cap scrolls within 30s. Personally encountered player running at high speed and lost sight during chase even with Retreating Manoeuvre and Refreshing Path, said player did not use any skills, he only ran.

One of our group mate somehow had this bug half way through battle, he claims he was knocked up into the air by volcanic rune and we were spamming manoeuvre with purge and all the rushing skills. It's a glitch fixed upon death or relog. On our screen, he moves so fast you won't see him unless he stops, applies to stealth as well. And yes, would definitely spawn exploiters, as we keep going against the same enemy with the same skills, he keeps getting the glitch. He's the only person who has it though. It's an annoying bug that causes FPS to drop to 1-2, and has potential to be exploited. Fix it if you please.
Edited by Aeradon on July 2, 2014 8:50PM
People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya its pretty unplayable, you summed it up good.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamma71 wrote: »
    Ya its pretty unplayable, you summed it up good.
    Too bad that when it's a legit post and not a ranting post, nobody pays attention.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Aeradon! Thank you for the constructive and detailed feedback. We have moved this thread to the Alliance War section, as it is specifically centered around PvP feedback.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is absolutely correct in their assessment.

The issues that I notice the most are as follows:

1. I can be running a new load of the game, freshly started up, running 50+ FPS, grouped up, traveling to my group, and the moment we engage in battle, my FPS drops to 1-3 and stays there. Even if battle ends, it stays under 5. Never recovers. However if i leave Cyrodiil, even without restarting the client, my FPS will return to normal. Whatever is causing this issue is native to Cyrodiil and Cyrodiil alone, something in those mechanics is borked badly. Before 1.2.3 my FPS never dropped below 20, even in very very heavy load situations.

2. I am often in battle with things I cannot see. I know they are there as I am hearing sound effects, taking damage, dealing damage, and running into collision/crowd control, but the players/objects themselves are completely invisible, even on lowered graphics settings this has not alleviated the problem. It is almost like I am in my own phase visually, but I am in theirs realistically. My groupmates can also see me just fine. Before 1.2.3 this never once happened.

3. CONSTANT loading screens when in motion, even when my character is just walking somewhere. Not even on a horse. Out of nowhere I will go loadscreen, 10-20 seconds later I am back and can see whats going on, and I may or may not have been ganked in the meantime. I can hear everything going on, but the loadscreen isnt letting me see what is going on nor can I respond.

4. Objects not appearing until I am right on top of them. I have my view distance set to maximum, yet things like trees and fences dont load until I am literally within 5 feet of them.

All of the above make for a heck of a handicap when PvPing. I cant respond, cant react, cant even see what I am attacking or is attacking me, all on top of the fact I am moving so slowly and choppy that I might as well not be trying to fight at all. No skill in the world could overcome that. Even when I press an ability, the damage ticks from it dont show up for several seconds, I hear a crystal shard hit my character, yet the actual knockdown doesnt hit me for five seconds, etc. Too many delays an desyncs coupled with moving in molasses, coupled with the inevitable load screen for no reason of doom, means I am basically gimped no matter what i do.

A little perspective on this. I PvPed tonight for three hours. Out of those three hours I restarted my client 14 times, experienced 2 rollbacks, died 11 times (of those 11, only twice did I ever see what was hitting me), spent more than half of the time unable to move more than a foot every second, dropped at least a dozen siege that took 10-20 seconds to load so I could use them, and in the whole time couldnt see most of my groupmates or their movement for the entire duration (including on the map)

Before 1.2.3 I never experienced anything like this. The once a night occurrence, the random happenstance, the exception to the norm, but now it is the norm.
    Edited by Rylana on June 30, 2014 8:03AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely put there OP. I've had the 'can't move or do anything' bug a few times. The worst being when we were just taking a scroll from an AD temple.

We also had the framerate drop but it was only on one EU campaign which I can't remember now.

There's also a rebuild bug where if you are repairing when the wall maxes or is attacked again you can't repair any walls anymore. Only a relog seems to fix this. [Sorry if you listed this... didn't see it. ]
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guested on Dawn Breaker NA last night. Can now confirm that everything mentioned happens to all campaigns.

It is regardless of fight size as well. I hope they fix all these crap up.

• Baskat
    Baskat
    ✭✭
    Yep, confirmed.
    But rejoice - they are working on new vanity pets :wink:
    - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/115838/new-pets-coming-next-month
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baskat wrote: »
    Yep, confirmed.
    But rejoice - they are working on new vanity pets :wink:
    - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/115838/new-pets-coming-next-month
    LOL. Screw that BS vanity pet that doesn't do anything other than taking up inventory space.

The salary paid to the guys to come up with all this pet and trash loot table BS could be used to pay bug fixers.

• frankuguzzb16_ESO
    Unplayable! Right, totally right: in fact in our guild we lost 4 people that had paid for this last month because of this bugged endgame. I've played since beta but now i'm on some old steam sp games, waiting for the devs to fix this mess: i'm a vampire and it's unplayable now also for the SilverBolt spam, not only for ''general bugs''.
    When i log in i see whole campaigns abandoned at ''low-low-low'' population, and this is a shame for an MMO with such an heavvy name and budget.
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Aeradon! Thank you for the constructive and detailed feedback. We have moved this thread to the Alliance War section, as it is specifically centered around PvP feedback.

Never mind about telling us you've moved the thread, where's the official response about when said issues will be fixed??!!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unplayable! Right, totally right: in fact in our guild we lost 4 people that had paid for this last month because of this bugged endgame. I've played since beta but now i'm on some old steam sp games, waiting for the devs to fix this mess: i'm a vampire and it's unplayable now also for the SilverBolt spam, not only for ''general bugs''.
    When i log in i see whole campaigns abandoned at ''low-low-low'' population, and this is a shame for an MMO with such an heavvy name and budget.

Our guild is constantly losing players as well. Most of them unsubbed, waiting for the deadline to come and hopefully things get better before it.

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »

Never mind about telling us you've moved the thread, where's the official response about when said issues will be fixed??!!

Agreed. They trashed one of my thread regarding this issue, and closed off another, giving me BS saying that I'm not constructive. (upon multiple request and appeal for the reason of ninja thread removal)

Now that I slap them in the face with all this facts, they decide to keep quiet.

Edit: Players are frustrated at moments after going through tonnes of torturing provided by your low quality product, and you don't even bother to offer a better quality service. When players are frustrated, do you bother to care for the player's feelings? Do you bother to find out the problem faced by that player?

They are frustrated for a reason, and that reason is your product. Regardless of the issue, be it negative or positive, it's a feedback. Take the feedbacks graciously and make improvements, instead of ninja removing threads that shows bad image.

Customer Service 101 - Service your customers, not shut them down.
    Edited by Aeradon on June 30, 2014 10:22AM

• Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically took the weekend off from PvP, and without PvP to get my blood pumping, I was bored with the PvE aspect as well even though I haven't finished leveling. PvP is my endgame, and I'm sure it is for a lot of others as well. In the last week PvP competition has lost a lot of its legitimacy because of the mass exploits and total lack of punishment for said exploits. If something is not done to remedy this loss of legitimacy, I forsee this game losing most of its PvP players, which is truly unfortunate, because when it works properly this is by far the best PvP I have seen in an MMO.

Punishment for exploiting needs to be quick, if not harsh. Please don't let this happen again...

• ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This list will only become larger and larger if Zenimax doesn't get their priorities straight. I have unsubbed as well and took a break from PvP this weekend.

As for the OP, well done. :)
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoa i haven't played since 1.2.3 due to life concerns but been following the forums when i can....the kill 20 quest you have to get the killing blow? What is ZOS doing!?
  • Barnabas
    Barnabas
    ✭✭
    I took this weekend off from the game because I couldn't stand the rollbacks and resets. I'm hoping this patch improves things. I really like this game but I won't support something that clearly still in beta.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said the lag will be fixed after mondays maintenance...we shal lsee..
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This list will only become larger and larger if Zenimax doesn't get their priorities straight. I have unsubbed as well and took a break from PvP this weekend.

As for the OP, well done. :)
    Thanks. And these are just server/client/ui/map/object issues. It doesn't even include exploits and ability bugs.

Not to mention balancing is not perfect. If CS is ineffective in answering to our questions, feedbacks and provide explanation and due date, I suggest that they cut down more than 300 of their CS, use that money to hire coders and fix the game.

Looking at the incompetent in progress known issues just ticks me off. It's a weak attempt that doesn't even cover half the issues, and the issues stated are not even in detail or complete understanding of the problem. "STATUS" is a huge joke that shows a problem reported months ago are still "under investigation". You don't need to be Sherlock to fire the "investigators" and hire more effective ones.

If copy and paste is all they do, any freelance moderator could do their job with one single screen, whilst running VOIP call centre service. I'm sure Zenimax provides full team with shifts and 3 screens, yet this is all we get. Copy paste.

"Online Social Team" and we don't get much social from them, not even basic respect. Not to mention we are customers and they are supposed to provide us service. Joke.

@frwinters_ESO‌ The kill 20 enemy players are still here and working, but now you have to cycle through rubbish "kill 20 x class players" before you get the normal one.

• frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Aeradon, I should be back on tonight. So now the quest cycles? You cant just pickup the kill 20 quest then get the class quests? Man who is making the PvP decisions at ZoS? I felt this game was being advertised for its PvP more than anything, and its starting to become a real disappointment.

Regardless of what many people say, PvP can make or break a game in an MMO. Those people who are good at PvP generally exceed in PvE since your reflexes are attuned to playing against a live person rather then a times computer AI. People are also competitive by nature so of course so PvP gives people that nature. I have seen many games die all together once PvP dies.

Cyrodil has SOOOO much potential and SOOOO many problems that seem to be second on any lists of fixes.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Aeradon, I should be back on tonight. So now the quest cycles? You cant just pickup the kill 20 quest then get the class quests? Man who is making the PvP decisions at ZoS? I felt this game was being advertised for its PvP more than anything, and its starting to become a real disappointment.

Regardless of what many people say, PvP can make or break a game in an MMO. Those people who are good at PvP generally exceed in PvE since your reflexes are attuned to playing against a live person rather then a times computer AI. People are also competitive by nature so of course so PvP gives people that nature. I have seen many games die all together once PvP dies.

Cyrodil has SOOOO much potential and SOOOO many problems that seem to be second on any lists of fixes.
    Agreed.

Yes it cycles. In order to get the basic one, you have to abandon, pick it up, abandon, pick it up... Rinse and repeat until you get it. Forget about the kill class quest, its so annoying. I only managed to complete it once in 3 full days over the weekend. Pure BS.

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and they didn't manage to fix the FPS even after they promised to? What a big surprise.

Zenimax coders way of thinking is so unique and creative, hence it's as follows.
    1. Everything was fine before patch 1.2.3
    2. Patch 1.2.3 introduces new lighting system and new dungeon, with new lootables
    3. FPS suffer massive drops after patch 1.2.3
    Solution: Lower the visual effects of skills that were irrelevant to 1.2.3 and was performing well prior to patch.

What a creative way of fixing things! I'm impressed! Too bad it didn't work.

I'll be constructive and provide you a suggestion. If I think along the lines of your previous solution, the next logical move would be removal of the clouds in the sky. They must be causing the problem, it's the clouds for sure.

If that doesn't solve the problem, maybe we have to check on the new lighting system, but that's crazy and totally uncalled for. It's new, how could it be broken?

• ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already lost faith in this company. If they can't manage to fix this crap, Cyrodiil will be a dead wasteland by the end of this week.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Old_Issan
    Old_Issan
    Whoa i haven't played since 1.2.3 due to life concerns but been following the forums when i can....the kill 20 quest you have to get the killing blow? What is ZOS doing!?

I would like to ask the same question.
    If that´s true...who comes up with such an awful idea?
    Why would you even wanna do that...are they afraid players would stop enjoying this great Veteran Content and instead level by completing 3 or 4 kill quests a day?

It feels like each time they patch you notice something which is making your life ingame more miserable than before instead of more enjoyable.
    I won´t quit if i´d become VR12 tomorrow but completing a quest for 7.5 Vxp makes me think twice......
    Edited by Old_Issan on June 30, 2014 11:20PM
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    State of PvP? What PvP? You can't play in this lag. The "fix" today actually made everything much, muchh, worse. I am now experiencing server lag that is resulting in seconds worth of skill delay, my action bar is continually being grayed out. Jokes..Jokes..jokes
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes you have to get the killing blow or most dps or something weird like that. Half the sorcs i kill i don't get credit for.
  • Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, I love pvp, but it really has become some bad I refuse to step in pvp unless they're only small skirmishes going on....
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    I guess this is one way to insure you don't have to devote many resources to fixing the game by driving people away from it.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough with the lighting effects, vanity pets and trivial nonsense already.

Fix this fantastic game you've created in it's current form, that should be number 1 priority for you, not adding 'fancy' things that your customers haven't asked for.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly, I have lost all faith. They know what the problem is - they just don't want to admit it.

Roll back the patch. Everything was working fairly well prior to 1.2.3

You want things fixed?

Roll it back to 1.2.2 and get to work for real on releasing 1.2.3

It's the only hope of saving the game at this point. More than half of my PvP based guild (40+ players active) have unsubbed. You guys have to be seeing this and wondering what's going to happen at the next board meeting. Q2 will look solid - but Q 3 is gonna be a bomb in the toilet.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I viewed my enemies corpses on the ground I thought ; " Oh the lighting could be so much better. I need to see their shadows and the suns reflection on their lifeless eyes." I even messaged one group asking if we could fight in the church with all the stain glass windows. o.O