The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Feedback - Current State of PVP Campaign [Updated to 1.2.4 + "Hot Fix"]

• demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've taken to playing other stuff until this finally gets resolved. Can't participate in any keep sieges or protections without FPS droppin to nothing, leaving me useless until relog. No point in torturing myself.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Well said OP. Most of the bugs I see you summed up. Playing through but it is tough and frustrating, to say the least. As for improved lighting, I toned down my settings to hopefully improve fps, didn't work, but sun was in my eyes looking at those resource mages in the tower anyways. Much rather be able to use abilities on a consistent basis and move smoothly as opposed to the choppy action that has been occurring.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    State of PvP? What PvP? You can't play in this lag. The "fix" today actually made everything much, muchh, worse. I am now experiencing server lag that is resulting in seconds worth of skill delay, my action bar is continually being grayed out. Jokes..Jokes..jokes

Same here, skill cast delays is now way worse after 1.2.4. I was so busy getting frustrated with the previous bugs that I thought it was normal. One second the enemy is at breach in outer wall, next second they're on the inner keep second floor. Don't worry guys, the skill I'm casting will come half sec later.

Now I began to click so slow it's as though I'm playing the dog breeding game on windows 95.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been playing for a couple months now as I went back to another MMO till they add arena/WZ here. If what the OP says is true then there may not be a game for me to come back too.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thing is the FPS is sliiightly ever so slightly better..its not like DUN.......DUN....DUN...its more like dun dun dun..so..I can move again BUT..NOW.. I cant see spells that hit me..I cant even see when an enemy is near and they're NOT in hide.

So..we've gone from swimming in pudding to swimming in thick grease. And somehow I'm supposed to fight invisible enemies that never rezz...but wow..the stain glass window reflections are amazing !! o.O
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a joke. It really is. Im getting close to that thing I never do. Im getting close to cancelling my sub. Ive about had enough of this.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their website is even dog s@*t! Has anyone tried to view the patch notes? Click on support > Patch notes > enter D.O.B and guess what it just chucks you back to the home page lol. Incompetence at the highest level, Zenimax's icon should be spurs what a bunch of cowboys!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Its a joke. It really is. Im getting close to that thing I never do. Im getting close to cancelling my sub. Ive about had enough of this.

Same here.

Was on TS right after patch finished downloading. 3 players on TS. We were discussing about the patch notes and how ridiculous it is to blame it on restro staff and manoeuvre. Decided to test the visual effects.

From that point onwards, people start logging one one by one. And the conversation repeats itself.

"Did they fix it?" - I heard this over 30 times. It's usually followed up with another sentence once they read the first few lines of notes. "They blamed it on the staffs?" Followed by laughter and disappointment. Then it's one of these two.
    - "Alright guys, we won't know unless we test it out"
    - "Alright guys, I'm logging."

Half an hour later, more people came on server, when asked to join fights or have some fun. Responses are "Sorry, gonna stay as ganking group, don't wanna kill my keyboard."

Then we finally managed to have enough people to join big fights, we kept taking keeps and resources. But all we see are groups no more than 15 players, with onesie twosies. It was unusual, and we did not get to test the FPS, even as we take a scroll, nobody would join in. Then we decide to have some fun with the empress that was defending her last keep.

Same thing as before, taking shifts to relog.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭

The people I play with log on less and less as this goes on which in turn is making me consider the same action. I expect hitches but I don't expect with those hitches that they would just say "we will deploy a fix next week".

This is not the quality of resources one would expect from a pay to play game.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My fiancee tells me that 'You log out unhappier every night'. She's begging me to come play that other game (initials WS) with her and her guild, just so that I'm not constantly raging at either the exploitative nature of the playerbase or the lack of quality of the game engine.

It's been FOUR MONTHS, Zenimax.

FIX YOUR GAME.

EDIT: You know, on second thought -- CANCELLED.

Nine days to fix the FPS drop issues and other concerns. If it's still there when the sub goes dark, you will never see my money again, ZOS.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on July 1, 2014 1:12PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fiancee tells me that 'You log out unhappier every night'. She's begging me to come play that other game (initials WS) with her and her guild, just so that I'm not constantly raging at either the exploitative nature of the playerbase or the lack of quality of the game engine.

FIX YOUR GAME.

Nine days to fix the FPS drop issues and other concerns. If it's still there when the sub goes dark, you will never see my money again, ZOS.
    That's what we fear as well. And that's what happening as we post.

Not only are we losing bodies, we will lose opposition to fight against.
    Edited by Aeradon on July 1, 2014 1:20PM

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »

FIX YOUR GAME.

That's what we fear as well. And that's what happening as we post.

Not only are we losing bodies, we will lose opposition to fight against.

When this game is nothing but people farming emperor at 5 FPS, then it can be looked at as one of the greatest Triple A MMO failures in history.

Tabula Rasa, SW:TOR, move over on that pedestal.
  • davidropb16_ESO
    davidropb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ok, summarize

Beta : No Movement Lag, No Skill Lag, some disconnection but for a beta is acceptable, 60 fps in Cyrodil, at "Maximum quality full HD!!!!!", the best game ever... my pvp guild of 120+ moved to Eso.

Launch : Problem like continue disconnection, infinite loading screen, party crush on invite, little Skill and Movement lag appear, fps drop down to 40!!!, the first 10 people are gone

1 Month Ago : Problem like continue disconnection, infinite loading screen, party crush on invite, Skill and Movement lag become more important, 40fps ... the 2° wave of 10 people are gone

2 Month Ago : 28fps, Some trouble are fixed but Freeze has arrived, every times more then X People ar on my screen all stop except me, after 5 min... ERROR, The solutions provided to a guild mate that continuosly contact Customer service are "1) lower graphics quality, 2) lower Resolution 3) open some door on the router" now i play at "Minimum Quality" with a resolution of 1360 X 1024, with all the port open : i made 100 fps fixed out of combat and in PVE, 70 fps in full combat, things have improved but if XX char appear in the screen i freeze, i continue to play looking in the opposite side of Zerg but the 3° wave of 10 people are gone

Yesterday : Freeze are not fixed, some disconnection bug continue, i don't know if party still crush on invite because we found the bug and avoid it by invite only people in cyrodil, but the new bug appear!!!, the fps drop down, i play now MINIMUM QUALITY, 1360 X 1024 or FULL HD IS THE SAME, and i get 50 fps while out of combat or in PVE instead of 100 fps, the fps went down to 6 in combat... i tried to set in FULL HD, MAXIMUM QUALITY, at Spawn i get 30 fps, in combat i get 2 fps........

i repeat, In Beta : No Movement Lag, No Skill Lag, 60 fps in cyrodil at Maximum quality full HD, beautifull game... my pvp guild of 120+ moved to Eso, now we are 12, only 10 percent survived. I think we abandon away soon because of a massive multiplayer can not be played by 12 people.

I do not know how it is possible to make a game in Beta so powerful and so unplayable after 4 months, what happen???

from our part, we have been cheated!!!
    from your part you loose atm 13€ * 110 people = 1430 €/month only from my guild...

deafening applause covers your latest patch.

Ps. very important :
    I seemed to understand that you have connected the FPS with server connection Tick, help me to make some accounts : 200 people to show, everyone have Xpos, Ypos, Zpos, animation ID, animation position, many other info... you are the best, all this info in 8 byte... for 200 people = 1600 = more then 1 k, if i have 60kb/s line i can take only 60 fps, if the people in fight are 400, i get a maximum of 30fps, I bet you have more than 8 bytes per person
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My backup is Archeage(its almost beta). But I will stick to ESO until i can't find any hardcore pvp guilds.

They really need to get their *** together, or I wont touch antoher elder scrolsl game until TES VI:Elsweyr(lol)
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post mate.

PVP was the only thing ive been doing for over a month and a half now. And with the patch 1.2.3 theyve totally broken everything that made me play the game - unplayable FPS and enemy players not loading before im dead.
    I had really high hopes for them to at least fix the mess they created but nope. One week and the mess still persists. I can't be paying for this so yes, i'm cancelling.
  • typeopymp
    typeopymp
    ✭✭
    Adding to these posts. I don't Pvp often, but after tonight's 3 FPS I might not want to Pvp much more at all. Wry disappointed ZOS.
    NA server: Ariseth Nightvale Level XX Bosmer Nightblade. Daggerfall.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time I viewed my enemies corpses on the ground I thought ; " Oh the lighting could be so much better. I need to see their shadows and the suns reflection on their lifeless eyes." I even messaged one group asking if we could fight in the church with all the stain glass windows. o.O

as much as we have disagreed before this is the most accurate post i have ever seen. +1

P.S. if it makes any difference, the game is also lagging out my browser
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Let's assume you have FPS sorted out soon enough, supposedly within proposed "upcoming patches", what about all the other issues posted here?

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please add: speedhacks, oneshots ('burning' issue) and permacombat regardless of casting, same as with permadetect

nonetheless, the #1 issue, I think, is still the FPS drops. I will grit my teeth and tolerate all the other problems if it at least lets me play instead of watch a powerpoint.

getting close to that unsub point now.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please add: speedhacks, oneshots ('burning' issue) and permacombat regardless of casting, same as with permadetect

nonetheless, the #1 issue, I think, is still the FPS drops. I will grit my teeth and tolerate all the other problems if it at least lets me play instead of watch a powerpoint.

Ok, will add those in. But I'm not too sure if the burning damages were oneshot or DOT or by multiple source. Regarding speed hacks, I have only seen a player that ran at god speed that having retreating manoeuvre, crippling grasp and path of darkness wouldn't even allow me to catch up, it's like I'm standing still and his boots have rockets.

Could you provide some details of your encounter?

Edit, couldn't even tab target him, so Crippling Grasp did not land. Yet, RM and Path should basically allow me to out run anything.
    Edited by Aeradon on July 2, 2014 7:22AM

• NekOnOkO
    NekOnOkO
    ✭✭✭
    Why everyone forget about **** volcanic rune? It is the second most infuriating bug after fps problem.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, will add those in. But I'm not too sure if the burning damages were oneshot or DOT or by multiple source. Regarding speed hacks, I have only seen a player that ran at god speed that having retreating manoeuvre, crippling grasp and path of darkness wouldn't even allow me to catch up, it's like I'm standing still and his boots have rockets.

Idk about burning haven't seen it yet myself.

as for the speedhack - no this was not a temporary buff, it was a hack for sure

he capped the scroll in about 30s and literally lol'd at our 65% horses (while on foot), so it's not that issue. Many others saw it too, not sure what the guy is using. It was an EP (no idea class) on AB (NA) but I think others know who i mean, he still plays because we kill him from time to time.

I have his name but you know... forum bashing is apparently worse than hacking your game
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk about burning haven't seen it yet myself.

as for the speedhack - no this was not a temporary buff, it was a hack for sure

he capped the scroll in about 30s and literally lol'd at our 65% horses (while on foot), so it's not that issue. Many others saw it too, not sure what the guy is using. It was an EP (no idea class) on AB (NA) but I think others know who i mean, he still plays because we kill him from time to time.

I have his name but you know... forum bashing is apparently worse than hacking your game
    My encounter was on Wabbajack (NA). An EP player with skeleton disguise zipped in from the trees and kill one of the players behind a resource tower with soul assault, then moved around so fast that I couldn't even tab target him. Ran off right after soul assault ended, tried to chase with RM and path but seconds later he's already so far I can't see him on 40 view distance.

Was he alone when he capped the scroll?
    Edited by Aeradon on July 2, 2014 7:33AM

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you. Your frustrations in teamspeak tonight mirrored my own. What are we supposed to do, pretend to PvP while singing campfire songs?

This whole situation is completely ***, we cant even fight because our groups get strung out due to lag/slideshowing.

We cant even stack up effectively because by the time everyone can manage to get to point A, the opportunity at point B is already past.

I miss Beta, at least there you could move and charge and fall back, and not have to worry about your client decided to go "nope nope nope" every 30 seconds.

Give me OP bats and double strength DK standard any day over this crap.

Btw ill still meet you at aleswell in a week :p
    Edited by Rylana on July 2, 2014 7:37AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel you. Your frustrations in teamspeak tonight mirrored my own. What are we supposed to do, pretend to PvP while singing campfire songs?

This whole situation is completely ***, we cant even fight because our groups get strung out due to lag/slideshowing.

We cant even stack up effectively because by the time everyone can manage to get to point A, the opportunity at point B is already past.

I miss Beta, at least there you could move and charge and fall back, and not have to worry about your client decided to go "nope nope nope" every 30 seconds.

@Rylana‌ It's very frustrating indeed. Yet when I watch this video, I laughed so hard and began to notice how stupid PVP has become. Hope it lightens you up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irbdQQjVX3o
    Edited by Aeradon on July 2, 2014 7:40AM

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rylana‌ It's very frustrating indeed. Yet when I watch this video, I laughed so hard and began to notice how stupid PVP has become. Hope it lightens you up.

lost it at gopher holes

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
  • pierceoftheender
    I,I,I I cant watch it, it hurts my eyes!!! :s
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • Jaxom
    Jaxom
    ✭✭✭✭

That Video......so much win.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh. The culling is real.

I was hoping it was just me, but this has gotten ridiculous.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh. The culling is real.

I was hoping it was just me, but this has gotten ridiculous.

No that vid is pretty accurate of what we were seeing most of last night.
    I don't think I can pvp sober anymore